EA Forums - Banner

Game is great! I LOVE it!

Best virtual hockey experience Ive ever played.

Keep it how it is EA! Dont nerf and patch everything for the pampered video gamers who whine because they lost a game for not understanding the fundamentals of hockey.

If anything, buff things....Keep it real, raw, authentic. Make it a challenge; an art to master. Make it an esport . But most importantly, keep it hockey.

Replies

• Translation: me good at one hand tuck please don’t change it
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Off line with sliders yes online ,well it's not what hockey is or the way it's played
  • Game is great offline except for the game speed glitch which is uber annoying.
  • Game is good.

Enjoy it till its tuned back to NHL 15/16/17/18/19 again.
    “If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe.” - Nikola Tesla

• Above1988 wrote: »

Keep it how it is EA! Dont nerf and patch everything for the pampered video gamers who whine because they lost a game for not understanding the fundamentals of hockey.

If anything, buff things....Keep it real, raw, authentic. Make it a challenge; an art to master. Make it an esport . But most importantly, keep it hockey.

You mean the game generally ? Or only the gameplay ?
  • My team all came back and said it's the best game in years...I thought they were trolling me but it's really good....I'm in shock.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Above1988 wrote: »

"Fundamentals" of hockey is up and down hockey, twitching with LT and back skating with the puck? Hmmm.... All these years no one's been doing it right in the NHL. Not even in the lower circuits.

All these players getting paid millions of dollars like Crosby, Ovechkin, Matthews, McDavid, looks like they never learned the fundamentals...

Obviously being sarcastic here (don't take it seriously). I mean, if you like the game, that's fine. No one should be telling you what to like or not. Just be honest.
  • Translation: me good at one hand tuck please don’t change it

Me LT master
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Above1988 wrote: »

"Fundamentals" of hockey is up and down hockey, twitching with LT and back skating with the puck? Hmmm.... All these years no one's been doing it right in the NHL. Not even in the lower circuits.

All these players getting paid millions of dollars like Crosby, Ovechkin, Matthews, McDavid, looks like they never learned the fundamentals...

Obviously being sarcastic here (don't take it seriously). I mean, if you like the game, that's fine. No one should be telling you what to like or not. Just be honest.

Its a video game dude...

You dont see soldiers firing 3 bullets and reloading every two seconds on battlefields because there are certain liberties we get to exploit in games.

All im saying is that for an Ice hockey video game this is the best ive ever played.
  • BassMan_PC
    355 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I got my copy today from an EA employee for $20 and I played 5 drop-in games (lobby rollover FTW). The gameplay is actually pretty good. It is the best it has been this gen. The main thing I noticed that needs tweaking are the pass interceptions with your back to the play. Those need to be toned down. I am sure there are other things that could use work, but that is what stood out to me the most during the few games I played.

My main issues have to do with presentation...

- Having to play drop-in on ODR with clown gear still sucks and is a terrible downgrade from the old format.

- The shadows are ridiculous and I can't even tell what is happening at times.

- The scoreboard is garbage. It is hard to quickly gather information from it. It just gets in the way and hides your player indicators when you are offscreen. Who thought this was a good idea? How does this pass QA? Also, you should be able to toggle it on and off during gameplay.

- Commentary is trash due to James Cybulski being so jacked all the time. It is very unnatural and has no flow. Again, how did the audio director/producer not realize this was not good enough? Did they just go with it becasue they had already committed to Cybulski and didn't have time to bring in someone else? Either way, it was a mistake.

- Music selection so far is probably the worst I have heard in an NHL game.

- The unskippable replays are annoying. The slow down replay gimmick is already getting old. What's next?... heartbeat on breakaways again?

- What's up with the limited camera views? Seriously... How many times do I have to see that stupid helicopter?

Anyway, those are my first impressions.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    I got my copy today from an EA employee for $20 and I played 5 drop-in games. The gameplay is actually pretty good. It is the best it has been this gen. The main thing I noticed that needs tweaking are the pass interceptions with your back to the play. Those need to be toned down. I am sure there are other things that could use work, but that is what stood out to me the most during the few games I played.

- Having to play drop-in on ODR with clown gear still sucks and is a terrible downgrade from the old format.

- The scoreboard is garbage. It is hard to quickly gather information from it. It just gets in the way and hides your player indicators when you are offscreen. Who thought this was a good idea? How does this pass QA? Also, you should be able to toggle it on and off during gameplay.

- Commentary is trash due to James Cybulski being so jacked all the time. It is very unnatural and has no flow. Again, how did the audio director/producer not realize this was not good enough? Did they just go with it becasue they had already committed to Cybulski and didn't have time to bring in someone else? Either way, it was a mistake.

- The unskippable replays are annoying. The slow down replay gimmick is already getting old. What's next?... heartbeat on breakaways again?

- What's up with the limited camera views? Seriously... How many times do I have to see that stupid helicopter?

Nice long rant about cosmetics.
    How was the gameplay?

The shadows are stupid.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    I got my copy today from an EA employee for $20 and I played 5 drop-in games. The gameplay is actually pretty good. It is the best it has been this gen. The main thing I noticed that needs tweaking are the pass interceptions with your back to the play. Those need to be toned down. I am sure there are other things that could use work, but that is what stood out to me the most during the few games I played.

How was the gameplay?

The shadows are stupid.

I can't comment too much on gameplay as I haven't played enough, but it felt good and this is the most positive I have been about an NHL game in a long time. Skating felt good, shooting animations and connecting on plays is vastly improved, puck pickups were not an issue, poke checks and penalties seemed to be under control. The games I played had pretty good flow. It is much better than 19.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    BassMan_PC wrote: »

How was the gameplay?

The shadows are stupid.

I can't comment too much on gameplay as I haven't played enough, but it felt good and this is the most positive I have been about an NHL game in a long time. Skating felt good, shooting animations and connecting on plays is vastly improved, puck pickups were not an issue, poke checks and penalties seemed to be under control. The games I played had pretty good flow. It is much better than 19.

Check back in after a dozen games played. It’s a mess.