EA Forums - Banner

Offensive Awareness?

Been playing modern hockey since NHL 10 and I still don't really know what this stat does lol. I know defensive awareness allows you to have an actual solid body and block shots, pick up loose pucks better, and pokes seem more effective but I have 98 offensive awareness with my sniper and am not noticing anything really different.

I can assume it lets me pick up loose pucks easier and maybe receive passes slightly better but does anyone know what else it does?

Replies

• I've always been under the impression it adds a little more auto aim on shooting and passing accuracy whereas defensive awareness adds more auto aim to the poke check and hit assist.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Been playing modern hockey since NHL 10 and I still don't really know what this stat does lol. I know defensive awareness allows you to have an actual solid body and block shots, pick up loose pucks better, and pokes seem more effective but I have 98 offensive awareness with my sniper and am not noticing anything really different.

I can assume it lets me pick up loose pucks easier and maybe receive passes slightly better but does anyone know what else it does?
    Players in possesion of high offensive awareness have good vision, which improves their playmaking ability and a knack for finding the back of the net.
  • high defensive awareness combined with high aggressiveness means your players move faster when you don't have the puck.

• Its basically positioning in the offensive zone. Its a stat that really only affects your AI players without the puck.

A player with a high offensive awareness is more likely to find open passing lanes and square up for for a shot in a high-scoring opportunity area.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    456 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    To be a little more clear, I'm referring to our stats in EASHL where you have permanent control of your created player. **

Pretty sure our human stats have no bearing on the AI players without the puck. I mean sure, it'll allow me to receive/give passes better but a human has direct control over their position naturally, making this stat near useless despite being so important to their overall.

If I wanted better puck control I would level that, balance, strength, and deke instead.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    To be a little more clear, I'm referring to our stats in EASHL where you have permanent control of your created player. **

Pretty sure our human stats have no bearing on the AI players without the puck. I mean sure, it'll allow me to receive/give passes better but a human has direct control over their position naturally, making this stat near useless despite being so important to their overall.

If I wanted better puck control I would level that, balance, strength, and deke instead.

Im guessing Its just a stat thats built into the engine of the game, regardless of what mode youre playing.

Offensive awareness only affects cpu players and it would only come into play in EASHL if you were to drop out of a game and the ai takes over your player....

"Passing" makes your player give/receive passes better just like balance ,strength and shot accuracy effect those specific traits . But offensive awareness is how "aware" a player is of the offensive play... if you are controlling the player , youre right , it doesnt matter because then its up to YOURE offensive awareness and the stat is meaningless
  • Mr_Darklighter
    342 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Above1988 wrote: »
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »

Im guessing Its just a stat thats built into the engine of the game, regardless of what mode youre playing.

Offensive awareness only affects cpu players and it would only come into play in EASHL if you were to drop out of a game and the ai takes over your player....

"Passing" makes your player give/receive passes better just like balance ,strength and shot accuracy effect those specific traits . But offensive awareness is how "aware" a player is of the offensive play... if you are controlling the player , youre right , it doesnt matter because then its up to YOURE offensive awareness and the stat is meaningless

There is a perk for it. It does affect human players.

From my experience and judging by the explanation it gives you a boost to:

A. Scoring yourself
    B. a recipient of your pass scoring and/or better passing in the ozone.