EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

NHL 20 - EA do something finaly!!!

Anubit3
1 posts New member
edited August 2019
NHL 20 beta - first of all - it is just another update of previous versions, same game, same bugs, same everything!
EA show some bags as new? Price for NHL is same like f.e. Witcher 3 and that is another game with story, landscapes and ideas.
But there still time to DO something with it.
Here is some points for players from my club:
1. Make more difference between players. How it is possible that huge defendeman can not hit technic player? Technic player can use L2 or shake gamepad and make slide around. It is not real. When 115kg player make any contact with 80kg player- he need to lose puck or fall.
2. L2 is not real. When some player turn around he : cannot pass, have to decrease speed , everything decrease for limited time.
3. In game information about patches. Every patch change character of game. We need to know what is new and why now my player can not hit or score.
4. Reporter- are you crazy?? I hope it is joke
5. EASHL - add there also outside stadions. Make it more attractive for player.
6. EASHL new statistic screen with players info is great. Ads there screen with club information. last games, goalkeeper % , etc.

I hope EA do something otherwise a lot of player will not buy this update...

[Socair - edited swear filter]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• LT/L2 was addressed for NHL 20.
    Just come to the forums they post any patch notes you would need to know about.

People will still buy the game regardless because it's the only hockey game we have. And everyone will complain like they do every year. And every year we can say don't worry NHL 21 will be better and it will be ever so slightly. Sports games just don't ever take huge leaps in improvements from year to year and it's harder to notice amazing changes year to year either.
  • Anubit3
    1 posts New member
    Yes. I know it is not easy. But NHL 18 is same like NHL20. I mean absolutely same. Bags and 3 outdoor stadions ? Who cares. I hope 2K will make some hockey and I am sure it will be much more better like nhl18 with 2 patches (nhl19 and 20) :)
  • Anubit3 wrote: »
    But NHL 18 is same like NHL20. I mean absolutely same

It’s not tho
  • Anubit3 wrote: »

It’s not tho

it has a different cover athlete on the case. How could it be the same.

• KidShowtime1867
    950 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Anubit3 wrote: »

It’s not tho

There are literally game mechanics in NHL 19 that do not exist in 18. There are game mechanics that exist in NHL 20 that do not exist in NHL 19.

An inability or refusal to see these changes is a demonstration in how the majority of the complainers on this forum literally have no clue about fundamental elements of the game. They demand all of these changes but still can't grasp the concept of body positioning.

[Socair - edited for baiting terms]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • WainGretSki
    3493 posts Member
    edited August 2019

It’s not tho

There are literally game mechanics in NHL 19 that do not exist in 18. There are game mechanics that exist in NHL 20 that do not exist in NHL 19.

An inability or refusal to see these changes is a demonstration in how the majority of the complainers on this forum literally have no clue about fundamental elements of the game. They demand all of these changes but still can't grasp the concept of body positioning.

Well, to be fair, all these additions for the most part do not change very much how the game is played. These new tools help alot for people that know how to use them, but the top players know how to get around them and still be successful while using the same tactics for the most part. So I would say you are both right in different ways.

[Socair - edited quote]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I downloaded NHL 19 yesterday and played two drop in games. Everyone in the lobby were Prestige and everyone played proper hockey. Games played well and felt great.

I wish I could try the beta again to see how it plays compared to 19.
  • I downloaded NHL 19 yesterday and played two drop in games. Everyone in the lobby were Prestige and everyone played proper hockey. Games played well and felt great.

I wish I could try the beta again to see how it plays compared to 19.

From what I remember between 19 now and the beta is that every single player class felt more agile and definitely more responsive. Now it feel like incorporated a bit of TPS into the RPM skating. It was also much easier to bump people off the puck in the beta than now.

The beta also had less forgiveness on pokes that lead to tripping penalties.

That's what I remember.
  • kezz123
    550 posts Member
    edited August 2019

It’s not tho

[Socair - edited for baiting terms]

We have a clue, we just dont think the said changes are meaningful enough to call it a different game.

ESPECIALLY not considering said game is being sold at the price of a brand new AAA game. There are better games with more "difference" or actually new games sold for less than half this price every day on steam.

[Socair - edited for discussing moderation]
    Post edited by Socair on