EA Forums - Banner

Where NHL 20 fails the most

jake19ny
688 posts Member
edited September 2019
There is a lot to like about NHL 20 and plenty to dislike. One of my biggest gripes is that the offense is overpowered this year. Wether it be offline or online it’s clear the game is geared towards a more arcade like high scoring type game. No greater evidence can be found than this:

During an online game I’m skating up the boards with little Johnny Gaudrau....my opponent perfectly timed his movements and drove me into the boards with the much bigger and more physical Dustin Byfuglien....not a body check just drove me into the boards. All that happened to lil Johnny was he slowed down. He never lost his balance and the puck was glued to his stick. I skated away continued up the ice freely, since Byfuglien was now out of the equation, and scored the go ahead goal and won the game.

This is so ridiculous. It defies physics and reality and is a poor representation of how hockey is played. I’m not wowed by much these days when it comes to this series but last year during the NHL 19 beta when that above described play happened the offensive player would lose a little balance and the puck would squirt loose. It looked and felt so organic I was excited to get NHL 19. One patch and tuner later it was gone. This year they went in the opposite and in my opinion the wrong direction.

Bring back legit realistic boats and body physics. Heck if a Dev can weigh and tell me what sliders, if any, handle this....at least I can have it in my offline game

Replies

• This franchise is not targeting hockey fans anymore. They are targeting video game fans with short attention spans that like flashy games. The player base will fizzle out in the next couple of years, just as it is bound to happen to Fortnite.

This is a hockey game. It should be targeting hockey fans for longevity and growing the franchise.
  • > @jake19ny said:
    > There is a lot to like about NHL 20 and plenty to dislike. One of my biggest gripes is that the offense is overpowered this year. Wether it be offline or online it’s clear the game is geared towards a more arcade like high scoring type game. No greater evidence can be found than this:
    >

I agree, defending seems impossible. HUT is worst since all defensive AI actions are completely turned off. Versus is a bit better but pass interceptions just don't work.. if you fail midfield trap then you're toast. It's just full offensive game this year.

Also:
    - Comp matchup is seriously broken... it's so much fun for casual gamer to end up against top100 players just because season does hard reset every week. And yes, divison games are officially dead.
    - Games take long and all these coin sinks (contracts) make sure that you can't forfeit a game because you actually lose coins. Or if you get a guy who loses his mind and throws puck over the glass, matches can last like 40 minutes.
    - Menu is so laggy and full of effects that my brain hurts