EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Players sabotaging 6v6 and 3v3

2Next

Replies

• CR is pretty dumb if you ask me. You could be a much less than average player, but get carried by your teammates to 1100+

Same could be said about great players being bogged down by horrendous players.

CR should absolutely be scrapped in a multiplayer setting, such as 6s or 3s. It should purely reflect how you play, not how much you win or lose. Win or lose, you do a great job at your position, you should get + CR.
  • Simply have Drop In CR independent of club CR, and your CR only increases/decreases if you queued up solo. Then keep the <500 drop in crowd separate from the >500 crowd.

That's a great idea. But EA won't even make their online modes like HUT, EASHL or VS have seperate types of playstyles (Arcade and SiM) with their tuners/settings.

I couldn't see them be bothered enough to make CR for each game mode either. :/

Would love it though.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Simply have Drop In CR independent of club CR, and your CR only increases/decreases if you queued up solo. Then keep the <500 drop in crowd separate from the >500 crowd.

That's a great idea. But EA won't even make their online modes like HUT, EASHL or VS have seperate types of playstyles (Arcade and SiM) with their tuners/settings.

I couldn't see them be bothered enough to make CR for each game mode either. :/

Would love it though.

They have been proving for a decade now that they can't program a reasonable grading system. We would all have 100,000 cr or all have -100,000. Which would still be just about as useful as it is now, but it's time to lower expectations.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Drop in is garbage, play club.
    Well I don't disagree but this doesn't really solve the problem. It's impossible to play club all the time. And when you play drop-ins I'd like a somewhat decent experience.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    The same would apply in NHL; sure there'd be some jerks that would grade you down just because they're trolls and want to watch the world burn or because they lost a game with you in their team. But more often than not, if you yourself are NOT an online troll, you'd maintain a good grading. Winning or Losing isn't the only motivator for a good or bad rating. I know some people that win most of their game but they're really horrible teammates with horrible attitudes. **I don't care if the guy can score 10 goals per game, a bad egg is a bad egg plain and simple. **

This especially. Nothing drives me more insane than some guy playing the wrong way - say a DMan constantly jumping up into the rush and scoring goals and obviously thinking he is all that because of it, yet he's not actually playing his position.

*In theory* it would be great to have a system where you have a rolling average from your last X games of your team play and you get matched with other players within say a grade or 2 of your teamplay (I dont care about CR). In reality however, it's hard enough to find a full room of 6s so this would segregate the player base even more. But a guy can dream.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.