EA Forums - Banner

Odd-man Rush A.I.

There still seems to be a habit for the A.I. to be completely unaware that they are involved in a 3-on-1.

IMO - if you enter the zone and you are in a 3-on-1 scenario with the puck, your AI should be focused on driving the net and/or at least moving in that direction while waiting for a pass or shot.

Instead - they seem to skate to their assignments as if it’s a 5 on 5 scenario.

Replies

• MttB99
    posts New member
    When you are on a 2 on 1, your CPU teammate always overskates the net, or is way to far away to make passes/score. This needs to be fixed before release, too many times you have a 2 on 1 and the CPU skates past the goal line, or takes an unlikely shot from afar.
  • There still seems to be a habit for the A.I. to be completely unaware that they are involved in a 3-on-1.

IMO - if you enter the zone and you are in a 3-on-1 scenario with the puck, your AI should be focused on driving the net and/or at least moving in that direction while waiting for a pass or shot.

Instead - they seem to skate to their assignments as if it’s a 5 on 5 scenario.

Yeah, the situational awareness of the computer team mate AI is pretty poor. Which is too bad because that could hurt and help you all in one. Depending on which side of the 3 on 1 you're on.
  • The dumber the CPU is the better! I hate CPU's and I think players should be hindered for playing with them. Last year it was the biggest pain in the world playing against 2 players and 4 AI. People start to leave and the team gets better because AI is so good. The CPU shouldn't be much better than the worst players imo and bad human players get out of position constantly or wouldn't know how to shoot or set a 1t opportunity. That's just my 2 cents..