EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Net battles in Chel

Taste-D-Rainbow
2489 posts Member
edited September 2019
Are the gone in Chel? I cant tie up anyone and forwards are zipping around hopping all over every rebound.

Replies

• You think that's bad? I've had two goals scored where the forward just casually skates into my crease, immediately gets control of a bouncing puck sitting next to me and my defenseman and pushes the puck into the net. No animation of him gathering the puck, no delay in shooting. Just instant in.

Eeeeeeeesh...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    You think that's bad? I've had two goals scored where the forward just casually skates into my crease, immediately gets control of a bouncing puck sitting next to me and my defenseman and pushes the puck into the net. No animation of him gathering the puck, no delay in shooting. Just instant in.

Eeeeeeeesh...

Not denying it's bad my guy. This just seems to be another tool out of the defensive repertoire to help defend the offensive onslaught.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    You think that's bad? I've had two goals scored where the forward just casually skates into my crease, immediately gets control of a bouncing puck sitting next to me and my defenseman and pushes the puck into the net. No animation of him gathering the puck, no delay in shooting. Just instant in.

Eeeeeeeesh...

Are you ready to blast Jonlol about how bad it is playing human Goalie this year yet?
  • Sure there was one net battle - I guess? Anyways, I was skating towards own goal, and there's opponent in front of the goal. For some reason I get sucked into contact with that player. And I can't dislodge myself no matter what i try (backskate etc). I swear I didn' even touch the right stick or buttons.

Oh, and I get 2 minutes for holding of course... :o
  • VeNOM2099
    3171 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Eeeeeeeesh...

Are you ready to blast Jonlol about how bad it is playing human Goalie this year yet?

Why blast him? He's not the one that coded the goalies. I'm sure he's not even the one that suggested the goalies BE this way. He just makes the best out of a bad situation, which I think is awesome!

You know what I don't think is awesome though? The goalies in NHL 20... Scratch that, the goalies in the NHL series since it came to this generation of consoles.

If anything I would like Jon to have MORE of a say (with the help of the goalie community) on how to make goalies better and a more integral part of a team, instead of mostly just an afterthought. I've had some Ideas I've wanted to share about how I think the goalies can be better, but we'll see. The problem is I don't want these suggestions to just get lost in the shuffle. My opinion that the goalies are bad are (mostly) not shared by many who have more influence on the community than I do (see most players from LG). Sadly the general opinion is that goalies aren't real players of this game, and the status quo suits them just fine.
  • Are the gone in Chel? I cant tie up anyone and forwards are zipping around hopping all over every rebound.

Don't know if this is what you are experiencing, but remember, for some reason, you can only tie up players that are not moving. I have noticed alot of players just slightly wiggle around near the crease so you can't tie them up.
  • As a forward, Ive found initiating Net Battles to be very effective. Defense probably aren't meant to use this tool.
    EASHL player
  • you can HOLD A or X for PS4 and tie up their stick or you can hit them, aka bump if youre standing still with the Right stick
  • Swee9LoU84 wrote: »
    you can HOLD A or X for PS4 and tie up their stick or you can hit them, aka bump if youre standing still with the Right stick

Yea the right stick shoves are pretty decent too, and they actually take a decent chunk of stamina out of your opponent in the process.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2489 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Swee9LoU84 wrote: »
    you can HOLD A or X for PS4 and tie up their stick or you can hit them, aka bump if youre standing still with the Right stick

Yea the right stick shoves are pretty decent too, and they actually take a decent chunk of stamina out of your opponent in the process.

Never knew this. You dont get an interference penalty for bumping?
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on

How is the game's recognition of net bumps vs. interference? I'd rather not just rack up penalty minutes because I'm doing this incorrectly.

Never new this. You dont get an interference penalty for bumping?

If you sort of glide next to the opponent, no. It just shoves/rubs the player off and sometimes can dislodge the puck as well. Last year I would use A or Y to tie-up players in front of the net and then use the RS to shove them away out of position.

Never knew this. You dont get an interference penalty for bumping?

Yea it's kind of like minor cross checks. Make sure your skating speed is very low, like practically immobile.

How is the game's recognition of net bumps vs. interference? I'd rather not just rack up penalty minutes because I'm doing this incorrectly.

Dependent on your speed. If you are practically immobile, it will be a shove. Also glide and not use the LS.

If you have a bit of momentum, it will be a body check and to the box for you. Fiddle around a bit in one offline game in like Play Now or whatever and experiment a bit. You should get the hang of it really quickly.