EA Forums - Banner

Please get rid of the threes mode in drop in and club

Xx87Penguins71xX
10 posts Member
edited September 2019
Nhl 12 13 14 15 16 17 didn't have stupid threes mode why now. bring back drop in lobbys Atlantic central Pacific lobbys.club practice legend 3 custom attributes for the next game. Like why get rid of that good stuff from past games why?

[Socair - edited for inappropriate comment]

Replies

• FerdaSchultzy
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I like 3's. 6's can be a big cluster, if EA gave me 6's on Olympic sized ice I'd play it more but as of now 3's is what I play most often, and I hope it's never removed.
  • So you dislike 3s and offer zero reason why they should get rid of it yet because you don't like it, it should be gone? lol
  • My reason would be that I don't like splintering the player base into 8 lobbies. It won't happen but I would love it to just be 6's drop/club and hut/vs. I get tired of 6's lobbies never filling up these past 2 years.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Since they changed the skating in NHL 13, playing 6's is like bumper cars.

3's was the best thing they have done to this game in years, open ice, space to skate, set up plays, make good passes and one timers, etc. NOT BUMPER CARS!!
  • "I get tired of 6's lobbies never filling up these past 2 years. "

That's because 6's is horrible, no room on the ice at all due to the skating momentum, no agility, etc. you run out of space so the game evolved into throwing pucks on net from everywhere before you turn it over, no control, no ability to maintain long cycles and set up pass plays with teammates, etc.

Go back to NHL 12 and earlier it was not like that, 6's thrived because the ice felt bigger because you had more control over your skaters agility and actions.
  • GramerProfesur
    561 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    No thanks.. drop in and club are bare as it is. Those players like myself who play a lot of 3s will just stop playing online, switch offline only, or not play at all. As it is offline is better now anyways

The solution you’re looking for is to have a better team searching tool to find clubs that play with lots of people + 2 dressing rooms. You have to go through multiple screens to find clubs that are public only and half the time they are old clubs not playing anymore. No one talks in game chat anymore in drop ins so it’s pretty difficult finding a club even if you’re a pretty good player, unless you have friends in real life that play NHL. In the states that can be difficult
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    "I get tired of 6's lobbies never filling up these past 2 years. "

That's because 6's is horrible, no room on the ice at all due to the skating momentum, no agility, etc. you run out of space so the game evolved into throwing pucks on net from everywhere before you turn it over, no control, no ability to maintain long cycles and set up pass plays with teammates, etc.

Go back to NHL 12 and earlier it was not like that, 6's thrived because the ice felt bigger because you had more control over your skaters agility and actions.

It sounds like you just need to play with some guys you have chemistry with. A team that plays well together isn't going to be bumping into each other all game long. Cycling is most definitely possible and the higher skilled teams use it frequently.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    "I get tired of 6's lobbies never filling up these past 2 years. "

It sounds like you just need to play with some guys you have chemistry with. A team that plays well together isn't going to be bumping into each other all game long. Cycling is most definitely possible and the higher skilled teams use it frequently.

LOL.

I like how you say "cycling is possible" in a team game. Notice how you didn't say that it is mandatory to have success.

Your response is basically just confirming that this game works perfectly fine if you want to be a one-man show in a team based game.

"Cycling is possible..." LOL. Don't take this personally as I am not aiming anything at you. I am just extremely disappointed at the decisions being made over in Vancouver.
  • "It sounds like you just need to play with some guys you have chemistry with. A team that plays well together isn't going to be bumping into each other all game long. Cycling is most definitely possible and the higher skilled teams use it frequently. "

NHL 09 thru NHL 12 that's all we did was cycle, NHL 13 and beyond it's bumper cars and turn overs, to say it's possible is true, but we aren't talking about possible, we are talking about consistency in which there is none.

And top teams cycling is not what I see, I see top teams doing a lot of skate to a defender, loop back around turning their backs, make a pass and take a shot then get rebounds in order to maintain time on attack.