EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st


Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Open letter to the dev crew and EA

Prev1
rblaze1988
36 posts Member
edited September 18
I am so sick and tired of wasting my money on this product. You guys can’t even connected 2 single players together in online versus play. This is supposed to be ranked and i just played 3 games were i dominated but the other player won. The one game there was a noticeable lag difference because the other player was speeding through everything and the passing was lightning speed and all of my inputs were slow as molasses. This is unacceptable I’m tired of this inconsitency. I’m tired of the uneven playing field. I’m tired of dominating in shots possession time and power plays and losing every time because of lag, dynamic AI, i have a power play my team decides to lose all ability to play hockey and just play like they have disabilities. I’m sick of the dynamic AI. I told myself i wasn’t going to buy nhl 20 and i read people saying things were different but they’re just the same. It’s the same crap every year. Don’t you guys have any self respect? This is embarrassing. I can pick apart every match and point out all the times the computer wills the other team or wills me to a win. It’s a joke. When are you guys going to actually fix this hot mess of a game?

Replies

  • I completely agree !!!!
  • I found this kind of problems most of the time in ranked matches, i dont know why but in Ultimate Team the flow of the game is better !
  • I have been trying for years to get answers. Every single year in EASHL my AI is wretched. Opposing players pass right past them. They skate directly into my computer AI D's face, he does nothing but skate backwards. He stops and ensures opposing players get breakaways and 2 on 0's. Meanwhile, my opponents AI is a Superstar. Picks off every pass in a 8' radius. Impossible to make an entry against. Get within 4' of the opposing AI, he lifts the stick and instantly fires it down ice for a breakaway. If I try to take evasive action on the AI, he straight lines into me where it is impossible to dodge. This isn't sometimes, this is every single game for years. I've asked for help, but a lot of members on here respond with derision, and the devs don't respond at all. I know there is something to fix this, but I don't know what it is is. Frustrating. Not paying $60 this year for a game with the same issues.
  • Its literally last year’s game copy and pasted with some new/updated animations. It’s pathetic it’s just like how bad call of duty got after black ops 2
  • The game dynamic behaviour to magic wand physics for circumstancial purpose is total opposite of sports philosophy... Efforts is free will and logic is just common sense... This hockey game representation is a shame for good time gaming...

    May the best win
  • Poman33 wrote: »
    I have been trying for years to get answers. Every single year in EASHL my AI is wretched. Opposing players pass right past them. They skate directly into my computer AI D's face, he does nothing but skate backwards. He stops and ensures opposing players get breakaways and 2 on 0's. Meanwhile, my opponents AI is a Superstar. Picks off every pass in a 8' radius. Impossible to make an entry against. Get within 4' of the opposing AI, he lifts the stick and instantly fires it down ice for a breakaway. If I try to take evasive action on the AI, he straight lines into me where it is impossible to dodge. This isn't sometimes, this is every single game for years. I've asked for help, but a lot of members on here respond with derision, and the devs don't respond at all. I know there is something to fix this, but I don't know what it is is. Frustrating. Not paying $60 this year for a game with the same issues.

    It sounds like your opponents know what strategies to use against you. You can't just throw a ton of shots on net and expect to win. It's about quality shots from good scoring chances. Yeah, you'll still see some flukey goals from time to time, but not as much as previous years. You also see those in real hockey. Pay attention to how your opponent plays and make adjustments. If you're constantly losing, that's on you. The more you blame the game, the less you realize what mistakes you're making and you'll never improve.

    Good luck.

  • Sinbin
    1309 posts Member
    edited September 19
    rblaze1988 wrote: »
    Its literally last year’s game copy and pasted with some new/updated animations. It’s pathetic it’s just like how bad call of duty got after black ops 2

    If you really played 19 and have played at least several games with 20, you'll see the 2 are quite different. It's not a 100% copy and paste. Of course there's a lot that carries over from the previous years. That's been going on for more than 20 years now. Each generation continually builds on the game(s) that came before it. It makes no sense to rebuild the game completely each year.
  • Quit wasting your money then, you knew what the game was going to be. It is a copy and paste, surely not a 100%, but more than most imo, thus the reason I'm still playing 19 and have 60.00 in my pocket.
  • I disagree. I think this game feels entirely different from any other NHL game on this gen. In a good way.
    “If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe.” - Nikola Tesla

  • jake19ny
    644 posts Member
    edited September 19
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Poman33 wrote: »
    I have been trying for years to get answers. Every single year in EASHL my AI is wretched. Opposing players pass right past them. They skate directly into my computer AI D's face, he does nothing but skate backwards. He stops and ensures opposing players get breakaways and 2 on 0's. Meanwhile, my opponents AI is a Superstar. Picks off every pass in a 8' radius. Impossible to make an entry against. Get within 4' of the opposing AI, he lifts the stick and instantly fires it down ice for a breakaway. If I try to take evasive action on the AI, he straight lines into me where it is impossible to dodge. This isn't sometimes, this is every single game for years. I've asked for help, but a lot of members on here respond with derision, and the devs don't respond at all. I know there is something to fix this, but I don't know what it is is. Frustrating. Not paying $60 this year for a game with the same issues.

    It sounds like your opponents know what strategies to use against you. You can't just throw a ton of shots on net and expect to win. It's about quality shots from good scoring chances. Yeah, you'll still see some flukey goals from time to time, but not as much as previous years. You also see those in real hockey. Pay attention to how your opponent plays and make adjustments. If you're constantly losing, that's on you. The more you blame the game, the less you realize what mistakes you're making and you'll never improve.

    Good luck.

    Come on man be fair....you know darn well the OP isn’t talking about just skating over the line and firing shots to out shoot his opponent and expecting to win.......you know he’s talking about keeping his opponent trapped in the offensive zone, dominating the play, controlling the puck, cycling the puck, and setting up chance after chance only to shoot wide or have the goalie make miraculous save after save....then when his opponent finally gets into his end and manages a shot it floats in.

    When you have game that has the following;

    TOA:
    You - 17:46. Opponent - 2:22

    Shots:
    You - 39 Opponent - 5

    Score:
    You - 1. Opponent - 3

    You were not out strategized by any means of the definition.

    Can this happen in hockey? I’m sure but if we are being honest in “real” hockey a team that dominates the way I described would win 98% of their games. In EA HUT ranked seasons you only win about 50% and that’s absolutely absurd. When you lose the majority of those losses should be because you were out played not out lucked.

    Wether people want to blame EAs servers, blame DDA, or chalk it up to RNG.....it doesn’t really matter because it’s stupid and shouldn’t happen.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Poman33 wrote: »
    I have been trying for years to get answers. Every single year in EASHL my AI is wretched. Opposing players pass right past them. They skate directly into my computer AI D's face, he does nothing but skate backwards. He stops and ensures opposing players get breakaways and 2 on 0's. Meanwhile, my opponents AI is a Superstar. Picks off every pass in a 8' radius. Impossible to make an entry against. Get within 4' of the opposing AI, he lifts the stick and instantly fires it down ice for a breakaway. If I try to take evasive action on the AI, he straight lines into me where it is impossible to dodge. This isn't sometimes, this is every single game for years. I've asked for help, but a lot of members on here respond with derision, and the devs don't respond at all. I know there is something to fix this, but I don't know what it is is. Frustrating. Not paying $60 this year for a game with the same issues.

    It sounds like your opponents know what strategies to use against you. You can't just throw a ton of shots on net and expect to win. It's about quality shots from good scoring chances. Yeah, you'll still see some flukey goals from time to time, but not as much as previous years. You also see those in real hockey. Pay attention to how your opponent plays and make adjustments. If you're constantly losing, that's on you. The more you blame the game, the less you realize what mistakes you're making and you'll never improve.

    Good luck.

    Come on man be fair....you know darn well the OP isn’t talking about just skating over the line and firing shots to out shoot his opponent and expecting to win.......you know he’s talking about keeping his opponent trapped in the offensive zone, dominating the play, controlling the puck, cycling the puck, and setting up chance after chance only to shoot wide or have the goalie make miraculous save after save....then when his opponent finally gets into his end and manages a shot it floats in.

    When you have game that has the following;

    TOA:
    You - 17:46. Opponent - 2:22

    Shots:
    You - 39 Opponent - 5

    Score:
    You - 1. Opponent - 3

    You were not out strategized by any means of the definition.

    Can this happen in hockey? I’m sure but if we are being honest in “real” hockey a team that dominates the way I described would win 98% of their games. In EA HUT ranked seasons you only win about 50% and that’s absolutely absurd. When you lose the majority of those losses should be because you were out played not out lucked.

    Wether people want to blame EAs servers, blame DDA, or chalk it up to RNG.....it doesn’t really matter because it’s stupid and shouldn’t happen.

    So why are the best players the same every year if there is a DDA system? Do they not get affected by it? I dont see top players going 50% like you claim. Generally when top players struggle it's because of delay/latency issues.
  • Max452Play wrote: »
    I found this kind of problems most of the time in ranked matches, i dont know why but in Ultimate Team the flow of the game is better !

    VS is peer to peer and HUT is on the EA servers.

    When you are the host in a peer to peer game, there are ways, and may I add, quite easily, to make your opponent lag.

    If you want to put chances on your side and are a fair player, back out of any VS match where you are not the host.
  • jake19ny
    644 posts Member
    edited September 19
    flyextacy wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Poman33 wrote: »
    I have been trying for years to get answers. Every single year in EASHL my AI is wretched. Opposing players pass right past them. They skate directly into my computer AI D's face, he does nothing but skate backwards. He stops and ensures opposing players get breakaways and 2 on 0's. Meanwhile, my opponents AI is a Superstar. Picks off every pass in a 8' radius. Impossible to make an entry against. Get within 4' of the opposing AI, he lifts the stick and instantly fires it down ice for a breakaway. If I try to take evasive action on the AI, he straight lines into me where it is impossible to dodge. This isn't sometimes, this is every single game for years. I've asked for help, but a lot of members on here respond with derision, and the devs don't respond at all. I know there is something to fix this, but I don't know what it is is. Frustrating. Not paying $60 this year for a game with the same issues.

    It sounds like your opponents know what strategies to use against you. You can't just throw a ton of shots on net and expect to win. It's about quality shots from good scoring chances. Yeah, you'll still see some flukey goals from time to time, but not as much as previous years. You also see those in real hockey. Pay attention to how your opponent plays and make adjustments. If you're constantly losing, that's on you. The more you blame the game, the less you realize what mistakes you're making and you'll never improve.

    Good luck.

    Come on man be fair....you know darn well the OP isn’t talking about just skating over the line and firing shots to out shoot his opponent and expecting to win.......you know he’s talking about keeping his opponent trapped in the offensive zone, dominating the play, controlling the puck, cycling the puck, and setting up chance after chance only to shoot wide or have the goalie make miraculous save after save....then when his opponent finally gets into his end and manages a shot it floats in.

    When you have game that has the following;

    TOA:
    You - 17:46. Opponent - 2:22

    Shots:
    You - 39 Opponent - 5

    Score:
    You - 1. Opponent - 3

    You were not out strategized by any means of the definition.

    Can this happen in hockey? I’m sure but if we are being honest in “real” hockey a team that dominates the way I described would win 98% of their games. In EA HUT ranked seasons you only win about 50% and that’s absolutely absurd. When you lose the majority of those losses should be because you were out played not out lucked.

    Wether people want to blame EAs servers, blame DDA, or chalk it up to RNG.....it doesn’t really matter because it’s stupid and shouldn’t happen.

    So why are the best players the same every year if there is a DDA system? Do they not get affected by it? I dont see top players going 50% like you claim. Generally when top players struggle it's because of delay/latency issues.

    I didn’t say it’s DDA that’s for others to decide. I’m simply saying that the OP is right when he talks about losing too many games you dominate in. Why do the top players continue to win then? Simple they are the top players and overcome the crap.
    That said the top players are not the top players because they are good at playing the game of hockey they are the top players because they have mastered the cheese, exploits, and money goals that have plagued this series for years.....so let’s not pretend they are hockey Gods they are the worst kind of gamers out there and this series caters to them but that’s a separate conversation all together.
  • VeNOM2099
    2529 posts Member
    edited September 19
    flyextacy wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Poman33 wrote: »
    I have been trying for years to get answers. Every single year in EASHL my AI is wretched. Opposing players pass right past them. They skate directly into my computer AI D's face, he does nothing but skate backwards. He stops and ensures opposing players get breakaways and 2 on 0's. Meanwhile, my opponents AI is a Superstar. Picks off every pass in a 8' radius. Impossible to make an entry against. Get within 4' of the opposing AI, he lifts the stick and instantly fires it down ice for a breakaway. If I try to take evasive action on the AI, he straight lines into me where it is impossible to dodge. This isn't sometimes, this is every single game for years. I've asked for help, but a lot of members on here respond with derision, and the devs don't respond at all. I know there is something to fix this, but I don't know what it is is. Frustrating. Not paying $60 this year for a game with the same issues.

    It sounds like your opponents know what strategies to use against you. You can't just throw a ton of shots on net and expect to win. It's about quality shots from good scoring chances. Yeah, you'll still see some flukey goals from time to time, but not as much as previous years. You also see those in real hockey. Pay attention to how your opponent plays and make adjustments. If you're constantly losing, that's on you. The more you blame the game, the less you realize what mistakes you're making and you'll never improve.

    Good luck.

    Come on man be fair....you know darn well the OP isn’t talking about just skating over the line and firing shots to out shoot his opponent and expecting to win.......you know he’s talking about keeping his opponent trapped in the offensive zone, dominating the play, controlling the puck, cycling the puck, and setting up chance after chance only to shoot wide or have the goalie make miraculous save after save....then when his opponent finally gets into his end and manages a shot it floats in.

    When you have game that has the following;

    TOA:
    You - 17:46. Opponent - 2:22

    Shots:
    You - 39 Opponent - 5

    Score:
    You - 1. Opponent - 3

    You were not out strategized by any means of the definition.

    Can this happen in hockey? I’m sure but if we are being honest in “real” hockey a team that dominates the way I described would win 98% of their games. In EA HUT ranked seasons you only win about 50% and that’s absolutely absurd. When you lose the majority of those losses should be because you were out played not out lucked.

    Wether people want to blame EAs servers, blame DDA, or chalk it up to RNG.....it doesn’t really matter because it’s stupid and shouldn’t happen.

    So why are the best players the same every year if there is a DDA system? Do they not get affected by it? I dont see top players going 50% like you claim. Generally when top players struggle it's because of delay/latency issues.

    He didn't say it was because of DDA. However, the game hasn't really changed that much; offense is still king, finding and abusing the exploits nets more success than actually hockey knowledge and spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on packs means you get the best cards right from the outset which gives you an edge.

    Again, playing like hockey or having hockey knowledge gives you ZERO edge in this game. Knowing the exploits and having a fat wallet? You have a leg up on the competition. That's all it is.

    Now go look at a list of all these "top" players and see how many fit that description...
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

  • jake19ny wrote: »

    So why are the best players the same every year if there is a DDA system? Do they not get affected by it? I dont see top players going 50% like you claim. Generally when top players struggle it's because of delay/latency issues.

    I didn’t say it’s DDA that’s for others to decide. I’m simply saying that the OP is right when he talks about losing too many games you dominate in. Why do the top players continue to win then? Simple they are the top players and overcome the crap.
    That said the top players are not the top players because they are good at playing the game of hockey they are the top players because they have mastered the cheese, exploits, and money goals that have plagued this series for years.....so let’s not pretend they are hockey Gods they are the worst kind of gamers out there and this series caters to them but that’s a separate conversation all together. [/quote]

    Why is it cheese if you're not defending shots from the slot? People call this exploiting the game or cheese, but you're giving them good scoring chances. People blame the "cheese" instead of taking accountability for their own lack of defense. If a real life coach sees the other team has a weakness, they're going to exploit that. Is that cheese?
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Poman33 wrote: »
    I have been trying for years to get answers. Every single year in EASHL my AI is wretched. Opposing players pass right past them. They skate directly into my computer AI D's face, he does nothing but skate backwards. He stops and ensures opposing players get breakaways and 2 on 0's. Meanwhile, my opponents AI is a Superstar. Picks off every pass in a 8' radius. Impossible to make an entry against. Get within 4' of the opposing AI, he lifts the stick and instantly fires it down ice for a breakaway. If I try to take evasive action on the AI, he straight lines into me where it is impossible to dodge. This isn't sometimes, this is every single game for years. I've asked for help, but a lot of members on here respond with derision, and the devs don't respond at all. I know there is something to fix this, but I don't know what it is is. Frustrating. Not paying $60 this year for a game with the same issues.

    It sounds like your opponents know what strategies to use against you. You can't just throw a ton of shots on net and expect to win. It's about quality shots from good scoring chances. Yeah, you'll still see some flukey goals from time to time, but not as much as previous years. You also see those in real hockey. Pay attention to how your opponent plays and make adjustments. If you're constantly losing, that's on you. The more you blame the game, the less you realize what mistakes you're making and you'll never improve.

    Good luck.

    Come on man be fair....you know darn well the OP isn’t talking about just skating over the line and firing shots to out shoot his opponent and expecting to win.......you know he’s talking about keeping his opponent trapped in the offensive zone, dominating the play, controlling the puck, cycling the puck, and setting up chance after chance only to shoot wide or have the goalie make miraculous save after save....then when his opponent finally gets into his end and manages a shot it floats in.

    When you have game that has the following;

    TOA:
    You - 17:46. Opponent - 2:22

    Shots:
    You - 39 Opponent - 5

    Score:
    You - 1. Opponent - 3

    You were not out strategized by any means of the definition.

    Can this happen in hockey? I’m sure but if we are being honest in “real” hockey a team that dominates the way I described would win 98% of their games. In EA HUT ranked seasons you only win about 50% and that’s absolutely absurd. When you lose the majority of those losses should be because you were out played not out lucked.

    Wether people want to blame EAs servers, blame DDA, or chalk it up to RNG.....it doesn’t really matter because it’s stupid and shouldn’t happen.

    I don't see how I'm not being fair. It's not like they posted video showing them taking good shots and setting up good scoring chances. There's no proof whatsoever that this happened, yet everyone wants to just believe them because they too are losing and never, ever are they saying what they could have done better. Lopsided games happen in the real world as well. A team can still get dominated and win. Sure, it's not real common, but it's also not unheard of. If you're consistently losing when you dominate then you're not doing something right. Again, probably taking bad shots because their defense isn't giving you good chances. If you watch the replays of the goals against you, I can almost guarantee you'll see where you gave them an opportunity to score and they took advantage of it.
  • VeNOM2099
    2529 posts Member
    edited September 19
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    So why are the best players the same every year if there is a DDA system? Do they not get affected by it? I dont see top players going 50% like you claim. Generally when top players struggle it's because of delay/latency issues.

    I didn’t say it’s DDA that’s for others to decide. I’m simply saying that the OP is right when he talks about losing too many games you dominate in. Why do the top players continue to win then? Simple they are the top players and overcome the crap.
    That said the top players are not the top players because they are good at playing the game of hockey they are the top players because they have mastered the cheese, exploits, and money goals that have plagued this series for years.....so let’s not pretend they are hockey Gods they are the worst kind of gamers out there and this series caters to them but that’s a separate conversation all together.

    Why is it cheese if you're not defending shots from the slot? People call this exploiting the game or cheese, but you're giving them good scoring chances. People blame the "cheese" instead of taking accountability for their own lack of defense. If a real life coach sees the other team has a weakness, they're going to exploit that. Is that cheese?

    No, because in real hockey those areas are the ones the defense is explicitly charged with protecting, hence why it's so hard to actually get there and score (otherwise NHL games would all end 10-9 or something ridiculous like that). If a real life coach sees his goalie giving up floaters from the blue line, he swaps the goalie and then asks for a trade. And then the next goalie stops those shots, because it's not up to the defense to stop those shots. It has nothing to do with defense.

    The basis of hockey is to retain the puck. Maintaining puck possession ensures you can control the game and come up with more scoring chances. A scoring chance, in itself, is not necessarily a shot on net, much less an instant goal. Just shooting the puck from anywhere because you want to put it on net is a turnover. No coach would ever want that.

    The problem with this game is that EVERY shot is a chance to score and a very high percentage of shots, even shots that wouldn't be considered even remotely dangerous, end up in the back of the net. The goalies in this game, sadly, are atrociously subpar. All in the name of catering to high offense.

    That's why when you say "you gotta defend" shots from the point, it really doesn't make sense from a logical point of view. Those are the types of shot you allow your goalie to see because he's gonna stop them 99.9% of the time. Do they sometimes go in? Sure! But you'll see that ONCE every month or so, not every other game. Go look up the 1993 Montreal Canadiens. They weren't the best players in the league, but the way they played, they set up so that they'd funnel their opponents to shoot on Patrick Roy and he'd make the saves. Nothing complicated, just basic defense by allowing harmless shots your goalie can easily stop. Try that in EA's NHL... LOL!

    And yes, we get that this is a video game, but it's a video game based on a real pro sport. It's not called EA Skates & Pucks 20. It's not called Gears of Hockey Sticks. It's not called Final Tendies or World of Ice Skating. It's not something EA made from scratch or even took liberties with. They made a video game based on a real life sport, or at least one would think but for the way this game plays so little like the real thing.

    It's like as if a Chef would make Eggs Florentine, but didn't use eggs or spinach. Instead He'd use a potato and some dirt and put it in the menu as Eggs Florentine.
    Post edited by VeNOM2099 on
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

  • I'm not for or against the argument that DDA and RNG are in or out of the game but what the biggest problem with the dominating and losing isn't so much that you lose, I can take that if it's a goal that I deserved to give up but when the goal I give up is some floating wrister from a horrid angle or a clean shot that any little league goalie can make the save on when their goalie is diving all over the place, that is the hard part to get by. Save the nonsense that you can dominate and still lose. Most of the games that are pure domination are far more of a domination that happens in real life. Yes they can happen but it's much more rare than what happens in this game.

    No one plays a flawless game. Doesn't matter how good you are. There is always mistakes and yes, the game forces some of them so that players get a chance at least to do something. I have played enough to know that is fact.

  • jake19ny
    644 posts Member
    edited September 19
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    So why are the best players the same every year if there is a DDA system? Do they not get affected by it? I dont see top players going 50% like you claim. Generally when top players struggle it's because of delay/latency issues.

    I didn’t say it’s DDA that’s for others to decide. I’m simply saying that the OP is right when he talks about losing too many games you dominate in. Why do the top players continue to win then? Simple they are the top players and overcome the crap.
    That said the top players are not the top players because they are good at playing the game of hockey they are the top players because they have mastered the cheese, exploits, and money goals that have plagued this series for years.....so let’s not pretend they are hockey Gods they are the worst kind of gamers out there and this series caters to them but that’s a separate conversation all together.

    Why is it cheese if you're not defending shots from the slot? People call this exploiting the game or cheese, but you're giving them good scoring chances. People blame the "cheese" instead of taking accountability for their own lack of defense. If a real life coach sees the other team has a weakness, they're going to exploit that. Is that cheese?

    No, because in real hockey those areas are the ones the defense is explicitly charged with protecting, hence why it's so hard to actually get there and score (otherwise NHL games would all end 10-9 or something ridiculous like that). If a real life coach sees his goalie giving up floaters from the blue line, he swaps the goalie and then asks for a trade. And then the next goalie stops those shots, because it's not up to the defense to stop those shots. It has nothing to do with defense.

    The basis of hockey is to retain the puck. Maintaining puck possession ensures you can control the game and come up with more scoring chances. A scoring chance, in itself, is not necessarily a shot on net, much less an instant goal. Just shooting the puck from anywhere because you want to put it on net is a turnover. No coach would ever want that.

    The problem with this game is that EVERY shot is a chance to score and a very high percentage of shots, even shots that wouldn't be considered even remotely dangerous, end up in the back of the net. The goalies in this game, sadly, are atrociously subpar. All in the name of catering to high offense.

    That's why when you say "you gotta defend" shots from the point, it really doesn't make sense from a logical point of view. Those are the types of shot you allow your goalie to see because he's gonna stop them 99.9% of the time. Do they sometimes go in? Sure! But you'll see that ONCE every month or so, not every other game. Go look up the 1993 Montreal Canadiens. They weren't the best players in the league, but the way they played, they set up so that they'd funnel their opponents to shoot on Patrick Roy and he'd make the saves. Nothing complicated, just basic defense by allowing harmless shots your goalie can easily stop. Try that in EA's NHL... LOL!

    And yes, we get that this is a video game, but it's a video game based on a real pro sport. It's not called EA Skates & Pucks 20. It's not called Gears of Hockey Sticks. It's not called Final Tendies or World of Ice Skating. It's not something EA made from scratch or even took liberties with. They made a video game based on a real life sport, or at least one would think but for the way this game plays so little like the real thing.

    It's like as if a Chef would make Eggs Florentine, but didn't use eggs or spinach. Instead He'd use a potato and some dirt and put it in the menu as Eggs Florentine.

    ^^^^This is 100% right.

    The get better and take accountability argument is absolutely ridiculous in this case because all the things being complained about are out of user control. When we can magically control all 5 players on the ice at the same time then we can have that discussion.
  • VeNOM2099
    2529 posts Member
    edited September 19
    It's not so much that we need to control all 5 players on the ice. I mean, from a technical point of view, we CAN do that as we switch from one player to the other (even the goalie).

    However, the limitations we face with that is that the AI is absolutely infuriating when it comes to staying in good defensive position. People who argue "Oh, well you just want the AI to do everything for you!", NO! I just want the AI to be where it's supposed to be. So I can switch off to that player and defend the attack. But instead the AI runs around, chasing the puck handler, crashing into MY user controlled player or going off on an excursion for XYZ reasons and leaves a player all alone beside the net for an easy one timer. Couple that with a player switch function that is still problematic since the beginning. And then you try to switch off to a player that may have a chance of interfering with the play, but no, you get the guy BEHIND the play who's useless to your plight. And then you have to rely on the Goalie to stop a shot? LOLOLOLOL!!

    It's why low level players rely on "skill zoning" because to them not switching is the safest option. Even though the AI is programmed to sabotage that tactic all too well. Try to play solid defense with your AI Teammates and it's a cluster... duck. Better to let them run loose like Wild dogs chasing rabbits instead and hope for the best.
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!