EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Can't speak enough on this...

Confusion2000
137 posts Member
edited October 2019
How can I play this game at the same time for an hour or two on the same days with the exact same connection quality to the servers (40-42ms FLAT line) and have two random days of perfect crispy gameplay (wins AND losses) and then have a few random days of TERRIBLE LAGGY gameplay (DNFs, DISCs, and a very uncommon game that gets played out fully)???????

I'll say it again....SAME 40-42ms connection with a FLAT LINE!!!! for every single game!! every single day!!

Did I mention that the connection is the same all of the time?

And why doesn't anybody at EA ever comment on this?? I know I'm not the only one having this problem.

When the game actually works properly it's a blast. Why is this still a problem since NHL 15??

[Socair - edited profanity short hand]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• Did you set up the ports on your router?
  • marz_2005 wrote: »
    Did you set up the ports on your router?

Haha, that's a good one.
  • darkop28
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    How can I play this game at the same time for an hour or two on the same days with the exact same connection quality to the servers (40-42ms FLAT line) and have two random days of perfect crispy gameplay (wins AND losses) and then have a few random days of TERRIBLE LAGGY gameplay (DNFs, DISCs, and a very uncommon game that gets played out fully)???????

I'll say it again....SAME 40-42ms connection with a FLAT LINE!!!! for every single game!! every single day!!

Did I mention that the connection is the same all of the time?

And why doesn't anybody at EA ever comment on this?? I know I'm not the only one having this problem.

When the game actually works properly it's a blast. Why is this still a problem since NHL 15??

[Socair - edited profanity short hand]

Because your connection speed has nothing to do with it. There is a very good reason why EA does not comment on this. I like to play offline as am tired of having to listen to little kids whine. My connection is always the same as well, even with new router I experience the same problems which have been constant since NHL 2015.
  • I would check to see if your network provider does bandwidth throttling.
  • It's a combination of not only your connection but your opponents connection, and how well you connect with eachother and EA. So there's far too many variables that just your connection. Also they are not under your control or EAs control so very little can be done about it. Yes EA dont give a dam and puts no effort into making it better but at a certain point they don't have full control over it either.
  • rogers2487 wrote: »
    It's a combination of not only your connection but your opponents connection, and how well you connect with eachother and EA. So there's far too many variables that just your connection. Also they are not under your control or EAs control so very little can be done about it. Yes EA dont give a dam and puts no effort into making it better but at a certain point they don't have full control over it either.

I kind of follow that, BUT when my connection to the server is always the same latency with a flat line then what other variables could even come into play? My speeds are always over 400/20meg on any given day, aside from rare days where there is no connection altogether. It's always all or nothing, no in between either.
    It's a combination of not only your connection but your opponents connection, and how well you connect with eachother and EA. So there's far too many variables that just your connection. Also they are not under your control or EAs control so very little can be done about it. Yes EA dont give a dam and puts no effort into making it better but at a certain point they don't have full control over it either.

I kind of follow that, BUT when my connection to the server is always the same latency with a flat line then what other variables could even come into play? My speeds are always over 400/20meg on any given day, aside from rare days where there is no connection altogether. It's always all or nothing, no in between either.

Far as I know, the connection display you are seeing is only yours to EA servers. It does not indicate anything while taking your opponent into consideration.

Also, far as I know, if you play 6s (which is 12 players) then everyone's connection is only as good as the worst one of the 12 people connected.

I am by far no expert on the matter.

Far as I know, the connection display you are seeing is only yours to EA servers. It does not indicate anything while taking your opponent into consideration.

Also, far as I know, if you play 6s (which is 12 players) then everyone's connection is only as good as the worst one of the 12 people connected.

Ok, so if my internet stats are always the same to the server, then the game is supposed to feel exactly the same to me each time I play it. I'm no expert either, but that's my line of thinking here. If I'm on a server and my opponent is on the same server then his connection should have no bearing on what it feels like on my end, unlike P2P. We all know that the game plays so randomly different from game to game, and that suggests that there is something being introduced artificially in the game.

Once again, I'm no expert here, but something is just wonky all the time.

Ok, so if my internet stats are always the same to the server, then the game is supposed to feel exactly the same to me each time I play it. I'm no expert either, but that's my line of thinking here. If I'm on a server and my opponent is on the same server then his connection should have no bearing on what it feels like on my end, unlike P2P. We all know that the game plays so randomly different from game to game, and that suggests that there is something being introduced artificially in the game.

If your ms is between 10-20 game feels like butter. Anything higher is going to feel slow or delayed. (In my experience)

I'm in new york and so far have been very lucky with my connection. What I noticed is the longer the search takes the higher the chance to be moved to a different server and have higher ping. I dont have anything to back that up but when I get into a game within 10-15 seconds the connection is golden.

I don't think so. I think all it confirms is your connection to the EA server is constant. The only variable left is your opponent. Therefore, I have to assume it is your opponent that changes how the game feels seeing how your ping is always the same.

Hey, I am no expert as I said earlier and I could be wrong. I am just going off of common sense here and could be totally wrong.

But I agree, something definitely feels wonky and it happens very frequently.