EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Goalie issues

Some things that need to fixed.

The down low five hole shot. I can’t gelieve how easy it is to score this way. Goalies never react to this shot.

The covers are hit or miss for goalies. Some times the goalie sits there in butterfly and looks like it has it covered but whistle never gets blown.

Goalies don’t react when the players get close to the goalie. No animation.

I wouldn’t call this game good at the moment. Too many things that are broken. We are all just used to the 19. Which was terrible. The game is an improvement but not by much.

Replies

• jonlolol
    151 posts Game Changer
    Manually butterfly when they are in close. Don't rely on auto-butterfly this year. Goalies should be dropping to butterfly after a certain point. If a pass gets off or they skate around you, your defense is at fault. This year there is more required skill out of the human controlling the goalie – this will take some getting used to as in 19 it was very easy to stand still and rely on auto saves.

Covers are being looked at closely by the devs and hopefully we'll see a fix at some point.
  • This year is by far a huge improvement over goalies then last year. EA is really giving guys more control compared to 19. Auto butterfly isn’t really a thing anymore. In close shots, point shots is when you should manual butterfly. It creates that skill gap between goalies just standing there letting EA do the work vs a goalie playing his position and getting screwed by an auto animation. Just gotta work at it.
  • jonlolol wrote: »
    Manually butterfly when they are in close. Don't rely on auto-butterfly this year. Goalies should be dropping to butterfly after a certain point. If a pass gets off or they skate around you, your defense is at fault. This year there is more required skill out of the human controlling the goalie – this will take some getting used to as in 19 it was very easy to stand still and rely on auto saves.

Covers are being looked at closely by the devs and hopefully we'll see a fix at some point.

How would this work though for top shelf shots? Is it easier to make that save if you are not butterflying and thus grant an advantage that your are standing? Or is it just a one way street where you need to be down when the puck is close to the net?
  • Kingpn69
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ok let’s get real. They should just set the setting as 100% stoppage and work their way backwards.

Stop the slide in from side snipe, cheap behind redline shots to score and the big S in the middle goal.

I don’t know if this is a solution but can’t they program it to not score on the same goal twice in a game? This would cause people to be more creative no?
  • Mr King they had good goalies at the start of 19 but the elite streamers complained that it was to hard to score the same goals over and over again so even though you make sense I doubt that would happen