EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 gameplay Complaints/Suggestions/Improvements

13Next

Replies

• > @CheapTent84 said:
    > Has anyone else noticed these two things i've come across playing against the AI
    >
    > I'm finding my own AI is taking penalties and putting me down 2 times a game at least. Possibly 3. At first I thought I was doing something wrong until I started watching the replays and sure enough my AI teammate is hooking or tripping the computer AI team.
    >
    > I almost take no penalties, mainly because using any defense tactic sends you to the box 9/10 times if not perfectly executed.
    >
    > And its not like I'm putting the AI in that position. Its a way from the play which is the funny part.
    >
    > The second thing I"m starting to see is disallowed goals from my players screening the goalie but they never make contact.
    >
    > I've watched the replay and the player just passes in front a while a shot is being taken and its immediately waved off.
    >
    > Find it weird. Also, if you put that in the game, dont make it automatic. Its stupid, cheap, and just skip the replay. Point of a disallowed goal is the suspense of a call being over turned. Very first year they put this in back in 98-99 or close to that did, now its just an automatic

Yes, this problem is since NHL 2019. AI gamplay is broken and AI take stupid penalties just because... you need take penalty for every game.

Since 2019 im not playing any (like 2000 games) games without penalty, not any. And every time this is AI penalty, not my fault. (playing be a pro but i think its very same than other games against AI).
  • I like alot of this game. The pass interceptions are nuts.. the hitting sucks.. the scoreboard at the bottom might be worst thing about the game. Why do we have these "highlights" alllllll the time.

Id love to see:
    - checking improved(bigger hits)
    - checking after whistle brought back
    - remove bottom scoreboard or option too
    - lower pass interceptions
    - improve the rebound goals
    - remove the before game/after period highlights
  • Greyinsi
    139 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    – Fix the goalies, they were better in beta. Now they don't have a clue where the puck is most of the time.
    – Lower pass interception in middle of ice, but up them in crease. Seems like pass interceptions are always overide by offence shot animation. (like in the video).
    – Fix puck pickups in crease area, seems like offence is heavily favored here. (like in the video)
    – Fix clipping, if goalie is in front of the puck you should be never allowed to tip puck in goal.
    – Lower the game speed. It now resembles more of a ping pong on ice than ice hockey. Its just way too fast.
    – Up the smaller bumps, now they are non-existent.
    – Up the time to recover from hits. If i lay someone to ice, he shouldn't never be faster to recover from hit and taking possession of puck, than me recovering from hitting animation.
    – The LT crap, fix it.
    [Socair - edited swear filter]

Post edited by Socair on
  • Swee9LoU84 wrote: »
    KOSisKing wrote: »
    Honestly, one of my biggest pet peeves is that the game doesn't stay open/connected when you open another app. For example, I used to be able to ready up with the boys, and while we are searching I'd get my Spotify set up. Now if you open anything else the game shuts down--this seems like a small thing but it's a basic function that every other game has....it works in 19, no reason it wouldn't in 30?

That's only for the trial. It works now that game is released

How about losing connection for opening a saved replay lol.

That's been a thing for at least a few years, that I've noticed.
  • Just fix drops already.... it's an advantage to have your teammates drop out of the game and have a full team of computers. why is it an advantage to lose in the early game? you go up 3 or 4 goals, everyone quits on the other side, computers take over the game and you lose 17 CR. Sick game....
  • Slider glitch is back :(
  • Please, for the love of god get rid of having to stay and watch a replay at the end of HUT games. Win or lose i dont want to be forced to watch anything, its brutal. Get rid of it.
  • booher04 wrote: »
    Id love to see:

I'd like to address your comments line by line.

1 - the checking, if anything, is too powerful. It's too easy to really unload on a player. And suction /warping checking needs to be entirely removed. The fact you want hitting to be more powerful boggles my mind. Either you don't know how to hit, or you just want arcade hockey
    2 - Checking after the whistle still exists, albeit previous iterations of this game this post whistle action lasted longer. I am fine with post whistle actions, but call penalties. If someone wants to cross the line, let them serve time in the box.
    3 - Agreed. There should be an option to have the top left scoreboard instead. Bottom scoreboard takes up precious real estate.
    4 - Lowering Pass Interceptions is not the solution; how interceptions happen is what needs to be addressed. Interceptions were too low in 19, but now in 20, you can intercept passes with your back to the play as if you have eyes on the back of your head. Sauce passes are knocked down-- and not JUST knocked down, but also immediate possession--with far too much frequency.
    5 - What do you mean by "improve rebound goals"? One of the best things about 20 is that rebound goals aren't a game exploit anymore. The goalie realistically steers more pucks to the corner, out into the crowd, and in general gives up less juicy rebounds. If you score a rebound in 20, it doesn't feel like cheese. This is good.
    6 - I don't mind the replays, and usually you're only forced to watch the first one. More of a presentation thing that doesn't impact gameplay. They have other things they should focus on.

• Pengman wrote: »
    booher04 wrote: »
    Id love to see:

1 - the checking, if anything, is too powerful. It's too easy to really unload on a player. And suction /warping checking needs to be entirely removed. The fact you want hitting to be more powerful boggles my mind. Either you don't know how to hit, or you just want arcade hockey
    2 - Checking after the whistle still exists, albeit previous iterations of this game this post whistle action lasted longer. I am fine with post whistle actions, but call penalties. If someone wants to cross the line, let them serve time in the box.
    3 - Agreed. There should be an option to have the top left scoreboard instead. Bottom scoreboard takes up precious real estate.
    4 - Lowering Pass Interceptions is not the solution; how interceptions happen is what needs to be addressed. Interceptions were too low in 19, but now in 20, you can intercept passes with your back to the play as if you have eyes on the back of your head. Sauce passes are knocked down-- and not JUST knocked down, but also immediate possession--with far too much frequency.
    5 - What do you mean by "improve rebound goals"? One of the best things about 20 is that rebound goals aren't a game exploit anymore. The goalie realistically steers more pucks to the corner, out into the crowd, and in general gives up less juicy rebounds. If you score a rebound in 20, it doesn't feel like cheese. This is good.
    6 - I don't mind the replays, and usually you're only forced to watch the first one. More of a presentation thing that doesn't impact gameplay. They have other things they should focus on.

good responses to all except the hitting, Hitting is bad right now
  • Swee9LoU84 wrote: »
    Pengman wrote: »
    booher04 wrote: »
    Id love to see:

good responses to all except the hitting, Hitting is bad right now

Yeah hitting is awful
  • I'm noticing goalies having difficulty covering up the pucks now, and I've seen some strange phantom interference calls around the net when the puck is in that odd state where the goalie can't seem to cover it. A stick lift when the puck is under the goalie should not result in an interference penalty.
  • Hitting is the best it's been, no more laying people out or into the boards for a penalty every single time. Also don't cater to these EASHL people.

#1: Fix the Super Slo-Mo replay so it's remains Slo-Mo throughout the rest of the replay and no longer zips back to a faster than normal speed. You finally did something right with the replays, you're 90% the way there.

#2: Interceptions of the puck are completely broken in this game and I don't mean the amount. I'm talking about how almost every interception (including shooting it down the ice to try and clear) results in whatever stick it touches it completely stops and stays on that stick. The puck goes from motion to stationary at an impossible speed now, and we no longer get glancing/richochetting pucks off sticks.
  • Elite49 wrote: »
    Hitting is the best it's been, no more laying people out or into the boards for a penalty every single time. Also don't cater to these EASHL people.

#1: Fix the Super Slo-Mo replay so it's remains Slo-Mo throughout the rest of the replay and no longer zips back to a faster than normal speed. You finally did something right with the replays, you're 90% the way there.

#2: Interceptions of the puck are completely broken in this game and I don't mean the amount. I'm talking about how almost every interception (including shooting it down the ice to try and clear) results in whatever stick it touches it completely stops and stays on that stick. The puck goes from motion to stationary at an impossible speed now, and we no longer get glancing/richochetting pucks off sticks.

Hitting needs to be fixed. No where did anyone mention hits need to lead to more penalties, not exactly sure where you drew that assumption. But no, hitting is not good where it's at. The slow mo replays virtually everyone actually wants eliminated, you're actually the first person that wants it even slower. I agree on the interceptions, the interceptions are insane.
  • only 1 thing needs to be changed. BRING BACK THE "OP" POKECHECK!!!!!!! These clowns that just skating around the perimeter backwards until you jump at them or trip them is a joke. Defense should have the upper hand. Smart passing and strong defense should win games not who is the best at exploiting flaws in the game. OK two things. straight remove the stupid one hand tuck. Again button combos and selfish play shouldnt be rewarded over vision and passing.
  • Fix the goal reviews!!!! They're batting like a 80% wrong calls!!!!
  • I was playing squad battles and when the first period was done, the game said “waiting for all users to resume” even though I was the only one playing. It said EA was having a problem and it kicked me from the game, and when I went back to HUT, it gave me a 3-0 loss and no battle points😡
  • ilovepasta88bost
    1 posts New member
    edited May 2020
    This game has been bad for so long, the cpu in eashl makes terrible decisions and cannot make good passes. It's annoying, the goaltenders can not make saves when it matters especially with shots that would never actually go it.

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Socair
    2811 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed. Please don’t necropost.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.