EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Nikita Gusev

Prev1
Why isn't Nikita Gusev on the New Jersey Devils roster???

Replies

  • Why isn't Nikita Gusev on the New Jersey Devils roster???

    He hasn't played an NHL game yet. Give it a little time.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • That has nothing to do with anything. Lots of players haven't played a single game yet and they are on their rosters. Let's go EA. Gusev is a big deal for the Devils. Absolutely makes the 2nd line this season.
  • It has everything to do with everything. He hasnt played a game yet outside of the KHL, a league the NHL and NHLPA do not have rights to.
  • Why isn't Nikita Gusev on the New Jersey Devils roster???

    He hasn't played an NHL game yet. Give it a little time.

    Jack Hughes did also play no NHL game and is added to the Roster ?

  • Froommey wrote: »
    Why isn't Nikita Gusev on the New Jersey Devils roster???

    He hasn't played an NHL game yet. Give it a little time.

    Jack Hughes did also play no NHL game and is added to the Roster ?

    Idk why. To be honest.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Froommey wrote: »
    Why isn't Nikita Gusev on the New Jersey Devils roster???

    He hasn't played an NHL game yet. Give it a little time.

    Jack Hughes did also play no NHL game and is added to the Roster ?

    Idk why. To be honest.

    Therefore you need to ask EA. They should know.
  • snitchpicnic
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Froommey wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    Why isn't Nikita Gusev on the New Jersey Devils roster???

    He hasn't played an NHL game yet. Give it a little time.

    Jack Hughes did also play no NHL game and is added to the Roster ?

    Idk why. To be honest.

    Therefore you need to ask EA. They should know.

    I'm pretty sure it has to do with the junior/farm team unions having licensing deals with EA and the KHL doesn't? Just a guess.
  • He signed a entry level contract with the golden knights during on april 14th 2019. So he was technically on the roster. No excuses. EA dropped the ball on him.
  • Jworlock31 wrote: »
    He signed a entry level contract with the golden knights during on april 14th 2019. So he was technically on the roster. No excuses. EA dropped the ball on him.

    He is not the only one who signed an entry level contract and isn't in yet

  • Doesn't matter when he signed the ELC, he still has to play his first NHL game. Some other players are in the game because they played in the CHL but since this kid is coming over from Russia it is different.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Doesn't matter when he signed the ELC, he still has to play his first NHL game. Some other players are in the game because they played in the CHL but since this kid is coming over from Russia it is different.

    That's not true. Jack Hughes has an ELC and did not play one game for the Devils whether was a member of an CHL Team. Played last year in the USHL League. He is in the game.
  • asullvn
    1 posts New member
    edited September 2019
    Gusev played preseason on 9/16 and last night, yet still isn’t in the latest roster update. Preseason doesn’t count? Seriously what is this. It’s crap, he’s on the ice w the Devils, put him in the damn update.

    [Socair - edited swear filter; please don’t use profanity short hand]
  • Hughes may have been put in because they contacted him for the rights to put him in because he was the 1st overall pick. It all has to do with licensing and legalities so if you are upset that he isn't there, it's kind of too bad for you. They have to be very careful on using a player that they are not allowed to do. Just a guess on Hughes but I know other sports games like MLB the Show reached out to Otani the same way because he was so popular. I'm sure it's the same way. The NHL Season hasn't even started yet and the rosters are always junk for a while so I wouldn't be shocked if you don't see him until a couple of weeks after the season starts.
  • Here we go AGAIN.

    Every year it’s the same thing. Where’s this guy? Where’s that guy? Does no one read these forums or know the law? There are legal issues behind a players rights being used in a video game. I’m fully behind EA on this one. It stinks, but it’s the law.

    I understand the rules of the PHPA. I have for years. I know full well that many prospects, CHL players and guys coming over from Russia won’t be in the game at first. That’s why I always do a fantasy draft with the default rosters to hold me over until a semi-decent roster is released by EA. Unfortunately, that doesn’t usually happen until the trade deadline!
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This is why I call it bad merchandising strategy. I would release the game not before mid November. NHL Fans at this date are hungry cause real season is under way and also could present a final good Roster with all Players in.
  • Hockey season starts in Oct so not sure why we get a release in September. The extra month could give the devs more time to fix things.
  • ThomasN7 wrote: »
    Hockey season starts in Oct so not sure why we get a release in September. The extra month could give the devs more time to fix things.

    Not sure how that even makes sense. They still have the same amount of development time. They release the same time every year
  • ThomasN7 wrote: »
    Hockey season starts in Oct so not sure why we get a release in September. The extra month could give the devs more time to fix things.

    Not sure how that even makes sense. They still have the same amount of development time. They release the same time every year

    From my meaning sales will grow. Cause real NHL season just started with about bit more than 10 games so people are more hot and ready for Hockey in mid Nov. than at mid Sep. Finally Rosters are ready so guys like Gusev and other would be in.
  • rabid55wolverine
    214 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Froommey wrote: »
    ThomasN7 wrote: »
    Hockey season starts in Oct so not sure why we get a release in September. The extra month could give the devs more time to fix things.

    Not sure how that even makes sense. They still have the same amount of development time. They release the same time every year

    From my meaning sales will grow. Cause real NHL season just started with about bit more than 10 games so people are more hot and ready for Hockey in mid Nov. than at mid Sep. Finally Rosters are ready so guys like Gusev and other would be in.

    You think that people will be more into hockey because it's in October? I'm pumped for hockey right when they start coming to camp. Maybe there would be more people but I seriously doubt it. The game swells when Xmas and sales happen. The core buy early, no matter the time.
  • Yes think so. How can I rate the Players in the game if they don't play any game in real. For me not intressting to play any game before the mid, end Rosters in Nov. Many Players not in the game due rights till this date
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!