EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Help

Is there any help type videos. I am a straight skating, very seldom use poke or lifts because honestly I hate playing short handed. I don’t deke spin or use many of the puck protect buttons etc. I have won division 1 and have won over 500 online games in hut. I am thinking if there was a help video showing perfect timing of pokes lifts or tricks of the trade per say it would improve my game. The general consensus has been oh it’s connection or twitch skills etc. I just try to win with good d position etc but it’s the players that can hold the puck no matter how blanketed you are on them or the guys you can’t hit that end up giving me fits. It is also a joy to beat those players.

Any guidance or links to help pages would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• If I titled this tilt everyone in this community would respond. But what I love most is when you ask for help not a peep.
  • At this point the only people playing the game are the diehards who know the ins and outs of the game.

Unfortunately once you get to a level of VS you have to fight fire with fire and play cheesy so my best advice is to learn exploits.
  • At this point the only people playing the game are the diehards who know the ins and outs of the game.

Unfortunately once you get to a level of VS you have to fight fire with fire and play cheesy so my best advice is to learn exploits.

Which is what I was asking it isn’t like exploits are in the instructions. Is there a site YouTube etc that shows tips etc.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2480 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Haven't watched Sleeveless Gaming in a long time but try starting here...

• Haven't watched Sleeveless Gaming in a long time but try starting here...

Thank you.

Which is what I was asking it isn’t like exploits are in the instructions. Is there a site YouTube etc that shows tips etc.

My advice?

Watch Twitch streams and see what all the cheesers are doing. Notice where they shoot from, where they aim, and try and focus on noticing what works for them. Most top players go for the same moves. It's seeing how they adapt to those that shut these plays down that will teach you good stuff.

The really good players have 4 or 5 ways to score, but most start with the same cheese. Soon as they notice you are on to them, they will adapt and go for their other plays which are slightly less money, but still work.