EA Forums - Banner

One timer accuracy, AI's being gods

Anyone else experiencing this? AI were balanced enough on 19, this year.. in a drop, games over if you et a few AI's in there.

Also, i have noticed a lot of one timers being aimed to the opposite side of the aim frequently. At least 50% of the time it will go nowhere near where it was aimed.

Replies

• rsandersr47
    158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I've noticed both of these things. I will say that for the 1t it helps to hold the direction you want it aimed overly extra vs 19. Still, sometimes it goes in an obscure direction.

CPU's are on another level! I've mostly been playing threes as my friends are still deciding if they're gonna pick this one up. A lot are leaning toward no after hearing about it so far. There is a computer on 90% of the teams you will play in threes. They can pick off any pass, shoots better than a sniper, hits like an enforcer, makes perfect reads for loose pucks, wins 80% of puck battles, makes any pass they send, and now they make a lot less mistakes. Having a cpu on your team is probably better than having the BEST player in the world on your team. If it's a mascot it's even worse because then they have a bigger reach than a maxed out enforcer..

NHL likes to copy from 2k so why have amazing CPU's??? How does it make any sense to have people WANTING to play with CPU players? If you play with a cpu in 2k he will be bad. This makes people ask their friends to get 2k if they wanna form a proam team, it creates less crap and prob easier on servers.

From players to developers to servers I see NO reason to make CPU so ungodly good. It's infuriating dealing with them. We have to play so good to beat a team who is not as good but helped by a cpu. We've won quite a few championships but we've lost due to a cpu making all of a teams goals and also shutting us down on offense. It's getting to the point where one of us either has to not play or has to hold the CPU back so we can play 2v2.

Someone tell me why this makes sense!

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I've noticed both of these things. I will say that for the 1t it helps to hold the direction you want it aimed overly extra vs 19. Still, sometimes it goes in an obscure direction.

CPU's are on another level! I've mostly been playing threes as my friends are still deciding if they're gonna pick this one up. A lot are leaning toward no after hearing about it so far. There is a computer on 90% of the teams you will play in threes. They can pick off any pass, shoots better than a sniper, hits like an enforcer, makes perfect reads for loose pucks, wins 80% of puck battles, makes any pass they send, and now they make a lot less mistakes. Having a cpu on your team is probably better than having the BEST player in the world on your team. If it's a mascot it's even worse because then they have a bigger reach than a maxed out enforcer..

NHL likes to copy from 2k so why have amazing CPU's??? How does it make any sense to have people WANTING to play with CPU players? If you play with a cpu in 2k he will be bad. This makes people ask their friends to get 2k if they wanna form a proam team, it creates less crap and prob easier on servers.

From players to developers to servers I see NO reason to make CPU so ungodly good. It's infuriating dealing with them. We have to play so good to beat a team who is not as good but helped by a cpu. We've won quite a few championships but we've lost due to a cpu making all of a teams goals and also shutting us down on offense. It's getting to the point where one of us either has to not play or has to hold the CPU back so we can play 2v2.

Someone tell me why this makes sense!

[Socair - edited swear filter]

I have probably played 40 games of 6v6 drop in now. I have lost around 8 or so. Of that, 6 or 7 of those have been teams in which all three forwards are AI's. It is so incredibly difficult for a competent group of players to move the puck in that scenario, let alone below average players attempting to do that. It needs to be addressed.

The one t's are not a HUGE issue, just an annoyance that occasionally seems to happen. Two or three times I game I will see a shot that I can tell was one of the falsely aimed shots.

Here's to hoping things get fixed so we can enjoy the positives of the game (i.e. not swinging and missing on the 1 t's.)