EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Search Parameter Removal

Sneakler
43 posts Member
edited September 2019
One crucial thing that needs to be re-introduced.

Club search parameters removal:

Back in the day before the EASHL SEASONS format that was imported from FIFA PRO CLUBS which is cool and could be kept but the parameters need to be removed.

Right now I believe you can play a team ±5 divisions above or below you. The problem with this is search times. This is a mechanic made to protect low-level team from high level competition which I understand.

What are the effects of this though:

1: Scrub hunting teams re-making their club to play bad teams.

2: Division 1 clubs having their pool of teams possible to play causing outrageous search times and sometimes not finding a game at all.

3: If my club is D1 and lets say there are 700 possible clubs I can play against that are in D5 or higher and for instance we want to play 3's without a HUMAN G. Of those 700 clubs you have to think about how many of them are playing 3's but with one skater and HUMAN G. Some are playing 3's with a G. Some playing with only 2 skaters. Some are west coast. Some Europe. I didn't even mention 5's 6's 4's etc. If we want to set our search to EXACT SIZE EXACT LOCATION it ends up chopping that 700 clubs down to possibly 50 or 100. How many of those are on right now. 10? Let any division play any division back how it was back in the day. It has nothing to do with me wanting to play bad teams it's about finding a game. It's just a game. If kids don't want to play then they won't play or they will quit. Not the end of the world.

4: Player prestige levels being shown! This is insane. I get it, but what it does is cause people to leave because they don't like the prestige of the players they see in the lobby. In alot of EA games once you find a game you are locked in and you don't know much about your opponent other then their gamertag. Prestige should be hidden in the lobby there is no point in showing it. So many club games and drop-ins never begin because of people playing selective matchups.

Thoughts guys?

Replies

• Sounds like you want to scrub hunt without the first step.

You get to choose if you want a shorter search time by not setting everything to exact. Pros and Cons to everything. But to unleash Div 1 teams vs Div 8 teams just wouldnt be fair. Which as you said leads to people re-creating teams, but theres pros/cons to that if you care about your stats and leaderboard.
    EASHL player
  • Sneakler
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Sounds like you want to scrub hunt without the first step.

You get to choose if you want a shorter search time by not setting everything to exact. Pros and Cons to everything. But to unleash Div 1 teams vs Div 8 teams just wouldnt be fair. Which as you said leads to people re-creating teams, but theres pros/cons to that if you care about your stats and leaderboard.

Listen bud, I know it's just a game and I am not after any virtual respect. But if you go to the rankings and look at the club on top it is my club. We don't run from other high ranking teams and there are teams with similar records as us with 100 less points because of our strength of schedule and us not running from other top 100 clubs. If you arrived at thinking I want to play scrubs from what I wrote you are mistaken and confused. I just want to play and not sit there and search for games. If I wanted to play scrubs all the time I would remake my club constantly or join someone elses low division club so I could play scrubs.

The whole point was what is the point of protecting people from other people. It is just a game. If they don't want to play you they can back out which is totally fine. But when this all started 10 years ago any team could play any team regardless of being in ELITE/PRO/AMATEUR and it made for more games being played overall.

I despise people who scrub hunt and hearing someone say that while completely ignoring everything I wrote is just ridiculous. What ends up happening in the current format is us going to play drop-in games with a full team and steamrolling random groups of players that don't deserve it at all and they quit within 3 minutes of the game starting because the game is over already.

Also, I should mention. In NHL 10-13ish there was a mechanic in game called a "back-out penalty" where if you backed out in the pregame lobby you next game would count as a win but would not count towards your club points on the leaderboard to discourage scrub hunting for leaderboard climbing. They did get credit for their win if they only played scrubs but all that did was provide a team with a good record. I have always wished they put a shameful icon next to players names that seek weak matchups because shame is the best way to discourage bad behavior. If everyone you played knew in the pre-game lobby that you are a habitual back-out club people wouldn't do it. Plain and simple.
    Post edited by Sneakler on
  • Sneakler wrote: »
    Sounds like you want to scrub hunt without the first step.

Listen bud, I know it's just a game and I am not after any virtual respect. But if you go to the rankings and look at the club on top it is my club. We don't run from other high ranking teams and there are teams with similar records as us with 100 less points because of our strength of schedule and us not running from other top 100 clubs. If you arrived at thinking I want to play scrubs from what I wrote you are mistaken and confused. I just want to play and not sit there and search for games. If I wanted to play scrubs all the time I would remake my club constantly or join someone elses low division club so I could play scrubs.

The whole point was what is the point of protecting people from other people. It is just a game. If they don't want to play you they can back out which is totally fine. But when this all started 10 years ago any team could play any team regardless of being in ELITE/PRO/AMATEUR and it made for more games being played overall.

I despise people who scrub hunt and hearing someone say that while completely ignoring everything I wrote is just ridiculous. What ends up happening in the current format is us going to play drop-in games with a full team and steamrolling random groups of players that don't deserve it at all and they quit within 3 minutes of the game starting because the game is over already.

Also, I should mention. In NHL 10-13ish there was a mechanic in game called a "back-out penalty" where if you backed out in the pregame lobby you next game would count as a win but would not count towards your club points on the leaderboard to discourage scrub hunting for leaderboard climbing. They did get credit for their win if they only played scrubs but all that did was provide a team with a good record. I have always wished they put a shameful icon next to players names that seek weak matchups because shame is the best way to discourage bad behavior. If everyone you played knew in the pre-game lobby that you are a habitual back-out club people wouldn't do it. Plain and simple.

If you want competitive Club you should check out LeagueGaming.com and sign up for their NHL/AHL/CHL league or if you wanna compete with your club their esports 6s league where you bring your own team free entry with a $5,000 prize pool presented by Space Esports