EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Things that need to be fixed ASAP

I really don't know if I've ever been this frustrated with an NHL game this close to release. Keep in mind when I'm making this list that I'm mainly speaking from an EASHL standpoint. For reference we're a top 50 team.

-Passes are intercepted way too easily and cleanly. It completely de-incentivizes cycling and team play. No, I'm not saying forced poor passes should go through but the way it was in 19 was fine for the most part.

-Why was manual saucer passing nerfed? Nobody asked for this change and it takes actual skill to pull it off with consistency.

-Defenseman have ZERO tools to make plays. Yes, poke checking has been improved to what it should have been last year. Congrats EA but that isn't good enough. What happened to defensive skill stick? Offensive players literally can skate into you and still keep the puck and they CONTINUOUSLY get it back when they lose it right away, it's quite frankly a joke.

-Playing human goalie is a joke. No clue what you guys did to the puck cover but it basically doesn't work. Lateral movement also feels slower for no reason other than to punish human goalies for actually anticipating cross creases. Why?

-On penalty shots players are getting whistled immediately after taking one stride for no reason at all. Did this even get play tested?

-The score board at the bottom of the screen is abysmal. You received copious feedback during the beta about this. It can't be that hard.

-Why is the LT backwards skating still a thing? Seriously what hockey fundamentals class did we take to learn that maneuver? This is an arcade game on a good day with this non-sense in the game.

-Defensive play and anticipation do not get rewarded in this game, period. Can't tell you how many times I've literally predicted out loud what the other player is going to do, counter it perfectly, and the game dis- allows me from making the proper play either because of RNG or because I literally don't have the tool necessary to make a play. Other teams get rewarded for standing around and being passive in the wrong situations while smart, assertive play is frowned upon. Why?

Again, we made it to the top 50 overall so it's not like we can't win. I just get tired of rolling my eyes and yelling about this nonsense that doesn't reward actually hockey skill.

Replies

• The game speed glitch in offline (play now mode).
  • phil7488
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Also. Why is it that when someone is preparing to shoot a one timer and it gets intercepted the would be receiving player still follows through with the shot animation? Why was this added? When I play defense and the puck gets picked off from a good distance my player still does the shot animation rendering him completely useless and allowing the other team to go the other way either odd man or on a break away. Its makes zero logical sense to have this in the game.
  • Things I would like to see:
    Remove that flashing PP logo. I feel like I'll have a seizure if it happens too much! Very poor design choice.

I haven't seen much variation with scoring and areas of scoring. In a lot of games, most goals seem to be scored on the goalies right side.

The CPU can still pick up the puck even after receiving a big hit! This has been an issue since the past version and obviously never addressed. If my player gets checked hard, he lays on the ice for a bit. The CPU jumps up and continues!

Commentary is repeated in the game. I heard the same line repeated like 4 times in one game.

Why can't we play 3's elimination offline??? Battle Royal??

Where is the "enhanced" presentation? Awhile I go I thought I saw the announcers describing an instant replay and there being graphics like a Madden football diagram. Right now, the replays are boring and don't show anything really.

CPU still mirrors your player. Skate with the puck with a defensive AI chasing you. Then, move right or left or quickly back and forth and they will mimic your moves! This was an issue, again, last year!

If I'm on position lock, why do I control every player in the shootout??? This was another issue mentioned years ago and EA ignored.

• phil7488 wrote: »
    I really don't know if I've ever been this frustrated with an NHL game this close to release. Keep in mind when I'm making this list that I'm mainly speaking from an EASHL standpoint. For reference we're a top 50 team.

-Passes are intercepted way too easily and cleanly. It completely de-incentivizes cycling and team play. No, I'm not saying forced poor passes should go through but the way it was in 19 was fine for the most part.

-Why was manual saucer passing nerfed? Nobody asked for this change and it takes actual skill to pull it off with consistency.

-Defenseman have ZERO tools to make plays. Yes, poke checking has been improved to what it should have been last year. Congrats EA but that isn't good enough. What happened to defensive skill stick? Offensive players literally can skate into you and still keep the puck and they CONTINUOUSLY get it back when they lose it right away, it's quite frankly a joke.

-Playing human goalie is a joke. No clue what you guys did to the puck cover but it basically doesn't work. Lateral movement also feels slower for no reason other than to punish human goalies for actually anticipating cross creases. Why?

-On penalty shots players are getting whistled immediately after taking one stride for no reason at all. Did this even get play tested?

-The score board at the bottom of the screen is abysmal. You received copious feedback during the beta about this. It can't be that hard.

-Why is the LT backwards skating still a thing? Seriously what hockey fundamentals class did we take to learn that maneuver? This is an arcade game on a good day with this non-sense in the game.

-Defensive play and anticipation do not get rewarded in this game, period. Can't tell you how many times I've literally predicted out loud what the other player is going to do, counter it perfectly, and the game dis- allows me from making the proper play either because of RNG or because I literally don't have the tool necessary to make a play. Other teams get rewarded for standing around and being passive in the wrong situations while smart, assertive play is frowned upon. Why?

Again, we made it to the top 50 overall so it's not like we can't win. I just get tired of rolling my eyes and yelling about this nonsense that doesn't reward actually hockey skill.

I like this post. 2 thumbs up.
  • jathegr892
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The whole game needs fixed
  • Pass interceptions are wayyy too good in eashl but feel just right in threes. I play both modes and I know when they fix it in 6s it's bound to make it impossible again in threes haha it would be cool if they just adjusted that in 6s
  • I play goalie and cover the puck is hosed resulting in stupid goals pls fix
  • Glitch where games end up not being counted in eashl. Played 4 games so far and 2 haven't counted in the stats and you can tell when it will do it as you do not gain any reward points following the game.
  • Glitch where games end up not being counted in eashl. Played 4 games so far and 2 haven't counted in the stats and you can tell when it will do it as you do not gain any reward points following the game.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/248893/some-eashl-games-not-counting-still-in-20#latest
  • The defensive skill stick is slow and cumbersome, while the backhand/forehand dekes are so fast they're imperceptible to the human eye.