EA Forums - Banner

Should I sell Icon Lemieux?

jjb
48 posts Member
As the title states. As much as I love Lemieux I'm just wondering if I should just sell him for the 700-800k and just save it for a 99 card or something better

Replies

• monz
    958 posts Member
    That all depends on your preference as cards go up in overall his will depreciate unlike the 99 legend from last year
  • I don't think I have seen any active bids on either Great or Super cards on Xbox. Not sure how many have 1 million in coin at the moment but I still think the better value is buying up 600 basic golds for <1K and rolling for the collectables.

Between the reward packs in Squads, Event challenges and the September Collectable Sets and rerolling sweaters and other items my 91 Great & 90 Roy has cost me less than 500K in the house.
  • jjb
    48 posts Member
    Ya I'd probably unload it for like 700. Honestly probably grab that 89 primetime Kuch and sit on the other 400k until something else comes up. Probably just gonna keep tryna roll that 400k into more
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    I don't think I have seen any active bids on either Great or Super cards on Xbox. Not sure how many have 1 million in coin at the moment but I still think the better value is buying up 600 basic golds for <1K and rolling for the collectables.

Between the reward packs in Squads, Event challenges and the September Collectable Sets and rerolling sweaters and other items my 91 Great & 90 Roy has cost me less than 500K in the house.

You think there better value in spending 600K on an untradable card???

You and me sir have totally different views on value!

I wouldn't waste one coin an untradable card, i can't believe how many have fallen for these untradeable legends. I turn everything i get into coin and buy the players i want.

Legends will be useless in 2 months, you'll have to pour a boatload more coins to turn them into gold legends. By that time the regular legends will be dirt cheap. Blows my mind!
  • I would unload it and hoard the coins. I’ve been selling any card 84 and up while their price is high and just hoarding coins to build a better team down the road. The difference between 83 and 89 is marginal anyway. Although I have a lot of unsellable 85 to 91 cards to round my team out anyway.

The money you make on him now can get you 3-4 93-95 players later on
  • monz wrote: »
    I don't think I have seen any active bids on either Great or Super cards on Xbox. Not sure how many have 1 million in coin at the moment but I still think the better value is buying up 600 basic golds for <1K and rolling for the collectables.

You think there better value in spending 600K on an untradable card???

You and me sir have totally different views on value!

I wouldn't waste one coin an untradable card, i can't believe how many have fallen for these untradeable legends. I turn everything i get into coin and buy the players i want.

Legends will be useless in 2 months, you'll have to pour a boatload more coins to turn them into gold legends. By that time the regular legends will be dirt cheap. Blows my mind!

Yep. We do. I don't value a game outside the enjoyment I get from it and I have got more than my money's worth over the years playing this game.

I play HUT to play with the legends and make a fantasy team of my favorite players. Coins I earn go to buy players to roll in the sets and so on. I will have 'won' the game when I can roll out a lineup of all Master Icons or as close to the 1970s & 80s All-star teams as I can get. I have found the house to be a useful tool this season but still not anything I care to be active in. I prefer sets and packs and letting the chips fall as they may.

Surprise, disappointment and the excitement when you land something you do want is why I play.
  • jjb wrote: »
    As the title states. As much as I love Lemieux I'm just wondering if I should just sell him for the 700-800k and just save it for a 99 card or something better

I would hold on to him until all this about people losing their coins gets cleared up I'm holding my coins for movember ,and I just saw on Reddit that EA is wiping accounts with over 1 mill..so I'm a little nervous about that .. maybe a Dev can come in here and shed some light on what's going on

I would hold on to him until all this about people losing their coins gets cleared up I'm holding my coins for movember ,and I just saw on Reddit that EA is wiping accounts with over 1 mill..so I'm a little nervous about that .. maybe a Dev can come in here and shed some light on what's going on

can you link that post?
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Yup I got mine wiped and a 7 day ban from the auction house. Didn’t know it was against the rules to purchase coins, specially since it’s advertised all over guys YouTube channels, figured it’s the norm. Guess not. Lesson learned. However I’ve purchased ALOT of packs as well. Guess that doesn’t matter to EA. I was hoping to get the ban lifted so I can at least collect daily challenges to get my October cards. See what happens, if not I’m done buying packs.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    prack7 wrote: »
    Yup I got mine wiped and a 7 day ban from the auction house. Didn’t know it was against the rules to purchase coins, specially since it’s advertised all over guys YouTube channels, figured it’s the norm. Guess not. Lesson learned. However I’ve purchased ALOT of packs as well. Guess that doesn’t matter to EA. I was hoping to get the ban lifted so I can at least collect daily challenges to get my October cards. See what happens, if not I’m done buying packs.

Ouch!
  • prack7 wrote: »

It has always been the case. All the sites selling coins are not accepted by EA. If they catch you, you’re banned.

Ya I'd probably unload it for like 700. Honestly probably grab that 89 primetime Kuch and sit on the other 400k until something else comes up. Probably just gonna keep tryna roll that 400k into more

If you don’t like Lemieux, yes sell it right away to get as much coin as you can.

That Kucherov card is good, but probably not worth 300K. I have it and unless you’re a big fan and want him on your team, I wouldn’t suggest it. I don’t think it is worth that much (My opinion), maybe more 250k or lower. There’s just a lack of high overall players right now so they are overpriced.

And finally, I don’t believe that EA is planning to release cards near 96 or overs for a little while. If you check the milestone for daily rewards, they give you a 96 overall icon and there’s about 200 hundred days from now until most people get it. If there’s some higher cards, they will probably be Players of the Year cards and the Fantasy Cards. It was one of the critics that they received, that by Christmas the game was saturated with 99 overall cards and people would stop playing and loose interest. I might be wrong but everything seems to point that way even the Fantasy Cards starts pretty low so that they don’t get to 99 to quick.

• monz
    958 posts Member
    jjb wrote: »

If you don’t like Lemieux, yes sell it right away to get as much coin as you can.

That Kucherov card is good, but probably not worth 300K. I have it and unless you’re a big fan and want him on your team, I wouldn’t suggest it. I don’t think it is worth that much (My opinion), maybe more 250k or lower. There’s just a lack of high overall players right now so they are overpriced.

And finally, I don’t believe that EA is planning to release cards near 96 or overs for a little while. If you check the milestone for daily rewards, they give you a 96 overall icon and there’s about 200 hundred days from now until most people get it. If there’s some higher cards, they will probably be Players of the Year cards and the Fantasy Cards. It was one of the critics that they received, that by Christmas the game was saturated with 99 overall cards and people would stop playing and loose interest. I might be wrong but everything seems to point that way even the Fantasy Cards starts pretty low so that they don’t get to 99 to quick.

Just like last year players are getting limited to a 2 overall per month bump. Meaning you wont see a 91 Kucherov until he gets a inform in November/93 in December and so fourth. Only exception to date are the fantasy cards
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    monz wrote: »
    jjb wrote: »

Just like last year players are getting limited to a 2 overall per month bump. Meaning you wont see a 91 Kucherov until he gets a inform in November/93 in December and so fourth. Only exception to date are the fantasy cards

For Current players, that is still the same. The 99 overflow were the legends to easy to get.
  • I'd say sell for coins but his card is a beast. Easily my best scorer.
  • jjb
    48 posts Member
    Was very much a beast but I got 725k for him and have other good players already anyways. Loving my pt panarin, totw Mathews, and pt Mantha line. It's beast. Also I do have regular Kuch so will probably wait as he is already crazy good. Was my first pull at the beginning of the year and he's pretty close to a 1point per game pace.
  • jjb
    48 posts Member
    prack7 wrote: »

Funny enough this happened to me just a few days ago lmao. Had no clue why I was banned. Wasn't able to sell the card until like 2 days ago