EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Fix AI logic and offsides

Taste-D-Rainbow
2489 posts Member
edited September 2019
Drives me bananas how many times a game I will try to enter the zone but my AI teammates are still offside.

Seems to be more frequent when you try to enter the zone around center ice, your offside teammate will actually hesitate to exit the zone like he gets stuck on something. I dunno if it is anticipation or something, whether the CPU thinks you're going to collide with it so it stops but get the hell back on side!

Replies

• Skaters are constantly trying to skate "through" other skaters and end up just pushing on each other. It's literally like there at 10 skaters on the ice totally unaware of where the other skaters are.
  • > @Taste-D-Rainbow said:
    > Drives me bananas how many times a game I will try to enter the zone but my AI teammates are still offside.
    >
    > Seems to be more frequent when you try to enter the zone around center ice, your offside teammate will actually hesitate to exit the zone like he gets stuck on something. I dunno if it is anticipation or something, whether the CPU thinks you're going to collide with it so it stops but get the hell back on side!

> @Confusion2000 said:
    > Skaters are constantly trying to skate "through" other skaters and end up just pushing on each other. It's literally like there at 10 skaters on the ice totally unaware of where the other skaters are.

To reduce the amount of potential scoring chances and keep scores closer.
  • TR4N23 wrote: »
    > @Taste-D-Rainbow said:
    > Drives me bananas how many times a game I will try to enter the zone but my AI teammates are still offside.
    >
    > Seems to be more frequent when you try to enter the zone around center ice, your offside teammate will actually hesitate to exit the zone like he gets stuck on something. I dunno if it is anticipation or something, whether the CPU thinks you're going to collide with it so it stops but get the hell back on side!

> @Confusion2000 said:
    > Skaters are constantly trying to skate "through" other skaters and end up just pushing on each other. It's literally like there at 10 skaters on the ice totally unaware of where the other skaters are.

To reduce the amount of potential scoring chances and keep scores closer.

Make goalies play like NHL-caliber goalies and then you'll get your closer scores. It's not rocket science, but EA wants to make it into that. There are so many things broken with this game series where EA is changing how the game plays in the wrong areas to attain a certain result.

You don't make offsides happen all the time in order to keep scores close. You improve the way the AI goalies play so they don't get glitch-goaled all the time by human players.