EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

NHL 20 Franchise Info

Replies

• Froommey
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I made a one year full simulation with 32nd Expansion Team including expansion draft.

- At expansion draft got players like Hornqvist, Markström, Burns, Henrique, Bouwmeester, Hamhuis, McDonagh, Lehner and some other real good Hockey players ( in reality this never would happen )

- During the Season NYI made me an offer for Barzal and a Pick for McDonagh ( never would happen in reality ) also other Teams gave me very good offers for a Trade. All Trades to easy with Trade slider on high.
    + Statistics now named by Team name
    + Coach Statistics. Thats a good point.
    - No Player history about past Trades. Would be necessary to see a History for whom or what Players are traded, Cup Rings, Awards ... A Trade, Award History is more important than this useless Moral History.
    - No Team History for Seasons in Franchise mode. Why is it not possible to see Standings and complete Team Statistics for past Seasons ?
    - From my first feel the Chats with Coaches and Draft Prospects doesn’t influence the Game positive or negative. Same as the Line chemistry. ( I mean now from sim Games )
    - Equipment, Jerseys, Face scans, Goalie masks, missing player pics of real player
    - In Free Agent Pool after one year sim was very much Elite Players, Top6 Forwards, Top 4 Defenceman. It seems much worser than in 19. I thought you Guys worked about that problem ? No way it would like this in reality.

About Gameplay have only experience of some minutes, but from first sight seems not better than in 19
  • Tobbish
    3 posts New member
    The players that should be RFA right now, have the same cap hit for 19/20 as they had for 18/19. Is it that hard to make a player's rights belong to a team, but still be without a contract?

I haven't started my trial yet, but from what I'm thinking, Toronto must be in a terrible spot with Clarkson and Horton. As far as I know there's no LTIR-option? I'm not sure how that would work (since no players start injured, and when it happens it's only IR), but a lot of cap hit-critical aspects needs a closer look. In the game, Toronto basically made their situation worse by adding Clarkson('s contract), while IRL it was a clever move.

I want to be able to do as close to the real thing as possible, and that doesn't really include trying to get rid of Clarkson and Horton to sign Marner. And right now signing Marner would be for 20/21 season, as he already has a contract for this season in game.
  • Tobbish wrote: »
    The players that should be RFA right now, have the same cap hit for 19/20 as they had for 18/19. Is it that hard to make a player's rights belong to a team, but still be without a contract?

I haven't started my trial yet, but from what I'm thinking, Toronto must be in a terrible spot with Clarkson and Horton. As far as I know there's no LTIR-option? I'm not sure how that would work (since no players start injured, and when it happens it's only IR), but a lot of cap hit-critical aspects needs a closer look. In the game, Toronto basically made their situation worse by adding Clarkson('s contract), while IRL it was a clever move.

I want to be able to do as close to the real thing as possible, and that doesn't really include trying to get rid of Clarkson and Horton to sign Marner. And right now signing Marner would be for 20/21 season, as he already has a contract for this season in game.

This Free Agent process with injured reserve Players and fine details as in reality isn’t in at 20. From my short side of Trial use the Free Agent market and also the Trade offers from this new Trade finder is worse. It is by far very easy to get very good players.
  • My guess is you'll have to wait till opening night rosters are available. Typically I would see last year after the first year all those guys retire and out of the league. Tanking the value on guys like Horton and such would stop the tricking the AI into keeping them. Last year Marner was always target. The idea this year would be other players becoming available as so to make room to keep the higher end guys. I'm sure an update patch is coming
  • I would love for the NHL series to adapt the trait system Madden has this year. I believe that would finally give players separation instead of everyone playing the same in franchise mode.
  • Froommey
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Nothing to do with opening night Roster. From most of the new Trade Finders offers you got, you will be the winner of this Trade. Set Slider on difficult, for example became an offer mid Season 19/20 from the Isles. Barzal and a Pick for McDonagh. Never would happen in reality
  • What I want to know is when Preseason and Post Trade Deadline roster limits will be set to 50. Why is this not implemented when its been a rule since 2008...I have posted and complained about this for years. Which I realize "who the heck am I" but I don't think this is a difficult thing to do. It would totally change how you manage your AHL and NHL players come playoff time and during preseason to find out who will make your team.

Also, Franchise preseason needs split squad games.
  • I'll add that here since people wouldn't want it online but...

Last change when at home.

I want to see which line the CPU is sending to the face-off so I can pick mine accordingly.
    This is an ACTUAL important strategy in hockey.
  • titomahawk wrote: »
    I'll add that here since people wouldn't want it online but...

Last change when at home.

I want to see which line the CPU is sending to the face-off so I can pick mine accordingly.
    This is an ACTUAL important strategy in hockey.

In Madden they tell you what the offense is lining up to pick your defense. Could you imagine if they didnt? haha
  • > @BruinsHockey08 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I agree. A lot of the changes are great. Especially if they are executed right. I can't wait to try it next week.

And thats a massive IF. Far too many times they've proven otherwise. The devs are like politicans. Say one thing. Do another.
  • How can we put the complete alumni roster in a franchise mode with the current players?
    Thanks
  • I've only played as one team and the Coaching "Salary" seems to be quite limited. I am at about $6.5 mil coach salary (for all my coaches) as a cap... but my head coach has become an A+ coach and now wants $6.68 mil/year... just for his salary...

Anyone know if there are teams that can actually budget in $10 + mil for coaches?
  • servo49 wrote: »
    I've only played as one team and the Coaching "Salary" seems to be quite limited. I am at about $6.5 mil coach salary (for all my coaches) as a cap... but my head coach has become an A+ coach and now wants $6.68 mil/year... just for his salary...

Anyone know if there are teams that can actually budget in $10 + mil for coaches?

I came across what is either a glitch or a break. You can offer as much money as you want. I ran into the same problem. Coach wanted 4 million and i said okay. It put me 3 million over and he agreed to it. I also needed two other coaches as they retired.

I didnt have any money left but tried anyway. Always got answers back that they didnt want to work for anything other than a contender but never said anything about money

So I just offered almost double what they asked and they were happy to join. I became like 4 mill over my budget. Simmed to next season and that was my new budget with space to add more.

Not sure if this is something thats wrong or not. If it is, they need to fix what coaches are asking because one head coach will take your entire budget. If it is a work around, hire all top coaches even if its not the role they want and just jack up the offer.

I havent gone that far, but i plan to try soon.
  • anyone have any tips for line chemistry - I hired a better overall coach and the line chemistry plummeted
  • servo49 wrote: »
    I've only played as one team and the Coaching "Salary" seems to be quite limited. I am at about $6.5 mil coach salary (for all my coaches) as a cap... but my head coach has become an A+ coach and now wants $6.68 mil/year... just for his salary...

I came across what is either a glitch or a break. You can offer as much money as you want. I ran into the same problem. Coach wanted 4 million and i said okay. It put me 3 million over and he agreed to it. I also needed two other coaches as they retired.

I didnt have any money left but tried anyway. Always got answers back that they didnt want to work for anything other than a contender but never said anything about money

So I just offered almost double what they asked and they were happy to join. I became like 4 mill over my budget. Simmed to next season and that was my new budget with space to add more.

Not sure if this is something thats wrong or not. If it is, they need to fix what coaches are asking because one head coach will take your entire budget. If it is a work around, hire all top coaches even if its not the role they want and just jack up the offer.

I havent gone that far, but i plan to try soon.

Just and update here, seems this only works when resigning and it puts you at the max or over budget. When you have to go sign someone to fill an empty space you can freely add someone.

Looks like that is what I've seen so far
  • anyone have any tips for line chemistry - I hired a better overall coach and the line chemistry plummeted

My coach doesnt like two franchise players on my team. Figure that one out haha. Still trying to figure it out.

My coach doesnt like two franchise players on my team. Figure that one out haha. Still trying to figure it out.

you on xbox or ps4?
  • I've looked into the player preferences when it comes to strategies. You'd think those are fixed to what a player prefer (or at least seem to prefer), but no!

Two franchises with Colorado, and this was Gabriel Landeskog's preferences...

First time / Second time

Balanced / Balanced
    Cycle / Balanced
    Balanced / Efficient
    Balanced / Don't Block

I was planning on making things easier for myself (and others who wants it) by adding this "knowledge" to a spreadsheet, to make sure I went with the right player for a line (if I want to make the most out of the line chemistry sometime). But I'm sorry to say the player preferences seems completely random.

I'm disappointed! Most players I've checked have felt reasonably accurate. But if I create another franchise with the same team and things can be completely different... it kind of ruins the whole point.

Imagine a Boston franchise where the coach wants a to have a d-man that blocks shots on third pair, and you get a Chara that on this particular franchise doesn't like to block shots. I mean, of course he would block shots, but it's rather stupid if you get negative line chemistry because you were unlucky.

It will basically create a likely mulligan routine when creating a franchise. If you're not pleased with a coach or a key player has weird priorities... delete the franchise and create a new one, and hope that it is better.
  • Tobbish wrote: »
    I've looked into the player preferences when it comes to strategies. You'd think those are fixed to what a player prefer (or at least seem to prefer), but no!

Two franchises with Colorado, and this was Gabriel Landeskog's preferences...

First time / Second time

Balanced / Balanced
    Cycle / Balanced
    Balanced / Efficient
    Balanced / Don't Block

I was planning on making things easier for myself (and others who wants it) by adding this "knowledge" to a spreadsheet, to make sure I went with the right player for a line (if I want to make the most out of the line chemistry sometime). But I'm sorry to say the player preferences seems completely random.

I'm disappointed! Most players I've checked have felt reasonably accurate. But if I create another franchise with the same team and things can be completely different... it kind of ruins the whole point.

Imagine a Boston franchise where the coach wants a to have a d-man that blocks shots on third pair, and you get a Chara that on this particular franchise doesn't like to block shots. I mean, of course he would block shots, but it's rather stupid if you get negative line chemistry because you were unlucky.

It will basically create a likely mulligan routine when creating a franchise. If you're not pleased with a coach or a key player has weird priorities... delete the franchise and create a new one, and hope that it is better.

yea. pretty annoying.

ive edited players to change their player type and position for a slight chem boost ive found playmaker, two way, sniper works to add a little bit, playing a wing on his off side hurts so ive switched a couple LW to RW and vice versa.

I did a create the 32nd franchise and i simmed the first two years, im in too deep to delete and start over. Its kinda absurd that JACK HUGHES (franchise tag) and 91 overall prefers to play on line two over line one. so stupid.

you on xbox or ps4?

PS4