EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

The Canal is Garbage

Prev1
Taste-D-Rainbow
2489 posts Member
edited October 2019
@NHLDev Remove this "map". It is cool to play on the canal but the shadows generated by trees is stupid. In scrums I cant make out who is who. Are the clouds storm clouds? Jesus. I cant see *. Remove the trees or remove the map altogether. I want to play hockey without having to decipher who is on my team and who isn't.

Replies

• It’s the worst!
  • I am still amazed that this made it into the final game and didn't get flagged as a major issue during development. Even worse is the fact that this has not been fixed after the backlash towards the shadows.

All they need to do is change the time of day in the outdoor rinks to avoid long shadows. It is a very easy fix. Stuff like this not being addressed is what enrages the community.

EA doesn't listen. It's like they are purposely trying to make drop-in the most miserable experience possible. No anti-trolling/griefing measures, broken matchmaking, clown gear, ODR, and now ridiculous shadows that make it hard to see what is going on. Drop-in is getting worse and worse and the community is dying as a result. Do something EA!
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2489 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    All they need to do is change the time of day in the outdoor rinks to avoid long shadows.

Yes, night games under the lights!

But seriously, last night was the first time I played on the canal and I hated every second of it. Reminds me why I hated the beta because I only ever played on the canal. Sucks but whenever I load into the canal I'm just gonna drop out.
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on
  • Absolutely insane that this map has not been removed from rotation. Such an easy fix.
  • Mc41DMB
    83 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    All these “maps” are so lame. They have random “themes” that have no relevance to anything & just another weak effort put forth like everything else in this embarrassing game.
  • How about just remove all the unnecessary shadows? Put it back to how it was in 19, but also remove the random cloud cover. This is an NHL game, not a 4K movie. No one cares about all the scenic stuff.
  • How about just remove all the unnecessary shadows? Put it back to how it was in 19, but also remove the random cloud cover. This is an NHL game, not a 4K movie. No one cares about all the scenic stuff.

Nevermind 19, put it back to what it was in NHL 18 and prior. Get rid of the ODR and clown gear all together. Give us back actual team selection, uniforms and an indoor arena.

• BassMan_PC wrote: »
    How about just remove all the unnecessary shadows? Put it back to how it was in 19, but also remove the random cloud cover. This is an NHL game, not a 4K movie. No one cares about all the scenic stuff.

Nevermind 19, put it back to what it was in NHL 18 and prior. Get rid of the ODR and clown gear all together. Give us back actual team selection, uniforms and an indoor arena.

Of course. But this is a quicker, easier fix they can do with a patch.
  • net_rogue1
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    How about just remove all the unnecessary shadows? Put it back to how it was in 19, but also remove the random cloud cover. This is an NHL game, not a 4K movie. No one cares about all the scenic stuff.

Thank you, I cant stress this enough. It's literally been years since we've been able to play as our favorite exciting NHL teams that we love to root for.... you know, the teams that this franchise is built on? "Chel" has been the most out of touch decision made with this game. EA, listen to your fanbase. We want Professional Hockey! Arenas, lights, chanting crowds, the occasional body check through a pane of glass! We want excitement! C'mon!! It's time to lose the tree shadows, farm houses, snow fields, tractors, helicopters, etc... I mean really, listen to how rediculous that last line sounds. I feel rediculous just typing it.

At the very, very least...give us the ability to choose one or the other, so that your hard work isnt for naught.

Of course. But this is a quicker, easier fix they can do with a patch.

“Can” being the key word here. Can but won’t.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1112 posts Member
    edited October 2019

I refuse to play on those outdoor rinks. Ugly , can't tell teams apart half the time, and the shadows are entirely useless, and unnecessary.

This isn't the kind of game that needs any "funky" customization. This isn't fortnite, and I don't want to look like the RingLing brothers opening act.

• They'd rather try and generate more money with the new HUT changes than listen to us about actual game affecting issues. The drop in world was destroyed and I think EA intended to do it.

I refuse to play on those outdoor rinks. Ugly , can't tell teams apart half the time, and the shadows are entirely useless, and unnecessary.

This isn't the kind of game that needs any "funky" customization. This isn't fortnite, and I don't want to look like the RingLing brothers opening act.

Agreed buddy.

And I must admit, it looks goofy coming in on a breakaway against a goalie dressed like Don Cherry. I am honestly ready to move on from this outdoor theme.

Agreed buddy.

And I must admit, it looks goofy coming in on a breakaway against a goalie dressed like Don Cherry. I am honestly ready to move on from this outdoor theme.

Time to get ready to play some drop-in!

merlin_130061807_3591eaac-f892-4439-8046-9812076fdaf4-jumbo.jpg

Agreed buddy.

Time to get ready to play some drop-in!

merlin_130061807_3591eaac-f892-4439-8046-9812076fdaf4-jumbo.jpg

Hehe, nice Chel goalie there bud :tongue:
  • Yuri19Hockey
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    MORE SHADOWS LETS GO, I DON'T EVEN WANNA BE ABLE TO SEE MY PLAYER

but seriously it's bad
  • MORE SHADOWS LETS GO, I DON'T EVEN WANNA BE ABLE TO SEE MY PLAYER

but seriously it's bad

Actually, yes. Add progressively more and more shadows and in 6 weeks, completely dark because the Death Star has blocked out the sun :smiley:

Too much?
  • Yuri19Hockey
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    EA next year:

We heard you guys LOVED the Canal, so this year, we're stepping it up a notch.
    We're proud to introduce, ThE LaZeR RiNk!?! With brand new Seizure Technology.

riqca5debe05.jpeg

Post edited by Yuri19Hockey on
  • EA next year:

riqca5debe05.jpeg

That's our rainbow road!
  • EA next year:

riqca5debe05.jpeg

LOL, that was pretty funny actually.

But, I think it would be called the L4Z3R Canal :tongue: