EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Human Goalies New Puck Covering System

Its really horrid... very unresponsive and wonky.. this needs to be tuned or Patched ASAP.. Also goalies are not squaring up to the shooters who are in corners very well as well

Replies

• Its really horrid... very unresponsive and wonky.. this needs to be tuned or Patched ASAP.. Also goalies are not squaring up to the shooters who are in corners very well as well

10000000000000000000000000x yes to this crap. The goalie not squaring up is costing lots of goals. Goalie just isn't fun at all. I think they are worse than NHL 19 goalies for humans in World of Chel.

• It's just awful, all around. All they care about is scoring and goalies get screwed every year. It's just such a joke but I've grown to not expect anything less from this dev team. They should be embarrassed for how little work and effort they give goalies. But, as long as the forwards are happy, they're happy too.
  • Really frustrating when a puck is just below me and I go to " hold triangle" for my goalie not go and grab the puck
  • dr_shooter wrote: »
    It's just awful, all around. All they care about is scoring and goalies get screwed every year. It's just such a joke but I've grown to not expect anything less from this dev team. They should be embarrassed for how little work and effort they give goalies. But, as long as the forwards are happy, they're happy too.

I'd be happy if it played like 19 but as it sits right now goals are going in that should be saved or covered up
  • @VeNOM2099 would not be pleased about the goalie situation as it sits....
  • dr_shooter
    35 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    That's what the devs want though...goals... Tonight in EASHL, in one game, I had 3 goals bounce off of me, two hit me square in the chest, and one hit me in my knees while in butterfly, and all 3 bounce off of me and go in. It's just absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen a company cater to one part of their paying customers like they do with forwards in EASHL/OTP, and totally give as little effort as possible to their other paying customers, as they do with human goalies.

It's such a joke at this point
  • That's to be expected with a yearly release when they try to change a bunch of stuff that not many people seem to ask for. DRE stood for almost all of last year with not a single comment if it is fixed or not.

When you spend your time trying to reinvent what was working fine, don't see how you are supposed to find the time to fix things that are actually broken.
  • That's to be expected with a yearly release when they try to change a bunch of stuff that not many people seem to ask for. DRE stood for almost all of last year with not a single comment if it is fixed or not.

When you spend your time trying to reinvent what was working fine, don't see how you are supposed to find the time to fix things that are actually broken.

Well matchmaking seems fine now no real big issues, but goalies are terrible at this point, The covering system was a problem in the beta as well, but its really bad now

Well matchmaking seems fine now no real big issues, but goalies are terrible at this point, The covering system was a problem in the beta as well, but its really bad now

I remember in the Beta 99% of the time I couldn't cover the puck. It would just sit there and your goalie would move his shoulders or something like that, but wouldn't hunch over. AI seemed to have the same issue, but looked less frequent.
  • deadman9999
    875 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    hmmmmmmmmm

I remember in the Beta 99% of the time I couldn't cover the puck. It would just sit there and your goalie would move his shoulders or something like that, but wouldn't hunch over. AI seemed to have the same issue, but looked less frequent.

I tried both Manual and Auto Cover ups, Manual was even worse
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    That's to be expected with a yearly release when they try to change a bunch of stuff that not many people seem to ask for. DRE stood for almost all of last year with not a single comment if it is fixed or not.

Yea forgot to mention I always set coverups to manual and sweeps are off.

You can see the animation wants to trigger, at least in the Beta. Goalie would spazz his shoulders or whatever, but would not do the full animation and cover up the puck. If you spam triangle you see your goalie twitch every button press.
    Since the AI also had issues, I would assume auto coverups will not be a temporary solution. It needs to be fixed, no question about it.
  • deadman9999
    875 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    That's to be expected with a yearly release when they try to change a bunch of stuff that not many people seem to ask for. DRE stood for almost all of last year with not a single comment if it is fixed or not.

Yea forgot to mention I always set coverups to manual and sweeps are off.

You can see the animation wants to trigger, at least in the Beta. Goalie would spazz his shoulders or whatever, but would not do the full animation and cover up the puck. If you spam triangle you see your goalie twitch every button press.
    Since the AI also had issues, I would assume auto coverups will not be a temporary solution. It needs to be fixed, no question about it.

Its very disheartening that EA has a good goalie as a Game Changer https://twitter.com/eashlgoalie and this is the treatment we got for launch
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    @VeNOM2099 would not be pleased about the goalie situation as it sits....

I actually don't care. For the very good reason that I'm not playing this game anymore. Played my last game in July, quit LG and deleted the game forever.

I gave them a chance. Waited for years. Gave them my feedback, gave Ben my feedback on what the problems with the goalies are. If they can't or won't address it, then fine. I have moved on. I'm not even gonna play the trial. I played enough in the BETA to see that NOTHING really change. I've seen enough already to know what i'd be dealing with if I was playing NHL 20, which is to say more frustration. After going through so much of it from NHL 16 to NHL 19, I think I'm done...

But I've been saying for a long, long time now that the problem with the goalies in EA's NHL was never about things like reactions, or angles, or animations or even "threat assessment". The problem with the goalies is this team's philosophy about the position. Until they change their way of seeing how the goalies actually work in a hockey game, nothing will ever change.

A goalie's job is to stop pucks. Period. In this game a goalie's job is reduced to being nothing more than a glorified door stop with a bunch of holes in it. Whether you are in good position or not, you'll give up goals. Nothing you can do about it; no amount of skill or knowledge will help you. Maybe you get lucky one game and everything goes your way, you get (mostly) the correct animations and some fortuitous decisions that help you pull one for your team. At least in NHL 14, if you were in front of the puck, you'd make the save. And even though it was highly unrealistic the way goalies would move around like they were on a magic carpet, at least you had the mobility to quickly move around your crease and make saves. Nowadays, you make one save and then you're stuck in recovery animation while the opponent gets a nice juicy rebound in front of an empty net. Or you just plain get frozen in a save animation because one of your teammates or an opponent slammed into you... That's something that's been in the game for how many years now, but hasn't been fixed?

But more often than not the goalie has absolute ZERO to do with a team's success or failures. Too many times I've seen great human goalies get absolutely destroyed in nets because the players in front of him don't know how to play basic defense or have a selfish offense style. On the flip side, I've seen terrible goalies not even give up ONE goal because the players in front of him limited the chances he saw or outright shut down the other team.

And don't even get me started on the "improved" AI goalies...

Hey, but at least EA's mantra is still well and alive: "Goalies gotta get sniped sometimes."