EA Forums - Banner

Why is everything untradeable?

Almost anything you earn that has any value is untradeable. How are you suppose to bulid up to 300k+ pucks to be able to afford the players you really want? Like id rather sell and cash in the icons i got from trading up 50 trash recycled players and get to choose the player i want and buy it directly rather than have to take a long shot chance at a random card.

But i guess it was designed this way to force us to buy more packs...

Replies

• Pure greed.
  • Everything started becoming untradeable because people would farm multiple accounts and transfer rewards to a main account. It sucks buts it's the easiest way to prevent people from exploiting the system.
  • rogers2487 wrote: »
    Almost anything you earn that has any value is untradeable. How are you suppose to bulid up to 300k+ pucks to be able to afford the players you really want? Like id rather sell and cash in the icons i got from trading up 50 trash recycled players and get to choose the player i want and buy it directly rather than have to take a long shot chance at a random card.

But i guess it was designed this way to force us to buy more packs...

I haven't looked into all the sets yet, I generally didn't do many of the high end player sets and just sold off the collectibles and bought who I wanted on my team. I honestly don't get why people do the sets, you just slowly lose money every time you trade collectible A for collectible B and then for collectible C.

Now I guess they are forcing you to trade your own cards for collectibles in order to get the higher end cards. But I guess if they give you a choice of what to do with those collectibles you still can somewhat choose your player you want, you just have to go through about 5-10 sets of grinding to do so.
  • Ppl would exploit it with multiple accounts
  • With the addition of Squads, coins are much easier to accumulate. I've never had a bank this large and haven't even needed to play HUT Challenges except to close objectives.

I'm still seeing people on Mixer/Twitch running multipe teams so if that was a reason I don't think it's working very well.
  • @Jeff_frm_Edmonds dunno how long you've been playing HUt but back in NHL 13 or 14 you would get 40K for collecting a certain team, collect the reward, trade the whole team, collect, rinse and repeat. The market was so messed as a result of all the generated coins.

Then back in NHL 18 (I think) you would get crazy good pack rewards for completing the easiest of challenges, rinse and repeat.

Untradeable sucks but it's all for a good cause.
  • I miss the team collecting rewards.
  • @Jeff_frm_Edmonds dunno how long you've been playing HUt but back in NHL 13 or 14 you would get 40K for collecting a certain team, collect the reward, trade the whole team, collect, rinse and repeat. The market was so messed as a result of all the generated coins.

Then back in NHL 18 (I think) you would get crazy good pack rewards for completing the easiest of challenges, rinse and repeat.

Untradeable sucks but it's all for a good cause.

I like the untradable items and was only addressing the coin issue the OP mentioned. Personally, I don't think you should be able to trade any item you did not get in packs from the Store.
  • With the addition of Squads, coins are much easier to accumulate. I've never had a bank this large and haven't even needed to play HUT Challenges except to close objectives.

I'm still seeing people on Mixer/Twitch running multipe teams so if that was a reason I don't think it's working very well.
    It only makes sense running multiple accounts. It’s free coins. I’m not playing this year but I’m seeing plenty of people with multiple accounts and it pays off.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Swoops--73 wrote: »
    It only makes sense running multiple accounts. It’s free coins. I’m not playing this year but I’m seeing plenty of people with multiple accounts and it pays off.
    If you have a ton of free time and can play more than 4 games a day why not run multiple accounts and get double, triple the awards.