EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Beyond fed up

fastguy2124
45 posts Member
edited July 31
I’m not paying $80 for NHL 20. Especially not if the god damn scoreboard is on the bottom and all flashy, unrealistic and unprofessional. The new commentator is always yelling and horrible, nothing has been done with the stupid stick lift recover animations and the ai is still brain dead out there. You’ve been robbing us since NHL 15 on ps4. The only way I’m buying the game now is if it’s on sale, the beta is extremely disappointing.
Post edited by fastguy2124 on

Replies

• G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    Please take out auto stick lift. Please. Let us do the stick lifting.

Theres nothing worse then not having to do the action manually and watching other teams online pick off passes automatically lift sticks etc etc just by skating. Let us control:

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks
    Controling the puck without animations

And many more.. I just dont have the time to write them to you when the majority of the faithful community wants it..

Make it a seperate game mode in your game you sell to radical teenagers with a fortnite addiction.

Give us a real HOCKEY game.
  • fastguy2124
    45 posts Member
    edited July 31
    G1ll1es wrote: »

It’s sad that the old gen games, which played way more fast paced and arcady, were way closer to an actual hockey game than any of the last 5 games have been. Playing hockey as a player my whole life and then playing this game just makes me super sad especially when looking at the other sports games EA makes.

Why do we get the short end of the stick for NHL? Hockey fans are some of the most diehard, loyal and crazy fans out there (besides soccer fans) and I feel EA has just been flipping us the bird as far as the hockey games go.
  • G1ll1es wrote: »

Theres nothing worse then not having to do the action manually and watching other teams online pick off passes automatically lift sticks etc etc just by skating. Let us control:

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

And many more.. I just dont have the time to write them to you when the majority of the faithful community wants it..

Make it a seperate game mode in your game you sell to radical teenagers with a fortnite addiction.

There is no auto stick lift.

You’re talking about incidental contact.

If you want a hockey game that emphasizes physics - you’re going to have to deal with incidental contact.

• G1ll1es
    38 posts Member

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

If you want a hockey game that emphasizes physics - you’re going to have to deal with incidental contact.

The incidental contact in this game is garbage. As far as auto stick lifts being in the game yes their are. All i have to do is get close enough to a player and the game will auto stick lift. Try it in practice mode in nhl 19. Its balonga.

Incidental contact is balogna.. I can see accidental contact but incidental contact animations are brutal they dont exsist.. Just go run into the boards full speed bro.

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

The incidental contact in this game is garbage. As far as auto stick lifts being in the game yes their are. All i have to do is get close enough to a player and the game will auto stick lift. Try it in practice mode in nhl 19. Its balonga.

Incidental contact is balogna.. I can see accidental contact but incidental contact animations are brutal they dont exsist.. Just go run into the boards full speed bro.

it's not an auto stick lift. It is a stick on stick animation that causes puck possession to be lost. It doesn't look the best, but the result is logical.

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

Until EA adds contextual stick lifts so that there are different stick interactions via input based on the context, you’re going to have to deal with some kind of automated interaction.

When those interactions weren’t given the animations they have now - everyone would complain that one player “just ended up with the puck”

Now we have these dynamic interactions where you can use body positioning and DSS to maximize the potential you get the puck rather than leaving it up to RNG.

It’s exactly what this community wanted.
  • For years now we are told there are no "auto stick lifts". So tell me what the difference is between a stick lift and stick on stick on stick animation? the bottom line is - it's the same result.

But beyond this the most aggravating thing in this Beta (which started off pretty good on night honestly), is the AI defenseman's ability to intercept pucks that behind their back with 1 arm. These defenders are like vacuum cleaners. There are passes that are in lanes that no defender would be able to intercept (typically when their back is turned etc) and yet these AI suck them all in. All this does is take away the team aspect of the game and makes it more about individual skills which defeats the purpose of the EASHL.

Additionally, what is going on with the speed of passes? Even if you power them up they move so slowly...much more slowly than in past years. Is that intentional?

And lastly, the amount of time it takes now to release a pass or a shot is a bit too long. I understand a slapshot or big wrister takes more time to release and that is the cost/benefit of that shot. But every NHL player has a quick release snap shot that doesn't seem to be accessible in this game anymore. I really hope a lot of work is done between now and release.

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

it's not an auto stick lift. It is a stick on stick animation that causes puck possession to be lost. It doesn't look the best, but the result is logical.

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

Stick lifts
    Interceptions
    Reaching for loose pucks

I agree it's logical. The same as fifa without hockey stick. If you grab puck/ball from the opponent you have in advance move. This is not the same as fumble from nfl sport, you can not battle if your move is against. This is not bad from EA made if this is auto-mode.
  • There is no auto stick lift. Maybe there is if you're playing with NHL 94 controls or whatever but if you skate towards a guy using hybrid controls or whatever the default is then you will not raise your opponents stick.

If you dont press X/A you will not stick lift.

Skating into an individual's stick is incidental contact. Whether your stick or your body hits the puck controllers stick, it will jar the puck free because of incidental contact since the stick no longer passes through other solid objects (for the most part).

The boards dont have the same mechanics.