EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Slot Defender Positioning issue

This feels like a new issue in NHL 20. I don't remember ever seeing this as obvious as I do now.

This happens when your opponent is on a clean rush into your d-zone. Your defenders are doing their back-skate collapsing towards the goalie just like they are supposed to do in order to prevent a cross-crease pass. All of a sudden for no reason your defender will stop and/or lurch forward away from the goalie which allows an uncontested cross-crease pass resulting in a goal to happen. Of course your other skaters that are collapsing will skate into this skater which basically prevents them from breaking up the pass too.

I don't think a day goes by without seeing this happen at least a few times. What gives EA?

Replies

• Ya I'm kinda left dumbfounded when that happens- frustrating
  • Yep, and seeing it all too often. Just another reason to walk away.
  • Ha, was just about to post this same thing. I do not understand why the defender just stops. It is so frustrating. Some dude just scored 3 goals on me when it was a simple two on two and my AI weak side defender just stops leaving a wide open easy cross crease pass.
  • Yes absolutely correct in my opinion I think it's done on purpose , because it's just not one game it's every game
  • Yes absolutely correct in my opinion I think it's done on purpose , because it's just not one game it's every game

The EA Force is strong on this one for sure. This game would be so much better if your AI just played sound ALL of the time. It's not like we can control all six players on the ice at the same time, so it would be nice to know that your "other 5" will act right at least.

The EA Force is strong on this one for sure. This game would be so much better if your AI just played sound ALL of the time. It's not like we can control all six players on the ice at the same time, so it would be nice to know that your "other 5" will act right at least.

Right on point,in certain places on the ice they're great but on other's as mentioned in the op they become brain dead ,but have you noticed when a player goes afk the ai plays like it's on speed