EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Prev13456711
clappy_NHL
posts EA Community Manager
edited October 1
Hello NHL Community,

The newest content update for NHL20 will be live tomorrow on October 1st! This includes newly revealed adidas jerseys, Franchise Mode updates as well as a fix for the HUT loop/desync.

Although we usually release a tuner around this time, we believe there is a consensus that the gameplay in NHL20 is in a good place so we don’t want to make any changes as of now. But there are a few areas we are monitoring and would like your feedback on:
  • Interceptions from behind
  • Inconsistency of low relative speed hits from console to console
  • Puck loss when pivoting at high speed

On top of this we’re investigating some users suggesting that the ping shown in-game is not matching their in-game HUT experience.

Please continue to voice your opinion on these and any other topics as we will continue to provide more gameplay and content updates throughout the year.

Thanks,
Clappy & The EA SPORTS NHL Dev Team

Here are the Content Update notes:

Gameplay

General
  • Added NHL 2019-2020 season rule change for puck out of bounds
  • When the attacking team is responsible for the puck going out of play in the attacking zone, in all instances, the face-off will be conducted at one of the two face-off dots in the attacking zone
  • Fixed a case where the player is sometimes unable to pick up the puck after a penalty shot in Threes

Physics
  • Fixed a case where players could get their limbs stuck in the net
  • Fixed multiple cases where the puck could go through the goalie’s pad
  • Improved cases where slap shots would be missed when taken near the boards

AI
  • Improved a case where the weakside defender would overcommit on an odd man rush allowing the puck carrier a breakaway
  • Fixed a case where AI players would start to accelerate when passed to without player input
Goalie

Various goalie animation fixes
  • Fixed cases where goalies were sometimes trying to perform controlled/redirect saves when the puck had a high chance of being deflected and would leave them more vulnerable than they should be
  • Improved goalie tracking when the puck is behind the net

Shooting
  • Improvements to shot angle selection logic for some rare cases
  • Improved cases where players on loose pucks would perform a snap shot when a slap shot would be expected
  • Fixed rare cases where one-timers would miss the puck completely

Presentation
  • Added ability to preview the play-of-the-period replays in action tracker
  • Various environment camera clipping fixes
  • Player lineup animation and camera improvements
  • Play-of-the-period/game animation and camera improvements
  • Various Play of the Game/Play of the Period selection logic fixes
  • Multiplayer hug improvements
  • Fixed cases where penalty replays in EASHL don’t show the penalty being taken

Franchise Mode
  • Added the season standings to the calendar screen
  • Added Auto Staff Setting that allows the CPU to assign scouts for the user team
  • Fixed an issue where Alumni Player’s Ages don’t show correctly in a fantasy draft in Franchise Mode
  • Fixed an issue where the PP and PK columns in Hire staff were reversed
  • Misc stability improvements

Art

NHL
  • Updated Nashville Predators Scoreboard
  • Center Ice Changes
  • Updated the following Center Ice layouts

AHL
  • Binghamton Senators
  • Canadian Hockey League
  • London Knights
  • Cape Breton Eagles

Uniforms

The following uniforms have been added to NHL 20:

NHL
  • Buffalo Sabres Alternate
  • Chicago Blackhawks Home and Away
  • Edmonton Oilers Alternate
  • Carolina Hurricanes Away
Canadian Hockey League
  • London Knights Home and Away
  • Tri-City Americans Home and Away
  • Cape Breton Eagles Home and Away

SHL
  • Farjestad BK Home and Away
  • HV71 Home and Away
  • Rogle BK Home and Away

Liiga
  • Mikkelin Jukurit Home and Away
  • Lahti Pelicans Home, Away and Alternate
  • Tappara Tampere Home, Away and Alternate

EBEL
  • Dornbirn Bulldogs Home and Away
  • EC Panaceo VSV Home and Away
  • EC-KAC Home and Away
  • EC Red Bull Salzburg Home and Away
  • EHC Liwest Blackwings Linz Home and Away
  • Hydro Fehervar AV19 Home and Away
  • HC TWK Innsbruck Home and Away
  • Graz 99ers Home and Away
  • SPUSU Vienna Capitals Home and Away

HUT

General
  • Fixed a desync issue which was causing the opening faceoff to loop in some Online Games
  • Fixed an issue where players could see their opponent’s PSN ID/Gamertag before loading into a Competitive Seasons/HUT Champs games
  • Fixed an issue where Goalie Mask items may have become invisible when navigating the Apply Consumable screen
  • Fixed some issues where items may have not been properly revealed in Choice Packs

Squad Battles
  • Save last-used difficulty as default (complete games only)
  • Now display ‘Possible Points’ for each opponent as difficulty is selected

World of CHEL

Improvements
  • Having heard the community feedback, we are reducing the requirements for the World of Chel weekly challenge card. Now, user will only need to complete a reduced number of the 5 columns to earn that week’s Special Reward.
  • Added a link to Edit Player from the Recent Items screen so the user doesn’t have to manually back out and enter the flow from the WoC HUB
  • Added the ability to have EA Custom Stock Team Branding uniforms be equipped by clubs. Stay tuned throughout the year for future uniform releases that can be earned by clubs through hockey bags.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the current leader in Ones was not displaying correctly after the user has won the final Ones Eliminator round
  • Fixed an issue where we display the wrong error message if a club is in a Threes Eliminator dressing room, and the session falls below the minimum users
  • Reskinned the “Waiting for All Users to Resume” screen that comes after the pause menu so that the text is more legible
  • Fixed various clipping issues and enabled several additional goalie intro animations that previously had clipping issues
  • Fixed a failed to retrieve data issue that could occur when trying to enter any Dressing Room without the Lead Profile
  • Fixed an issue where a user could crash upon another user closing the game while loading into gameplay
  • Fixed a timing issue where desnyc’s could occur when a Player Class Tuning file or a Gameplay Tuner Set upload happens while games are about to get underway from the Dressing Room
  • Fixed an issue where very long club names could overlap each other in the dressing room after matching up in a clubs game

Post edited by EA_Roger on

Replies

  • Froommey
    676 posts Member
    edited September 30
    Added season standings to calender screen ? It means we can open the past games at the calender to look for the statistics there ? Why do you not open the option that NHL/AHL Goalies can wear the CHL goalie masks ? We would have more options to dress Goalies more individual
  • Please for the love of God FIX one timer aim!. It got changed for some stupid reason to be aimed where ever you were aiming the left stick the first time you click up on the right stick. Change it back to where you are aiming with the left stick when the shot is released please
  • Froommey
    676 posts Member
    edited September 30
    If you do not want to change the gameplay, you maybe could work for graphic details like new Goalie masks, new Equipment, Player likenesses, to add images ( missing many Skandinavian, CHL, AHL ) to all Players. All the small bugs of the game. How could it be that many Veterans head their first career Goal ? It is a bug which is now in since many years.
  • Really good update. Now just make sure the server delay is fixed and nhl 20 might be the best game you guys have produce in many years.
  • No word on when or if the entire WHL new jerseys will be added? Saskatoon Blades have flawed jerseys since they switched them back to the Pac-Man jerseys... Which was like 5 years ago... How do you guys manage to have the same mistakes if like you guys claim right after one game comes out your working on next years? Seems like a copy and paste issues to me...

    Also sticking with the Saskatoon Blades... The goalie helmet is still the old logo and not the Pac-Man logo
  • If uniforms are going to be added for clubs to customize in the future can we get socks that match the jerseys? Still missing the socks to match the Adidas jersey added in last year.
  • Can we have the ability t skip end of game replays?
  • clappy_NHL wrote: »
    Hello NHL Community,

    The newest content update for NHL20 will be live tomorrow on October 1st! This includes newly revealed adidas jerseys, Franchise Mode updates as well as a fix for the HUT loop/desync.

    Although we usually release a tuner around this time, we believe there is a consensus that the gameplay in NHL20 is in a good place so we don’t want to make any changes as of now. But there are a few areas we are monitoring and would like your feedback on:

    Interceptions from behind

    Inconsistency of low relative speed hits from console to console

    Puck loss when pivoting at high speed


    On top of this we’re investigating some users suggesting that the ping shown in-game is not matching their in-game HUT experience.

    Please continue to voice your opinion on these and any other topics as we will continue to provide more gameplay and content updates throughout the year.

    Thanks,
    Clappy & The EA SPORTS NHL Dev Team

    Here are the Content Update notes:

    Gameplay

    General

    Added NHL 2019-2020 season rule change for puck out of bounds

    When the attacking team is responsible for the puck going out of play in the attacking zone, in all instances, the face-off will be conducted at one of the two face-off dots in the attacking zone

    Fixed a case where the player is sometimes unable to pick up the puck after a penalty shot in Threes

    Physics

    Fixed a case where players could get their limbs stuck in the net

    Fixed multiple cases where the puck could go through the goalie’s pad

    Improved cases where slap shots would be missed when taken near the boards

    AI

    Improved a case where the weakside defender would overcommit on an odd man rush allowing the puck carrier a breakaway

    Fixed a case where AI players would start to accelerate when passed to without player input

    Goalie

    Various goalie animation fixes

    Fixed cases where goalies were sometimes trying to perform controlled/redirect saves when the puck had a high chance of being deflected and would leave them more vulnerable than they should be

    Improved goalie tracking when the puck is behind the net

    Shooting

    Improvements to shot angle selection logic for some rare cases

    Improved cases where players on loose pucks would perform a snap shot when a slap shot would be expected

    Fixed rare cases where one-timers would miss the puck completely

    Presentation

    Added ability to preview the play-of-the-period replays in action tracker

    Various environment camera clipping fixes

    Player lineup animation and camera improvements

    Play-of-the-period/game animation and camera improvements

    Various Play of the Game/Play of the Period selection logic fixes

    Multiplayer hug improvements

    Fixed cases where penalty replays in EASHL don’t show the penalty being taken

    Franchise Mode

    Added the season standings to the calendar screen

    Added Auto Staff Setting that allows the CPU to assign scouts for the user team

    Fixed an issue where Alumni Player’s Ages don’t show correctly in a fantasy draft in Franchise Mode

    Fixed an issue where the PP and PK columns in Hire staff were reversed

    Misc stability improvements


    Art

    NHL

    Updated Nashville Predators Scoreboard

    Center Ice Changes

    Updated the following Center Ice layouts

    AHL

    Binghamton Senators

    Canadian Hockey League

    London Knights

    Cape Breton Eagles


    Uniforms


    The following uniforms have been added to NHL 20

    NHL

    Buffalo Sabres Alternate

    Chicago Blackhawks Home and Away

    Edmonton Oilers Alternate

    Carolina Hurricanes Away


    Canadian Hockey League


    London Knights Home and Away

    Tri-City Americans Home and Away

    Cape Breton Eagles Home and Away

    SHL

    Farjestad BK Home and Away

    HV71 Home and Away

    Rogle BK Home and Away


    Liiga

    Mikkelin Jukurit Home and Away

    Lahti Pelicans Home, Away and Alternate

    Tappara Tampere Home, Away and Alternate

    EBEL

    Dornbirn Bulldogs Home and Away

    EC Panaceo VSV Home and Away

    EC-KAC Home and Away

    EC Red Bull Salzburg Home and Away

    EHC Liwest Blackwings Linz Home and Away

    Hydro Fehervar AV19 Home and Away

    HC TWK Innsbruck Home and Away

    Graz 99ers Home and Away

    SPUSU Vienna Capitals Home and Away


    HUT

    General

    Fixed a desync issue which was causing the opening faceoff to loop in some Online Games

    Fixed an issue where players could see their opponent’s PSN ID/Gamertag before loading into a Competitive Seasons/HUT Champs games

    Fixed an issue where Goalie Mask items may have become invisible when navigating the Apply Consumable screen

    Fixed some issues where items may have not been properly revealed in Choice Packs


    Squad Battles

    Save last-used difficulty as default (complete games only)

    Now display ‘Possible Points’ for each opponent as difficulty is selected


    World of CHEL


    Improvements

    Having heard the community feedback, we are reducing the requirements for the World of Chel weekly challenge card. Now, user will only need to complete a reduced number of the 5 columns to earn that week’s Special Reward.

    Added a link to Edit Player from the Recent Items screen so the user doesn’t have to manually back out and enter the flow from the WoC HUB

    Added the ability to have EA Custom Stock Team Branding uniforms be equipped by clubs. Stay tuned throughout the year for future uniform releases that can be earned by clubs through hockey bags.

    Bug Fixes

    Fixed an issue where the current leader in Ones was not displaying correctly after the user has won the final Ones Eliminator round

    Fixed an issue where we display the wrong error message if a club is in a Threes Eliminator dressing room, and the session falls below the minimum users

    Reskinned the “Waiting for All Users to Resume” screen that comes after the pause menu so that the text is more legible

    Fixed various clipping issues and enabled several additional goalie intro animations that previously had clipping issues

    Fixed a failed to retrieve data issue that could occur when trying to enter any Dressing Room without the Lead Profile

    Fixed an issue where a user could crash upon another user closing the game while loading into gameplay

    Fixed a timing issue where desnyc’s could occur when a Player Class Tuning file or a Gameplay Tuner Set upload happens while games are about to get underway from the Dressing Room

    Fixed an issue where very long club names could overlap each other in the dressing room after matching up in a clubs game

    Also if it isn't the Clapperton? Miss your video's bud. Hope all is well working for EA man.
  • Back skate should be nerfed to the ground. Plain and simple.

    Low speed hits “shoves” to the back in open ice shouldn’t be how they were in 19. However, when against the boards it don’t take much to separate the puck from the puck carrier the NHL. So lower end speed hits should be stronger along the boards to encourage passing and consequence for not moving the puck. Currently players won’t take the hit and bounce off of it and still maintain possession of the puck.
  • So no tuner and you want feedback on the topics that are covering the first 2 pages of the forums? I can't even fake surprise anymore.
  • Froommey wrote: »
    Added season standings to calender screen ? It means we can open the past games at the calender to look for the statistics there ?

    What on earth makes you think that? They just added season standings to the calendar screen...
  • Thank god those hug issues were addressed!!

    ...........
  • So the Hawks will get their new collar fixed but not the Flyers letters and numbers font?
  • RSall14
    514 posts Member
    edited October 1
    Passing power needs to be looked at, it's inconsistent. Same charged pass can come out stronger/weaker for no reason, this happens with one touch passes as well. I was hoping to see a fix for being locked into the one timer animation as it is egregious. Every pass that is picked off being sent for a one timer locks the player into an animation. This isn't hyperbole, the game literally locks you in every single time. For example, LW cuts off the left boards and tries throwing it down to the RD but it gets picked off, now my RD is stuck in an animation and it gives the other team a free breakaway.
  • @clappy_NHL will this patch finally let us use a small scoreboard in the corner in world of chel?
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    So no tuner and you want feedback on the topics that are covering the first 2 pages of the forums? I can't even fake surprise anymore.

  • I got a get in the game penalty in my match just because I quick came on this forum during my match. :)
  • I'm just happy that we're getting an update already. I really hope they can be more consistent this year with fixing issues those have about this game.
  • Steven5470
    223 posts Member
    edited October 1
    How about that about that annoying flashing power play logo that will probably give someone seizures??

    This really gets me: "...we believe there is a consensus that the gameplay in NHL20 is in a good place". Huh? Who did you ask? Your developer? Like the one post said, there are 2 pages talking about game play issues. There goes listening to the community.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!