EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 20 Faces List

Replies

• Oshimai wrote: »
    As a side note to all of this, I really wonder how much QA/testing goes on for the faces that do get scanned. Some players look downright strange (ex. Gaudreau) and helmets fit very strangely on certain players (ex. oversized helmets on Panarin and William Nylander).

Man, I'm waiting for the day when someone on the inside gets so infuriated and exposes what's really going on in these companies. It has to be some shady stuff because the work that gets churned out is as if the interns were doing most of it.
  • Kagamida
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    rpmfdnhl wrote: »
    Man, I'm waiting for the day when someone on the inside gets so infuriated and exposes what's really going on in these companies. It has to be some shady stuff because the work that gets churned out is as if the interns were doing most of it.

The worst part about this is that we've had a taste of how awesome this game can be. Just to name a few things off the top of my head, we used to have CUSTOM MUSIC so we could add our own authentic goal songs and arena music - how crazy is that. We used to be able to customize STICK FLEX and CURVE (Honestly I don't remember how much of a difference this made, but if it was a customizable option, it must have affected the game one way or another).

Instead of adding authentic NHL equipment we get Ronald McDonald's newest clothing line.

Instead we get year after year of minor visual/gameplay upgrades a whole bunch of HUT updates.

Instead of more realistic NHL animations, we have the return of the LT zone entry and the one-handed auto goal.

It's painful and sad to see how much this game declines year after year.
    Post edited by Kagamida on
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    NHLDev wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    @NHLDev Started a new Thread in OP-Sports. 870 views in 2 days not bad. https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/957822-nhl-20-player-faces.html
    Developers and community manager are nowhere to be seen in EA's official forums.

We have been quite busy with the launch of the game so I haven't been on here that much.

Face Scans is also not a topic that is really meant for me as I am the Gameplay Producer. Our creative director, presentation producer and art director don't have accounts on these forums so I usually send them relevant links for awareness.

The rookie showcase is a good event where you get a lot of new top players in one place so we usually scan there. I know those scans are the first piece in driving the chance for those scans to then be converted into in-game assets but it isn't a guarantee they will get in just because they were scanned.

@NHLDev Thanks a lot for your statement. As far as I understood, you gave the Links from my OP Sports Thread and the Link from the Showcase to the Developers of the Art Department which have no Account here. Like to say Thank you for this, cause my Thread in views and interesst is growing there. I remember from the article that Adam Fox spoke that he was excited to be scanned and will be in at NHL 20. I know he need to play minimum one game to get into the game and I hope strongly to see these young Players soon into the game, hopefully with real faces. I know that in this Forum is only a small fanbase but from my side I see a lot of potential in this underrated graphic details, same as missing Equipment or to change and get new of the many year old Goalie masks. This all around will make the game ( I speak from the game not gameplay cause this are different shoes ) much better, more realistic and also I am sure the sales of copies will grow. Sincerely
  • rambo3005
    1 posts New member
    edited September 2019
    On the rookie showcase website its clearly stated that these scans were coming in nhl 20. Would be very disappointing if not.

I really like the gameplay improvements this year (on the ice) but pls ea it's nice to see some coaching new features in franchise but pls fix the faces. After 2 years roster is half black with generated faces and some are so irritating I remember kotkaniemi past year being blond and blue eyes I mean why?.... Could the guy that fix rating wouldn't it be to much to match eye and hair color to at least be similar....

I know it's not the thread here but if you can't generate a similar face can you AT LEAST give us the option of no play by play name when you create a player... Somehow we could fix this a little by ourselves

Sorry for my English not my first language

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Bizarre that Quinn Hughes isn’t scanned and doesn’t even have a profile pic.
  • Bizarre that Quinn Hughes isn’t scanned and doesn’t even have a profile pic.

He is scanned. They dit it at the NHLPA Rookie Showcase. Same as many other rising prospects which are not in the game till now. Think there was 28 at this event. From rights seen his Face and a Player pic could, but maybe the art department had no time to model and make it ready to upload for the game ? I hope strongly that this scanned faces and others will be added at next Roster updates as soon as possible.
  • rambo3005 wrote: »
    On the rookie showcase website its clearly stated that these scans were coming in nhl 20. Would be very disappointing if not.
    Yes, Adam Fox told about it.
  • Dear @NHLDev
    1) you have the opportunity to make faces without scanning, otherwise how to explain the fact that in alumni faces are those players who are no longer with us (r.i.p) .
    2) if you have the opportunity to make faces without scanning, why not scan only the top players, and make faces to the rest through photoshop like the patchmakers for PC games do and as you did for alumni player?
    3) why not add a good player editor to the game, where game user can change not only the beard on the face, but also the face itself (for those players who do not have a real face, of course)
    4) why not add to this editor the ability to upload a player’s photo, which is displayed in the game menu and the possibility of a gamescan function? (with certain clearly defined requirements for the uploaded image) it is certainly more complicated than in paragraph 3, but not impossible.
    Paragraphs 3 and 4 would enable users to customize the game for themselves and could remove part of the work from you.
    I note that the possibility of customization in itself is a very interesting entertainment for the user.
    I would like you to pass on the information to those employees who are doing this and get answers from them, which of what I have listed is impossible and why?
    Thank. Sorry for my english.
  • Looks like no new faces in latest patch
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Unfortunately we are used to get Roster updates like this. If they would add at every update some Player faces, it should not be a big work for them.
  • darkryd3r
    100 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Fully agree....roster update dated September 18th was very disappointing to me. Hopefully next time some more faces.

Also the fact that licencing seems to go in a wrong direction. E.g. no sponsorship ices anymore in National League (Switzerland) or the German national jersey is generic again and not licenced anymore.

I would appreciate if EA can spend some efforts again in the graphic issues like faces, player pictures, jerseys, ices, equipment etc.
  • Can we please get profile images added in the next roster update for Taro Hirose (Red Wings) and Ryan Kuffner (Grand Rapids)? Both played in the NHL last year so I am not sure why they are missing official head shots.

Also, please add Chase Pearson to Grand Rapids (again, with an actual profile image) as he played ten games with the Griffins last year after signing his ELC. You have players that have moved on from Grand Rapids still on the roster (Colin Campbell and Derek Hulak) while missing Pearson.

Finally once he makes his professional debut this season, please make sure Filip Larsson (Grand Rapids/Toledo) is added to the game with a profile image. Thank you very much.
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Can we please get profile images added in the next roster update for Taro Hirose (Red Wings) and Ryan Kuffner (Grand Rapids)? Both played in the NHL last year so I am not sure why they are missing official head shots.

Also, please add Chase Pearson to Grand Rapids (again, with an actual profile image) as he played ten games with the Griffins last year after signing his ELC. You have players that have moved on from Grand Rapids still on the roster (Colin Campbell and Derek Hulak) while missing Pearson.

Finally once he makes his professional debut this season, please make sure Filip Larsson (Grand Rapids/Toledo) is added to the game with a profile image. Thank you very much.

For all active NHL Players which have no ! This is basic work !! No other important Sport game is without Player images.
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    NHLDev wrote: »
    @NHLDev Started a new Thread in OP-Sports. 870 views in 2 days not bad. https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/957822-nhl-20-player-faces.html
    Developers and community manager are nowhere to be seen in EA's official forums.

We have been quite busy with the launch of the game so I haven't been on here that much.

Face Scans is also not a topic that is really meant for me as I am the Gameplay Producer. Our creative director, presentation producer and art director don't have accounts on these forums so I usually send them relevant links for awareness.

The rookie showcase is a good event where you get a lot of new top players in one place so we usually scan there. I know those scans are the first piece in driving the chance for those scans to then be converted into in-game assets but it isn't a guarantee they will get in just because they were scanned.

As you said you are the Gameplay Producer of the game I let you and your Team know that you did a great job in gameplay this year. Never saw any better gameplay for this game before. Would be glad and happy when your Art department will doing the same job. Adding more Player likenesses ( NHLPA Rookie showcase + Veterans ), missing Player images, new Goalie masks, new Alternate Jerseys will bring this years game to a very high level. Maybe you let your Art department know that. Thanks for listening.
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    So far I see no new Face scans in the Roster update from Oct. 1st ? What's going on in this graphic department ? Is there only one person working ?
  • Froommey wrote: »
    So far I see no new Face scans in the Roster update from Oct. 1st ? What's going on in this graphic department ? Is there only one person working ?

Man, I am dying to know what is going on with this company. The actual truth, though. We need an EA whistle blower. Very little gets improved, very little gets fixed and very little gets added. And it's not just the NHL series, FIFA and Madden are suffering similar problems. It's terrible, year after year, issue after issue... it's a rabbit hole and a half.
  • MaxPac67
    150 posts Member
    edited October 2019

Even one person should do a better job. They don't give a damn about anything that doesn't generate them money. This greedy company is just pure trash, all that matters is HUT, FUT, and whatever the cash-grab mode is called in Madden.
  • Any updates on this?

It's strange the varying levels of quality for face scans in this game. Some face scans are done great. But some players (ex. Gaudreau, W. Nylander, Hanafin, Panarin) are just downright strange looking or have strange head models that disfigures helmets or causes them to be oversized on these players.
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Oshimai wrote: »
    Any updates on this?

It's strange the varying levels of quality for face scans in this game. Some face scans are done great. But some players (ex. Gaudreau, W. Nylander, Hanafin, Panarin) are just downright strange looking or have strange head models that disfigures helmets or causes them to be oversized on these players.

No new updates till now. Hope that they will add the promised scanned 28 Players from the NHLPA Upper Deck Rookie showcase of this year soon. One Developer said they doing scans every year at this Rookie showcases. it’s not clear for me why they do not add the face scans than to the game ? For what do they install the big headscan machine, make scans ? It’s a lot of work for nothing. Finaly there are missing so many Veteran scans in the game. This year the added many Sharks or former Sharks Player to the game. Seems they scanned the whole Sharks Team time ago ? https://www.nhlpa.com/news/1-18591/next-generation-of-players-headline-11th-annual-nhlpa-rookie-showcase
  • Pardon me for being pessimistic but let's take a look at participants from 2016-2018 showcases.

(IN= in game)

2016 Showcase:
    Ivan Barbashev
    Chris Bigras
    Oliver Bjorkstrand
    Madison Bowey
    Connor Brown
    Michael Dal Colle
    Nikolaj Ehlers (IN)
    Robby Fabbri (IN)
    Zach Fucale
    Nikolay Goldobin (IN)