EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Does anyone know what the difference between difficulties actually are?

All I've noted is:

After you pass Pro difficulty, AI super passes.
-Increases the AI's skating speed regardless of your sliders
-Increases their effectiveness with every ideal of hockey

Literally on all-star, the AI can check me from behind but I can't. They can stick lift me, I get a hook. they can poke, I trip. They pass legit as soon as they pick the puck up whereas i cant even pass right as i pick up because of what has to be input delay.

Unfortunately, while Pro isn't a hard difficulty, it's the most realistic difficulty you'll get. No NHL team super passes and refuses to shoot in open areas as much as the All star AI does

Replies

• Problem I have with PRO, is that I'll probably beat the CPU 95% of the time. And if you crank up the CPU sliders, you're no longer going to get "sim" results from the CPU. You're going to get a jacked up CPU player, who plays better than his stats. EA refuses to put balance in this game.
  • Yeah, there's no inbetween for PRO and ALL STAR. I dominate PRO difficulty, whereas ALLSTAR doesn't exactly dominate me, but it feels like the game is against me
  • I like the little things that have changed about the opposing AI: it no longer ties you up to the boards from impossible distance - ok so it doesn't tie you up at all anymore, but even that lazy improvement is better than before.

Secondly, the AI actually makes mistakes, especially in passing. It used to be that if you covered one guy, the AI would NEVER try to pass to him. Now you can actually intercept puck if you guess where the AI is gonna pass.

Also battling for puck possession, you can actually win these now, instead to being denied all the time. Even if you loose the puck, you can fight it back. The AI is far less infallible this time. At least on PRO level, that's my experience,

Heck, I am almost enjoying playing the AI now... :)
  • Yeah, there's no inbetween for PRO and ALL STAR. I dominate PRO difficulty, whereas ALLSTAR doesn't exactly dominate me, but it feels like the game is against me

I agree. Pro is too easy (most realistic pace). All star is CPU on steroids.

• simpyforzibby
    101 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I just played on superstar and found it to be a better experience than all star lol

[Socair - edited for all caps use]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I play on Allstar and find it pretty even. Superstar you can feel the handicap and though I can still win, it's very frustrating. CPu basically scores when it wants to even on contested shots from the lowest of AHL players.
  • I just played on superstar and found it to be a better experience than all star lol

Think you might be onto something. I’m currently testing superstar out.
  • I agree 100% with this post and it really isn't a surprise to me as this has been going on for the past 5 years or so. I love to play sim but could never really get into it because of the gap between pro and allstar mode.