EA Forums - Banner

Just a list of all the stuff I have to complain about for the NHL 20 Beta

mika93zibanejad
120 posts Member
edited July 2019
I know they said in the release article that "the version used in the Beta was last edited eight weeks prior" or some crap like that, but this game has quite the hefty amount of problems:

1.) I've seen this happen to a lot of people - sometimes while trying to take a backhander, your player will randomly do a spinorama to take a wrist shot. What?

2.) The Edmonton Oilers goal horn doesn't work in online versus, and their arena is labeled as "EA Sports Arena" instead of "Rogers Place"

3.) EASHL Drop In system is absolute garbage. Why do my friends and I get split up while trying to get into a 3s match when we are all in the same lobby?

4.) That goal where you cut to the middle and go high glove on the goaltender seems to work all the time still.

5.) Team Selection in online versus is kind of wonky. I can't describe it that well so I'll try to attach a video of it to this thread.

6.) Being a big player in World of CHEL still doesn't have drawbacks, as those builds are able to catch up to my 5'7 160 lbs sniper while I'm on a breakaway.

Replies

• MooseHunter10
    402 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    6.) Being a big player in World of CHEL still doesn't have drawbacks, as those builds are able to catch up to my 5'7 160 lbs sniper while I'm on a breakaway.

If being big doesnt have drawbacks, why are you a 5'7" sniper?
    I know why, cause 5'7" sniper is the best class! Same thing I used all last year, even on D.

btw, slight change in NHL 20, and you can now be 5'9" 170 lbs to get the same skating attributes as a 5'7" 160 lbs skater. I don't know if the 2" difference changes turn radius at all.
    EASHL player
  • mika93zibanejad
    120 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I tried to make my character to match my actual person as much as possible. I'm short as hell and quite underweight lmfao.

EDIT: This is also the first time I've ever tried online play in any NHL game.
  • I tried to make my character to match my actual person as much as possible. I'm short as hell and quite underweight lmfao.

EDIT: This is also the first time I've ever tried online play in any NHL game.

lol well your RL size fits the NHL meta perfectly.

#1 - Theyve tweaked some shooting scenarios, a "backhand shovel" shot was one of them, and I think its in those former backhand shovel scenarios where you now get a 270 degree forehand spin (I've missed empty nets both times Ive had this).

#4 - Yup. Apparently there is new goalie logic that didnt make the beta, that will make paid release. I haven't touched it, can't comment on it. Would assume the Game Changers have played the updated version though.

#6 - As much as I want to shoot down anyone saying 5'7" sniper isnt the greatest, its a common complaint. All I can say is make sure you're turboing in a perfectly straight line, and dont adjust your path until you have space to protect puck on your cut in (more RS than X button).

EASHL player
  • Thanks for the response on three of my complaints. Is there anything on those 270 degree spin shots being fixed for the paid release?

I feel like "- Improvements to the direction and how a player rotates into a one timer shot. Worst cases were when they would go the wrong way and spin fully around before taking the shot rather than turning through the pass direction and when they would start to rotate away before rotating towards the puck." might be the fix but I'm not 100% sure.
  • From what I've seen so far Dangler is the way to go. Even under 6 feet they resist quite alot of physical play. Not to mention, their snipes are surprisingly and exceedingly accurate. I am talking 270 degree spins, fire it off top shelf far side from the boards.....

They pass really well too may I add. Makes me wonder why sniper is still considered in the beta...