EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

We need drop-in lobbies again

2Next

Replies

• zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    I can live without the lobby, but players need dressing rooms back after games.
  • Let's go Devs. Please drop by this thread. This is a significant issue.
  • 100% agree, I still go back on the 360 sometimes and play Legacy drop ins and that drop in lobby is GOLD!
  • 100% agree, I still go back on the 360 sometimes and play Legacy drop ins and that drop in lobby is GOLD!

Nice! I was curious if 360 still had a community. I still get drop-in games on PS3 NHL15. If it only had matchmaker that game would be dead.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    I can live without the lobby, but players need dressing rooms back after games.

You need to have higher expectations my friend! :smile:

Nice! I was curious if 360 still had a community. I still get drop-in games on PS3 NHL15. If it only had matchmaker that game would be dead.

Until 19 came out we had a league on 15 for 360 still going strong, there was about 8-10 teams with average 8-10 players per team with double header games Mon-Fri, so drop ins on 15 were very busy still would see the max 50 people in there sometimes when league games weren't going on or on the weekend this was last year. Then 19 came out and everyone was sold on it and the league folded, so I went to Legacy and brought most of the guys who were still on 15 and didn't want to get 19 or didn't have a one yet, but I guess on Legacy they didn't use the drop in lobbies, they used the EASHL find a game search so I was always wondering where everyone was lol, eventually after sometime got them all to the community lobby and they all go there now, they always have a game going and later in the night can get up to 2 games going at a time with average 10 guys in the game.

Now I will say as much as I do like that lobby setup, the one and only flaw is when you get that one random who sits in the middle and doesn't pick a side really can be a pain, but other than that one issue, it's still the best lobby setup 100%.

Until 19 came out we had a league on 15 for 360 still going strong, there was about 8-10 teams with average 8-10 players per team with double header games Mon-Fri, so drop ins on 15 were very busy still would see the max 50 people in there sometimes when league games weren't going on or on the weekend this was last year. Then 19 came out and everyone was sold on it and the league folded, so I went to Legacy and brought most of the guys who were still on 15 and didn't want to get 19 or didn't have a one yet, but I guess on Legacy they didn't use the drop in lobbies, they used the EASHL find a game search so I was always wondering where everyone was lol, eventually after sometime got them all to the community lobby and they all go there now, they always have a game going and later in the night can get up to 2 games going at a time with average 10 guys in the game.

Now I will say as much as I do like that lobby setup, the one and only flaw is when you get that one random who sits in the middle and doesn't pick a side really can be a pain, but other than that one issue, it's still the best lobby setup 100%.

Yeah agreed with the one guy trolling the middle thing. That can be fixed though. As someone mentioned earlier a few tweaks and the lobby system would be fantastic.

Yeah agreed with the one guy trolling the middle thing. That can be fixed though. As someone mentioned earlier a few tweaks and the lobby system would be fantastic.

It's a super easy fix, they obviously overlooked the troll factor when making the lobby system. Just allow more people in the lobby instead of 12 max, the troll can sit in the middle all they want as the slots fill and the game ready's up!