EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Input Delay

Confusion2000
137 posts Member
edited September 2019
EA, can you solve this problem already and stop blaming us for it? It's impossible to enjoy the game when I have to fight YOUR delay harder than I do my opponent.

[Socair - edited title to lowercase; please don’t use caps lock.]

Replies

• Kuus2
    213 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    My favorite topic on these forums. I’ve found that connection quality and ping has little to do with the subjective experience when playing online versus or threes.

Green games can be very delayed when yellow games can be a completely tolerable or even good experience when playing peer-to-peer games, even with a stable connection. (little jitter)

In HUT and WoC the connection quality seems to be more telling. But here in Finland for some reason the Ireland server is suprisingly painful to play on.
  • It isn’t a connection or network inconsistency or issue at all. It’s all by design, just ask any developer and they’ll tell you all about it... oh wait...
  • Mc41DMB wrote: »
    It isn’t a connection or network inconsistency or issue at all. It’s all by design, just ask any developer and they’ll tell you all about it... oh wait...

Could you imagine the Pandora's Box they would open with that?!?!

Best thing they could do would be to just remove whatever mechanics they have built into the game SILENTLY and make up some "new breakthrough" scenario to cover their butts.

I don't care what road they need to take as long as they take it where it needs to go.