EA Forums - Banner

In game momentum

I refuse to believe it's not real, even the highlights of the period now highlight plays and call them "momentum shifts".
So EA can you please give a detailed tutorial, or something outlining how this ice tilt feature works, please include more than just make a big hit or score a goal to play off and avoid the question.

If your gonna include a programed in momentum/intimidation effect the least you can do is explain exactly how it works. Tell us with specific details how to tell when your team has or is going against the momentum, and exactly, I repeat exactly, how to counter it. Im convinced the top players know all about it and exactly how to manipulate it to get all the "random" bounces and that it plays a huge role in puck control and speed.

Replies

• rogers2487 wrote: »
    I refuse to believe it's not real, even the highlights of the period now highlight plays and call them "momentum shifts".
    So EA can you please give a detailed tutorial, or something outlining how this ice tilt feature works, please include more than just make a big hit or score a goal to play off and avoid the question.

If your gonna include a programed in momentum/intimidation effect the least you can do is explain exactly how it works. Tell us with specific details how to tell when your team has or is going against the momentum, and exactly, I repeat exactly, how to counter it. Im convinced the top players know all about it and exactly how to manipulate it to get all the "random" bounces and that it plays a huge role in puck control and speed.

Survive! Haha. You can usually tell when its about to happen. First you will lose a draw, then an obvious check. Computer will move into your zone with a 50/50 chance of either scoring or you end up taking a penalty. If somehow your goalie makes a save, hold it. Wait for the whistle.

That first 10 seconds of a period is a killer
  • EA must think that hockey is like the WWE sometimes
  • EA must think that hockey is like the WWE sometimes

The computer receives the hot tag and just gets massive momentum knocking everything out until you rake its eyes
  • So becides just praying they don't score, how do you counter it? Like I said im pretty convinced the top players know the ins and outs of the game and the programming and manipulate tgis mysterious in game handicap to their advantage
  • Steven5470
    355 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Good luck.

A game I recently played using position lock as Chicago going against Philadelphia.

I was up 5-1 in the 2nd. Passes were great...shots on cue, etc. My guys were flying all over the ice, game play was great.

Suddenly PHI scores...okay fine. 5-2. Then, they score 2 more in 5 mins to make it 5-4. There was nothing I could do to stop them.

My team suddenly could not pass accurate, shoot accurate, or even skate without being bumped and falling. Oh, and getting up was slow. My AI teammates lost a lot of IQ points because they would then pass into a crowd of players, mostly Philadelphia. Or, they would skate into the off zone, and pass behind them right to the Phil defense. Or skate across my own blue line, and then pass BACK into my def zone??

Passes to my teammates would suddenly bounce off their sticks quite frequently in the 2nd? Where did this come from?? And, I started hitting the post....A LOT! My player was right out front of the net alone and he missed the net??

Penalties....either the sliders mean a lot more this year or it's a glitch. I was literally running guys over like NHL Hitz, poke checking all over, and not one penalty called on either side.

I do believe sliders affect this game more this year, however, after playing a few more games, It's feeling like EA added a "momentum" to make the game more "arcade fun". I get teams will score, but suddenly my guys forgot how to play hockey??? C'mon EA.
    Post edited by Steven5470 on