EA Forums - Banner

EASHL community has become a trainwreck!

2Next

Replies

• Been a EASHL community member for quite awhile and have been with the same club since NHL 13 back on PS3. Since moving to PS4, the community has been falling apart year by year and not many known members have bothered to buy anymore EA NHL games.

The utter negligence to fix this community has been very unforgiving, as the population has stayed low for nearly 3 seasons, making club games tougher to find later in the year. Drop in has also been on a downhill roller coaster. The outdoor rinks get very tiresome as some prefer to play in an actual arena with equipment on, when club isn't running. The cut scenes are an annoyance ( nobody wants to watch a helicopter every whistle ).

Now to talk about EA servers! I play with an upload speed of 100 mbps, and download of 300 mbps. My ping for some reason jumps from 63 to about 100 and sometimes it goes to 400 against certain EASHL teams. We play against American and Canadian teams, no european teams, yet experience ridiculous lag, causing cheesy goals to go in. I wish EA Sports would fix this issue as before my ping used to it at 7 to 10 milliseconds.

Also please bring back old gen communities! This was a great feature to have as we could avoid certain trolls that just ruin the game. This was also an easier way for club recruitment as we could gain chemistry with these players. Drop in is a trollfest now so might be time to consider this, or I fear EASHL is going to be like I Am Legend soon.

A lot of the old gen stuff needs to come back, this franchise is heading in the wrong direction and the sales reflect it.

Courtesy of vgchartz.com

ijq00khtpyc8.pngaekx2zjxb6q3.png

• This game started to plummet when they switched to this current player system. Go back to the attributes system and grinding for legend. THIS HAS BEEN A COLOSSAL BORING FAILURE!

• 3s is high because face it, more open ice, less people in the way, easier to rag, dangle, snipe and celly. Seems like most people just want to score on every single breakaway and seemingly, on almost every shot. EA has instilled a very bad culture over the years and most people don't want to play hockey. They want to dangle and score. There is no way EA can turn the tide this late in the game. That culture is here to stay, so score on and rag all day.

0l2igam9wwd3.gif

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sneakler wrote: »
    I do wish crossplay was somehow added to this game. Would be great. I just assume it will never happen which is saddening. The populations need to be combined. We didn't play club for about 2 or 3 days because we couldn't find a game in the higher divisions. As far as people saying THREES and ONE's have hurt the game I don't think that's the problem. Not sure if you mean the actual ARCADE MODE THREE's or EASHL 3's though.

I think EASHL 3's is great and actually has the most robust community to be honest. Alot of people in the past would be playing with 2 and 3 skaters in a 5 v 5 match which was just annoying and lame in my opinion. Now they have a mode with less players on the ice which is an entirely different game. 3 v 3 EASHL has an entirely different meta that has some serious high-level play believe it or not. Of course the hockey purists despise the thought of playing 3 v 3 EASHL but not everyone enjoys playing 6's and for good reason. It is what it is...it's fun, competitive games...but I feel some people aren't into that and 3's give them another option. Keep in mind I am talking EASHL 3's...the ARCADE 3's mode a joke and waste of development time in my opinion but that's just me.

We do need the online lobby back in the game it was a staple of the early EASHL DAYS and my current team that I play with I met through those lobbies 9 years ago.

This is how it has hurt the game. You still have people doing 2s and 3s in 6s. The community is split up too much now. 3s having the most robust community is an affront to all things hockey.

I agree, I actually see way more people looking to play 2's now then I've ever seen before, likely because the AI is so OP. Nerf the AI and make it so bringing players, even if they aren't top players, holds value over playing with a compy.

Actually, I'd say it's quite the opposite: people want to play 2s and 3s without AI because the AI is so pitifully bad. No one wants to lose because your dumb bot teammate decided to go on an excursion to the corner of the ice while leaving his man alone in front of the net for an easy one-timer.

The AI in this game is so bad at all aspects of the game; attack, defense and goaltending. It's really very sad when people think it's overpowered. Especially since it sends the wrong message to the devs who will listen and make the AI even worse.

That's the last thing this game needs, IMO.

My point is people are still playing 2s and 3s in 6s club. The population has been further diluted with ones. It shouldn't be hard to find a 6s drop this early on. It saddens me to see a constant "low" population in 6s while 3s is always high.

3s is high because face it, more open ice, less people in the way, easier to rag, dangle, snipe and celly. Seems like most people just want to score on every single breakaway and seemingly, on almost every shot. EA has instilled a very bad culture over the years and most people don't want to play hockey. They want to dangle and score. There is no way EA can turn the tide this late in the game. That culture is here to stay, so score on and rag all day.

Absolutely!!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    I can't even imagine what having crossplay (and maybe even a PC release) would do to the gaming population. Would be amazing, but this is EA we're talking about here.

Friendly reminder that when it comes to crossplay, publishers/developers are rarely ever the problem. Microsoft and Sony, more so Sony, are the ones blocking crossplay.

That's not entirely true; Epic recently stopped supporting cross-play for Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch. Also, Microsoft and Nintendo have said they welcome cross-play for appropriate titles and that they leave that decision up to the devs/publishers. If they want to do it, their hardware and network infrastructure is ready and able.
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sneakler wrote: »
    I do wish crossplay was somehow added to this game. Would be great. I just assume it will never happen which is saddening. The populations need to be combined. We didn't play club for about 2 or 3 days because we couldn't find a game in the higher divisions. As far as people saying THREES and ONE's have hurt the game I don't think that's the problem. Not sure if you mean the actual ARCADE MODE THREE's or EASHL 3's though.

I think EASHL 3's is great and actually has the most robust community to be honest. Alot of people in the past would be playing with 2 and 3 skaters in a 5 v 5 match which was just annoying and lame in my opinion. Now they have a mode with less players on the ice which is an entirely different game. 3 v 3 EASHL has an entirely different meta that has some serious high-level play believe it or not. Of course the hockey purists despise the thought of playing 3 v 3 EASHL but not everyone enjoys playing 6's and for good reason. It is what it is...it's fun, competitive games...but I feel some people aren't into that and 3's give them another option. Keep in mind I am talking EASHL 3's...the ARCADE 3's mode a joke and waste of development time in my opinion but that's just me.

We do need the online lobby back in the game it was a staple of the early EASHL DAYS and my current team that I play with I met through those lobbies 9 years ago.

This is how it has hurt the game. You still have people doing 2s and 3s in 6s. The community is split up too much now. 3s having the most robust community is an affront to all things hockey.

I agree, I actually see way more people looking to play 2's now then I've ever seen before, likely because the AI is so OP. Nerf the AI and make it so bringing players, even if they aren't top players, holds value over playing with a compy.

Actually, I'd say it's quite the opposite: people want to play 2s and 3s without AI because the AI is so pitifully bad. No one wants to lose because your dumb bot teammate decided to go on an excursion to the corner of the ice while leaving his man alone in front of the net for an easy one-timer.

The AI in this game is so bad at all aspects of the game; attack, defense and goaltending. It's really very sad when people think it's overpowered. Especially since it sends the wrong message to the devs who will listen and make the AI even worse.

That's the last thing this game needs, IMO.

? how do you play 2s without AI?

giphy.gif?****=790b761167f39068124ca368544411280e9deef89f3d32ae&rid=giphy.gif

Still waiting on that answer
  • Mr_Darklighter
    295 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The fact remains that 3s is not hockey in its true form and there are too many different ways to play now. Regardless of whether you believe it or not there are still clubs trying to rise in the 6s leaderboards by playing 2s and 3s in that mode. Then you have the clubs doing 2s and 3s in the actual 3s mode. Then 3s drop in. There just isnt the playerbase anymore. 6s needs to be incentivized. Most would agree that the community was at it's best from 09-15. 6s was alive and well in club and drop in even late into the year. Hell I even did a victory lap on nhl 14 and had no issues finding games. Not to mention playing 15 on its second year of release and again no issues finding games.
  • Sadly it is too late to change and EA wouldn't remove a mode now at this point. EA can't even tackle glitches that have been in the game for years. This game is far removed from the glory days of 09-15. And likely will not return to form any time in the next 3-5 years, if ever.
  • Been a EASHL community member for quite awhile and have been with the same club since NHL 13 back on PS3. Since moving to PS4, the community has been falling apart year by year and not many known members have bothered to buy anymore EA NHL games.

The utter negligence to fix this community has been very unforgiving, as the population has stayed low for nearly 3 seasons, making club games tougher to find later in the year. Drop in has also been on a downhill roller coaster. The outdoor rinks get very tiresome as some prefer to play in an actual arena with equipment on, when club isn't running. The cut scenes are an annoyance ( nobody wants to watch a helicopter every whistle ).

Now to talk about EA servers! I play with an upload speed of 100 mbps, and download of 300 mbps. My ping for some reason jumps from 63 to about 100 and sometimes it goes to 400 against certain EASHL teams. We play against American and Canadian teams, no european teams, yet experience ridiculous lag, causing cheesy goals to go in. I wish EA Sports would fix this issue as before my ping used to it at 7 to 10 milliseconds.

Also please bring back old gen communities! This was a great feature to have as we could avoid certain trolls that just ruin the game. This was also an easier way for club recruitment as we could gain chemistry with these players. Drop in is a trollfest now so might be time to consider this, or I fear EASHL is going to be like I Am Legend soon.

A lot of the old gen stuff needs to come back, this franchise is heading in the wrong direction and the sales reflect it.

Courtesy of vgchartz.com

VG chartz does not take digital sales into account which are more popular every single year.

Their sales numbers projections are nothing more than a shot in the dark.

EA dev also stated last year that sales are pretty much near identical every single year. Don't see what he has to gain by lying about it.

Courtesy of vgchartz.com

VG chartz does not take digital sales into account which are more popular every single year.

EA dev also stated last year that sales are pretty much near identical every single year. Don't see what he has to gain by lying about it.

I knew they were not 100% accurate but did not know they didn't include digital sales.
  • This game started to plummet when they switched to this current player system. Go back to the attributes system and grinding for legend. THIS HAS BEEN A COLOSSAL BORING FAILURE!

100%

Even if you take away the grind, just start everyone off with the max points for editing your attributes, I think it was 2500? It's a much better system and allows for more unique dynamic builds.

Courtesy of vgchartz.com

I knew they were not 100% accurate but did not know they didn't include digital sales.

Yea, I just can't see how they can account for digital sales without having Sony and Micro$lop directly hand them the sales numbers.

Courtesy of vgchartz.com

Yea, I just can't see how they can account for digital sales without having Sony and Micro$lop directly hand them the sales numbers.

Yeah, or without hacking lol

100%

Even if you take away the grind, just start everyone off with the max points for editing your attributes, I think it was 2500? It's a much better system and allows for more unique dynamic builds.

This is where I would argue. Yes you could attribute your points and whatnot, but in the end, almost everyone was doing extremely similar builds.

Here is pretty much all that mattered:

Speed
    Wrist shot power and accuracy
    Checking power (optional, but fun)
    Stick checking
    Endurance (optional)
    Stamina
    Agility

All the rest could easily be left at 50 or 65. Acceleration was broken and ignored. You could leave Balance at 60 and it wouldn't matter in the least. You were extremely effective despite ignoring what would probably be argued as the most important trait in real life.

Essentially you were left with a 72 overall player that skated like the wind and sniped like Stamkos.

I am not saying the new system is better, more fun or less boring. However, it is more fair. Every build has weaknesses. I wouldn't mind going back to a similar system as the old one, but no attributes can be broken or ignorable. It would have to be massively overhauled. In that case, I would accept it.

100%

This is where I would argue. Yes you could attribute your points and whatnot, but in the end, almost everyone was doing extremely similar builds.

Speed
    Stick checking
    Endurance (optional)
    Stamina
    Agility

All the rest could easily be left at 50 or 65. Acceleration was broken and ignored. You could leave Balance at 60 and it wouldn't matter in the least. You were extremely effective despite ignoring what would probably be argued as the most important trait in real life.

Essentially you were left with a 72 overall player that skated like the wind and sniped like Stamkos.

I am not saying the new system is better, more fun or less boring. However, it is more fair. Every build has weaknesses. I wouldn't mind going back to a similar system as the old one, but no attributes can be broken or ignorable. It would have to be massively overhauled. In that case, I would accept it.

Yup I see your point! The old system STYLE was better, but it had it's issues too and would need to be tweaked. For example, offensive/defensive awareness would significantly boost your players overall rating the higher you made it, but I doubt they actually did anything.. The human controlling their player is the one in charge of it's "awareness", seems more of a CPU attribute.

100%

Speed
    Stick checking
    Endurance (optional)
    Stamina
    Agility

Yup I see your point! The old system STYLE was better, but it had it's issues too and would need to be tweaked. For example, offensive/defensive awareness would significantly boost your players overall rating the higher you made it, but I doubt they actually did anything.. The human controlling their player is the one in charge of it's "awareness", seems more of a CPU attribute.

Agreed.

I like what they wanted to do with it, but it was broken. I think the solution would have been to fix it rather than scrap it for this new system. Remove the grind and find a system simialr to the old one would be a great compromise.

Maybe even add in the option to have a class created for you by the game itself, like we have now. A pre made class if you don't want to build your own.
  • de4c0n_fr05t
    436 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This game started to plummet when they switched to this current player system. Go back to the attributes system and grinding for legend. THIS HAS BEEN A COLOSSAL BORING FAILURE!

100%

Speed
    Stick checking
    Endurance (optional)
    Stamina
    Agility

Agreed.

I like what they wanted to do with it, but it was broken. I think the solution would have been to fix it rather than scrap it for this new system. Remove the grind and find a system simialr to the old one would be a great compromise.

Maybe even add in the option to have a class created for you by the game itself, like we have now. A pre made class if you don't want to build your own.

Yup, pre-made standard classes like we have now with set values, but you can go in and edit them like previous gen. If you wanted your Sniper to have hitting it would cost way more points than if your Power Forward had hitting, etc.

Good system, just had some flaws. Just like their 12 man lobby server browser style system. The mistake there was allowing ONLY 12 players to join, that's where you get the trolls who just sit in the middle and ruin the game. An unlimited number of players should be able to join the room so trolls can't ruin games like that. The game would ready up and launch and the troll would still be sitting in the middle lol

@EA_Roger Comments on this? Not sure if you are a Dev or just a Community Manager, but would like to hear an EA Devs comments on this.

100%

Speed
    Stick checking
    Endurance (optional)
    Stamina
    Agility

Agreed.

Yup, pre-made standard classes like we have now with set values, but you can go in and edit them like previous gen. If you wanted your Sniper to have hitting it would cost way more points than if your Power Forward had hitting, etc.

Good system, just had some flaws. Just like their 12 man lobby server browser style system. The mistake there was allowing ONLY 12 players to join, that's where you get the trolls who just sit in the middle and ruin the game. An unlimited number of players should be able to join the room so trolls can't ruin games like that. The game would ready up and launch and the troll would still be sitting in the middle lol

@EA_Roger Comments on this? Not sure if you are a Dev or just a Community Manager, but would like to hear an EA Devs comments on this.

Yea I would favor a system like that more and more each year. Like, why is it that a Defensive Defenseman has to be big, bulky and clunky, with mostly physical attributes? Why does a Puck Moving D man have to be smallish and agile? Not crazy about being pigeon-holed like that. If I want a big physical puck mover, I should be able to. Seems like I need to run a Playmaker to get that option, but he isn't a defensive class...
  • They fractured the online community badly when they brought in 3's, then 1's, etc. Now the drop in crowd can't even play NHL style hockey...we're forced into 3 different outdoor rinks with shadows so bad that 1 of them (canal rink) is half shadows for the whole sheet.

Gee EA, did you ever think we still wanted the NHL style of hockey that we bought NHL 20 for?