EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 wishlist.

Replies

• Oh, I forget the REAL-TIME presentation, don't go back to the old school arcade "karate" chase camera angles.

It was awful in 90s so not sure who thought it's a good idea for modern hockey videogame?

Who thought this whole game would be good ,it's awful and until we get people who actually know about hockey it will never be in a good place ....nice to see you on here once again

Hah thanks, let's see how long I can stay.

Greetings from sunny Prague :)
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Oh, I forget the REAL-TIME presentation, don't go back to the old school arcade "karate" chase camera angles.

It was awful in 90s so not sure who thought it's a good idea for modern hockey videogame?

Who thought this whole game would be good ,it's awful and until we get people who actually know about hockey it will never be in a good place ....nice to see you on here once again

Hah thanks, let's see how long I can stay.

Greetings from sunny Prague :)

Nice hope all is well there ....still remember you saying that this game was heading in a not so good direction and boy you were so right
  • Starmen01
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Just finished reading some of these ideas. There some great ideas on here for NHL21.

Here are some ideas I have for NHL21: (Some ideas may have already been mention, so if mention the same idea again, it because I agree with the idea and thinks it needs to be added)

Create A Team Mode

- Allow us to create a new team for the AHL

Franchise Mode

- Please add the ECHL to franchise mode (So, we can move players between NHL, AHL and ECHL)
    - Allow us to substitute AHL teams with custom created teams (like we can for NHL teams)
    - Allow us relocate our AHL team to a new location (if the team owned by the NHL franchise)
    - Allow us to resign our AHL affiliation to a new deal or pick a new affiliation (when we want a new AHL team to work with)
    - Please add "Assistant GM" to the Staff list (So, we can replace or fire the man under our "GMs")

Franchise Mode - Expansion

- Allow us or current NHL teams, to offer trades to our custom team, while we are doing the expansion draft and picking players (like when Las Vegas did their draft in real life)

General improves ideas
    - Add a new option in settings to allow us to choose where we want the scoreboard to be displayed (top, bottom or side)
    - Add a 5 or 10 min warm up session for users to exercise their players before the game

Thanks

*Updated 4/13 - Add more ideas
    Post edited by Starmen01 on
  • Oh, I forget the REAL-TIME presentation, don't go back to the old school arcade "karate" chase camera angles.

Better than the “literal bat sitting in the rafters with the scoreboard blocking the view of the net were supposed to be looking at” angles we had in 15-19 on this gen lol. The presentation on this generation has been awfully disappointing to put it in a mild way...
  • djneohockey
    732 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Yeah and it's not even that hard to do the presentation right, from a producer stand point.

You just have to "feel it", watch a lot of broadcast of hockey, make some screens, notes and do the job properly.

This really is not rocket science.

Also, is that wannabe "dancing" before the games something that you guys really want?

I'm mean is watching your hockey avatar doing moves like this makes you feel pumped for the game?

Because it makes me want to throw the controller to the television, personally.

And Im a actually a person that loves the art of dance and love to dance in rw, just not like that and not in anything related to hockey.

It kinda makes me feel uncomfortable, really.

Not to mention that to implement such a "feature" costs money (you have to hire a dancer, do motion capture etc etc) and quite a lot production time that could and should be used somewhere else.
  • Bring back a realistic broadcast package. The one we have now is way too arcadey. And just put the scoreboard back on top, please.
  • First and foremost would be cross-platform capability. Fans can play seasons on-line regardless of system. Would be a big upgrade and bring more group play together.
  • Cross platform would be great but only if Sony can solve the problem of booting which I'm reading on Reddit can be done in the PS4
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Reminder that this topic is an NHL 21 wishlist. If there's any features or changes you want to see in future titles please post them here. Try to keep personal off-topic remarks reserved for a separate post so we maintain the current direction this topic is going in which makes it more easily digestible for the NHL team.

Thank you.
  • Starmen01
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Bring back a realistic broadcast package. The one we have now is way too arcadey. And just put the scoreboard back on top, please.

I agree MaxPac67 with you. I miss having the scoreboard on the top.
  • BodyBags0000
    288 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    1. Nerf size and puck control
    2. Improve the AI’s logic for positioning, man to man coverage and how well it reads the play forward on both offence and defence.
    3. Divisions/ranks and overall better matchmaking for online versus. Also I’ve spammed the team tiers (like in fifa) on every list I’ve seen here so I really hope you could get this in...
    4. I’d really like to see some weekend tournaments like hut champs for versus. At least something more than a mindless leaderboard/cr grind.
    5. Kick for idle on hut and versus.
    6. Fix the buggy and weird animations when using L2/LT. At least do something so it isn’t so easily exploitable (please actually fix it not just slider buffs/nerfs). It’s probably the most broken mechanic in the game and it’s still all over competitive gameplay
    7. GM connected :DDFF
    Post edited by BodyBags0000 on
  • Can we just get user sliders to effect AI teammates in be a pro. That's all I want.

And don't say that they already do. Start a be a pro goalie and set user speed and acceleration to 100. Then set CPU speed and acceleration to 0. Then come on here and tell me the user sliders actually effect your AI teammates
  • AI needs to be improved for goalies, especially online.
    Goalie mask editor
    Better AI for offline non controlled players that can read the plays better.
    Better gear in chel with colour option editing for the clothes
    Focus on the game and not making as much money as possible!!!
  • Go back to the start of 19 the game was almost perfect , until you made so many changes and ruined it ,and for versus can you please add the ability to save your strats
  • deconmetal
    1 posts New member
    EASHL:

- GM can make general club settings for strategies etc. - it is quiet annoying that you have to change the settings every single game
    - Practise mode (just like offline) with your EASHL Player (maybe even with teammates)
    - wingers and defenders can swap sides ingame via tactics (i.e. for powerplay)
    - make the goalies stick side better OR alternate between right and left handed AI-goalies (home and away i.e.). Those shots from the high slot, escpecially from right handed players, go in over the stick waaay too often and easy.

These points would improve the gaming experiance an the fun quite a lot and should be not too hard to implement

Also would be very nice:

- Customizeable goalie masks - that would be sick!
    - customize not only the color of AI-goalies gear but also the type of gear
    - can use individual diagonal letterings as club logo (i. e. like on the old avalanche alternate jersey)
    - Maybe a second alternate jersey

Then there is one other wish, even if I know it is not realistic:

PLEASE no more hockey bags. This randomnes is so frustrating if you want a specific item or logo for your club... the old system was so much more fun when you knew you have to score i. e. 500 goals for the Jagr salute.

Other than that I really love this game and especially the EASHL mode so keep up the good work!

Oh, and I got one more question... will crossplaying between XBox and PS be a thing in the near future?

Kind regards
  • My wish is an online season mode where you can actually play an 82 game season against other players online and try to make the playoffs and win the stanley cup.. real trade offers...real injuries...real free agent signings.. that would be the most amazing and best thing this game could ever do. I would never stop playing this game if I had that option. It doesn't have to be the team you selected real schedule, but to have some type of meaningful game in online VS would be hands down pehenominal.
    And people who dont like HUT can do that instead and get a more realistic experience.
  • vignol91 wrote: »
    Can we just get user sliders to effect AI teammates in be a pro. That's all I want.

And don't say that they already do. Start a be a pro goalie and set user speed and acceleration to 100. Then set CPU speed and acceleration to 0. Then come on here and tell me the user sliders actually effect your AI teammates

That’s one of those CPU “boosts” that apparently doesn’t exist but totally does. I too wish for consistency in the sliders. I want every game to “feel” the same when I haven’t touched a slider. That currently doesn’t happen and it’s very frustrating.
  • I think the biggest thing ea needs to do with NHL is an overhaul of the career mode. The career mode has been the same basic bear bones mode basically since it came out, for the most part they haven't changed it at all. EA needs to do what they did with franchise mode last year and completely update it. The career mode has become boring and repetitive. They should add more of a story mode to it like maddens face of the franchise or the NBA 2k career mode. NHL career mode has been left on the side for a while completely forgotten while ea added to the madden and fifa game modes, now they need to implement the changes from those games to NHL.
    One of the biggest things that would add to the career mode would be non-league games, such as world juniors, world championships, Olympics, and the all star game. I think it would be so great if when you are in junior you could make your countries world junior team if you were good enough. I know right now in junior they have the top prospects game but you are basically guaranteed to make that and it's basically just a normal game where as world juniors is would be special. Also, once you make it to the NHL it would great to play in the world championships if your team isn't in the playoffs, or play in the all-star game if you've earned it. Also, Olympics or the hockey world cup would be nice to.
    I think EA basically just needs to make the career mode much more immersive and more of an experience by adding more decisions and things you can do along your career rather than basically making it about just playing the games. If EA modeled the NHL career mode off of Madden 20 face of the franchise, making it more of a story mode, I think that would be perfect.
  • It would be nice if they add KHL and some European arenas!! it's a shame that after more than 20 years they never added the KHL deal with it!
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    It would be nice if they add KHL and some European arenas!! it's a shame that after more than 20 years they never added the KHL deal with it!

The KHL was in the game back around NHL 09. However, due to not having the licensing rights for them, they can't be included currently.