EA Forums - Banner

HUT 20 wash, rinse, repeat

jake19ny
688 posts Member
edited September 2019
Wow. HUT still plays exactly the same.
Once again skill and player ratings are second to the randomness of the AI.

A 77 player plays identical to 87.

AI still wanders so it’s a game of who can rag the puck longer until your opponents AI dman wanders away for the easy pass and one timer goal.

Playing solid defense is once again not rewarded because keeping your opponent out of your end and only allowing 4-5 shots still sees at least 3 go in and they are the lamest goals you will ever see.

Speaking of goalies so much for improved goalies and saves....I still see the same awful angles and nonsense. Gave up a goal on a soft back hander from the face off circle because my goalie went down super early and slid out of the net in the opposite direction the puck was headed. Gave up another on a shot from the boards that hit my goalie and fell over his shoulder slowly rolling into the net while my goalie stood there motionless. Scored a goal on a point shot where my opponents goalie dropped to his knees and slid backward into the net holding that position while the puck slowly trickled in. Embarrassing

Wash, rinse, repeat.....have fun

Replies

• I'm enjoying game so far think look more better then last year. For me definitely an improvement over last year's hut
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Actually something is different....goalies are pathetically worse. What a joke. Their movements, angles, and positioning are very unrealistic. The ability to play defense is also worse.

This is an embarrassing arcade north south game and is a who gets lucky experience. You don’t actually play your opponent as much as you fight the horrific teammate AI.
    Post edited by jake19ny on
  • yea at least this year, everything goes in. not just one or two types of glitch goals. toe drag, yep in the net, one timer yep, backhand forehand yep, and slappers oh my.

the more time you spend in your opponents area the better the chance of you winning this year.

granted i only have a handful of online games completed, but i like the cheese is everything vs just one thing.
  • Goalie threat analysis you say it's a joke I say , checking who needs checking there is no checking in EA hockey.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Goalie threat analysis you say it's a joke I say , checking who needs checking there is no checking in EA hockey.

This is 100% right as well. This game has abandoned anything that would resemble real hockey. No board play, no neutral zone play, no defensive awareness by AI (they just wander), no positional awareness by goalies (online ratings are meaningless it’s just random), and very little player separation. EAs representation of NHL hockey or hockey in general is a poor representation at that. It’s simply a North and South game that resembles 5 man pong. I would welcome any input the Devs have on this and would gladly ask specific questions about things that I believe would clear many grievances up if they would be willing to answer....and the Devs do a great a job of trying to accommodate all questions I hope they will entertain mine on some specific things we see.
    Post edited by jake19ny on