EA Forums - Banner

Really dumb HUT challenges

Eldur74
34 posts Member
edited October 2019
So, today's weekday HUT challenge for the leaders set is to get 10 hits on Semi-Pro with 1 minute periods, on an international ice surface.
Anybody else thinks that it's just plain dumb?
I get HUT challenges are meant to be challenging (sometimes) but this is just stupid. This is not a challenge that enforces you to play actual hockey. It's a challenge that forces you to turn the puck over as soon as you touch it (funny how hard it is to get the computer to actually steal the puck when you actually want them to have it...). It's the epitome of anti hockey.
Is there a way we can NOT have stupid challenges like that in the future ? Because as it is, the only real challenge here is to not stab yourself in the eyes over how dumb having to turn the puck over for an entire game is.
I don't have a problem with the daily mission for hits that pop sometimes, because those can be had easy playing on superstar, where the computer actually touches the puck sometimes and the hits just happen during the regular course of the game. But these challenges ? More boring than watching someone watch paint dry.

Replies

• Agree, tried 5 times, only get 7 hits in with overtime. I hate this Challenge, I'll quit trying.
  • Just dump the puck then go for hits I did it easy had 10 hits before halfway through 2nd
  • monz
    957 posts Member
    Has anyone done any of the rookie challenges? Mind numbing, a three year old with no hands could easily do these. Absolutely zero sense in these, challenges should be a challenge!
  • monz wrote: »
    Has anyone done any of the rookie challenges? Mind numbing, a three year old with no hands could easily do these. Absolutely zero sense in these, challenges should be a challenge!

Do superstar or All-star then? You can't exactly complain about something being too easy, when you're playing on the easiest difficulty. You can in fact skip the lower difficulty challenges and go right for the hard ones.
  • Jason-correct. Take a penalty too so there will be no icing. As soon as a opposing player passes, hammer him. You’ll probably be penalized but so what? You’ll get credit for a hit. This “challenge”’is easy
  • reengerg wrote: »
    Jason-correct. Take a penalty too so there will be no icing. As soon as a opposing player passes, hammer him. You’ll probably be penalized but so what? You’ll get credit for a hit. This “challenge”’is easy

Ya, the only time it's annoying is when the ai constantly back skates towards their own zone and somehow position themselves to avoid a hit. But usually it is very easy. Especially when winning isn't required.
  • monz
    957 posts Member
    monz wrote: »

Do superstar or All-star then? You can't exactly complain about something being too easy, when you're playing on the easiest difficulty. You can in fact skip the lower difficulty challenges and go right for the hard ones.

You are correct sir, i have skipped them. but not the point of my comment, there called challenges. Do you find anything on rookie challenging? I think not!
  • monz wrote: »

You are correct sir, i have skipped them. but not the point of my comment, there called challenges. Do you find anything on rookie challenging? I think not!

A true rookie who's never played before might.
    It has to provide challenges for a wide swath of skill levels. As hard as it is to believe, some people are absolutely useless in video games. These challenges are probably for those players.

Whether any effort should be made to appease those players is an entirely different subject lol.
  • Create a lineup of WC with NP and/or AD players and change the strategies and max out the energy sliders.

I also failed the 1st time trough and created a new lineup to boost agression, strength and checking and my AI did most of the work for me.
  • monz
    957 posts Member

A true rookie who's never played before might.
    It has to provide challenges for a wide swath of skill levels. As hard as it is to believe, some people are absolutely useless in video games. These challenges are probably for those players.

Whether any effort should be made to appease those players is an entirely different subject lol.

Basically my point.