EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Add more of a emersive experience to Be a Pro mode

The only thing that 2K has ever excelled at was creating an emersive experience with your created character. As a regular guy, you truly want to feel your characters progression. Cutscenes, commentary, and bringing your 'Pro' to life is a major deal-breaker for most. There's really no attention grabbing or emersive experience provided with the current set-up. Its just a string of being told your moving up to the next forward line... and then you're a starter.. and now your only strive is to raise your overall. Bring something into it. Make the audience feel absorbed into their virtual NHL Pro. You'll lose sales forever to 2K players because they provide a personalized experience that truly makes them feel like they're making decisions and customizing 'themselves' to their liking.

Replies

• NDaniels92 wrote: »
    The only thing that 2K has ever excelled at was creating an emersive experience with your created character. As a regular guy, you truly want to feel your characters progression. Cutscenes, commentary, and bringing your 'Pro' to life is a major deal-breaker for most. There's really no attention grabbing or emersive experience provided with the current set-up. Its just a string of being told your moving up to the next forward line... and then you're a starter.. and now your only strive is to raise your overall. Bring something into it. Make the audience feel absorbed into their virtual NHL Pro. You'll lose sales forever to 2K players because they provide a personalized experience that truly makes them feel like they're making decisions and customizing 'themselves' to their liking.

Be a Pro is so stale I won't even touch it. Would have to be at least 10 times more engaging than it is, especially with the way the AI plays....

Such a boring mode.
  • Be a Pro needs a crazy overhaul. Since it's inception I've barely touched the mode.

Things they need to add:

-Customizable facial features. Get rid of the head model system.

-Add off ice and on ice drills like NBA 2k has the gym. Let me do drills to increase my performance and weight room training for strength.

-Add endorsements.

-You dont need a full story mode but add cutscenes for pregame, intermission, post game interviews, being called up/sent down, promoted or demoted lines, increased minutes etc...

-Integrate Chel so you get some online rewards if you're connected.

-NHL doesnt have the IIHF license but at least include World Cup of Hockey.

-Add skills competition mini games.

-(Online) Though it's probably copyrighted have a "My Rink" style Ones Rink where I can customize it, mess around and do whatever I want on it. Invite friends, play 1v1, 2v2 etc ... keep away, shoot on a CPU goalie ... whatever.
  • Be a Pro needs a crazy overhaul. Since it's inception I've barely touched the mode.

Things they need to add:

-Customizable facial features. Get rid of the head model system.

-Add off ice and on ice drills like NBA 2k has the gym. Let me do drills to increase my performance and weight room training for strength.

-Add endorsements.

-You dont need a full story mode but add cutscenes for pregame, intermission, post game interviews, being called up/sent down, promoted or demoted lines, increased minutes etc...

-Integrate Chel so you get some online rewards if you're connected.

-NHL doesnt have the IIHF license but at least include World Cup of Hockey.

-Add skills competition mini games.

-(Online) Though it's probably copyrighted have a "My Rink" style Ones Rink where I can customize it, mess around and do whatever I want on it. Invite friends, play 1v1, 2v2 etc ... keep away, shoot on a CPU goalie ... whatever.

Cool ideas.
  • Be a pro is the only game mode which simulates the actual idea of being an hockey player. You control one player, you have to be right time on right places, positioning has to be good and most important you have to do what you're job on ice is.. In other words what you do without the puck is the most important thing as an hockey player, most of the time you are without puck so it's the key thing.

Been waited some real depth and updates to BAP mode last six years... it's sad that they just has left this mode out a long time ago. Seen a lots of players demanding some serious updates to this but nope.