EA Forums - Banner

Chel is where this game shines

I've played about 10 games the last couple days and this is truly where the game shines. No handicaps, no nonsense, 9/10 times the best team wins. The less AI the better. Human goalies need some love but overall 6v6 is the way to go.

That is all.

Replies

• That’s debatable.
  • I've played about 10 games the last couple days and this is truly where the game shines. No handicaps, no nonsense, 9/10 times the best team wins. The less AI the better. Human goalies need some love but overall 6v6 is the way to go.

That is all.

Im going to disagree

I think EA just needs to remove this mode entirely considering the low volume of traffic and inability to monetize features as effectively as hut.

The lobbies are toxic and nobody buys the game to play chel.

But hey squad battles is great !
  • DocShady
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    [quote="Above1988;c-2096148"][quote="Taste-D-Rainbow;d-250681"]I've played about 10 games the last couple days and this is truly where the game shines. No handicaps, no nonsense, 9/10 times the best team wins. The less AI the better. Human goalies need some love but overall 6v6 is the way to go.

That is all.[/quote]

Im going to disagree

I think EA just needs to remove this mode entirely considering the low volume of traffic and inability to monetize features as effectively as hut.

But hey squad battles is great ![/quote]

I specifically purchased this game to play CHEL. Its the only thing that keeps me coming back since they removed GM connected.
    Post edited by DocShady on
  • If you can get 5v5 with 10 good hockey minds then it will be hands down the best experience.

No doubt if you get a couple bad apples in will ruin it but the majority of the games I've played have had positive results.
  • If you can get 5v5 with 10 good hockey minds then it will be hands down the best experience.

No doubt if you get a couple bad apples in will ruin it but the majority of the games I've played have had positive results.

This for sure. I play LD exclusively and I rely on my RW for dumps around the boards or breakout passes heavily. If my RW is on his game, we create a lot of chances together. Good players know how to elevate other players during the game.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    DocShady wrote: »
    If you can get 5v5 with 10 good hockey minds then it will be hands down the best experience.

This for sure. I play LD exclusively and I rely on my RW for dumps around the boards or breakout passes heavily. If my RW is on his game, we create a lot of chances together. Good players know how to elevate other players during the game.

It makes a world of difference if you have one or two players on the same wavelength, even if they aren't the most skilled on the sticks.

I too play D and if you have another good Dman and a good center, it's game over.
  • 6v6 (or 5v5) IS this game. Everything else is garbage.

Yeah yeah HUT makes them money, and some Hockey dorks like GM mode..

But 6v6 is the crown jewel of this game, sadly it is a shell of what it was last gen.
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    I've played about 10 games the last couple days and this is truly where the game shines. No handicaps, no nonsense, 9/10 times the best team wins. The less AI the better. Human goalies need some love but overall 6v6 is the way to go.

That is all.

Im going to disagree

But hey squad battles is great !

CHEL is the only reason I would even remotely consider buying the game. Every other mode could be removed and it wouldn't change a thing for me.

I don't understand how you think nobody buys this game to play 5s or 6s..... Unless you mean the new direction they took and called it CHEL, then I could agree nobody buys it to play in clown gear and outdoor rinks.
  • nobody buys it to play in clown gear and outdoor rinks.

I requested outdoor rinks a couple years back but more as an open skate, practice environment. Didnt think it was going to completely take over dropin.

I dont play Ones or Threes so the whole player customization is pointless to me.

Kinda wish they would just go back because some of the rinks annoy me.

I requested outdoor rinks a couple years back but more as an open skate, practice environment. Didnt think it was going to completely take over dropin.

I dont play Ones or Threes so the whole player customization is pointless to me.

Agree my friend. Totally agree.

Problem is, outdoor rinks people were talking about Winter Classics, not this CHEL pond junk. EA somehow decided this is the same and therefore what people wanted. Sadly, it is not even close. I guess this is what you get when you take Winter Classics and have it go out for a date with Fortnite.

ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! GET HIM!!!!

lol jk