EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Wait for Icon Collectible or choose an 83-85 player?

Taste-D-Rainbow
2489 posts Member
edited September 2019
So I'm sitting on 25 September collectibles. I'm contemplating whether I should select an 83-85 player or wait for 7 more and get an Icon collectible?

Normally I dont like playing with icons and the list of 85 overall icons is kind of crap, especially since I wont get to choose which one I want.

Thoughts?

Replies

• 85 overall icons wont be worth much when the nhl season starts and EA starts to pump out TOTW and also flashbacks and primetime cards.

I would get the icon collectible but don't use it yet, I would save it for later when EA releases higher overall icons.
  • I don't know the answer. I have 3 icon collectibles and am not sure if I should cash them in now or wait until I get a few more.
  • I would just use coins to buy specific icon players that I want, rather than taking the risk of getting something I don't want.
  • I'm hoarding the Icon Collectables and will be at 32 Saturday or Sunday. Should be able to land a few more Monthly Collectables and get one of the smaller packs before the end of the month. I'd love to see the previous month 3/1 reroll they had last season but will make an effort to use them all up.

I think the 90+ Icons will take more than 9 to roll and I'm not rolling for anything under 90. I did my 1st one this morning and took Roy over Moose.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2489 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Most of the time I'm done playing by November so I dont plan on hoarding Icon collectibles.

I just find it strange with the wording on the 83-85 selection. I'm at work so dont quote me but it says select one player whereas Icons say select one (between 2). I'm curious, will I be able to select any 85 overall or will it be a random generated selection? What if my options are all 83? My team is basically beyond 83 overalls at this point.

My likely bet is I'm gonna pick a player then sell that same player I have for coins ... potential Tavares or Bergeron or something and get 25k'ish coins out of it.

• I just find it strange with the wording on the 83-85 selection. I'm at work so dont quote me but it says select one player whereas Icons say select one (between 2). I'm curious, will I be able to select any 85 overall or will it be a random generated selection? What if my options are all 83? My team is basically beyond 83 overalls at this point.

My likely bet is I'm gonna pick a player then sell that same player I have for coins ... potential Tavares or Bergeron or something and get 25k'ish coins out of it.

Yeah, I don't like the odds on that one and think Packs are the better odds if you're not going for the Icons. With packs you could add some sweaters or logos to roll for more packs that ARE tradable.
  • Just so anyone is considering, I chose the 83-85 Selection ... my 4 options were *someone I cant remember*, Marchesseault, Marner, Monohan.

I chose Marner and sold him for for 42k.

Basically 83s and got lucky with one 85.
  • Saved up icon collectibles to get the 89 overall and my choices were two stand up style goalies I don’t want......go back to letting us know what we’re getting so we can decide if we want to go that route or not.

It’s funny that in a time where these games are being scrutinized as potential gambling they incorporate exchanges that say 33% chance of getting something good meaning 76% chance of crapola....not to mention unknown choice packs where your choice may be between two players you don’t want, need, or can’t sell.....
  • @jake19ny that's awful and I agree with everything else you said.
  • Can you please make these cards tradable or let us complete a set that we want this is the 3rd damn time I got HOWE and BELIVEAU
  • Can you please make these cards tradable or let us complete a set that we want this is the 3rd damn time I got HOWE and BELIVEAU

There should be an Icon re-roller or remove the possibility to get doubles.
  • Sir I couldn't agree more
  • Used a single gold collectible for the 33% chance of a classic player. Got an 87 Bourque. Second one I got, but at least i can sell this one.