EA Forums - Banner

This eashl in its current state is causing...

...hate, lots of it. Today and yesterday was nothing more than my team screaming, criticizing, belittling teammates, rage quiting, etc. Reason, how easy it is to score with glitchy/exploit goals and lack of defense from goalie to d men(code). Please get another update in soon. Please for the love of hockey!! People are losing their minds!! Good Lord do something quick.🖖

Replies

• TW_Groo
    2 posts New member
    games is pretty awful. I just don't think they care. This garbage is by design, not error.
  • CDBently80
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Couldn't agree with you more on this post! My team is in the same boat. If you don't play 6s then you're completely screwed with the AI teammates and opponents. What I find even more infuriating is the fact EA comes out every season and says "we've fixed the AI goalies being so OP this year" or "we've revamped the AI defense". Every single year they get better! what I mean is they get less realistic! their positioning and ability to anticipate and read plays is literally at a Norris trophy winning caliber. Forget winning a puck battle against the boards with them because you loose every time! But answer me this! How can you go from being so OP defensively and then useless when it comes to moving the puck out of the zone or creating a offensive play????? I mean if I see my compy defensemen try and bring the puck out in front of the goalie one more time (which always turns into them wrapping the puck in) I'm gonna loose my you know what!!! you've broken game seriously, have you tried finding a game lately??? You literally have to site for 15 min until you find another team to play! Its bad this year! If you don't care about this mode then just get rid of it and dump all your efforts into making NHL HUT 21!

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • TeeMan69X
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Just remember. This game is made for forwords and quitters. Defense and goalie doesn't really matter!!!
  • Can't agree more on basically everything said previous to this comment on this post. My entire club who have been together playing Division 1 while also consistently having terrific records for the past 6 years+, are completely ready to quit playing until there are gameplay slider changes. At current, we're down to playing about once a week and even that's not looking good at this point. After only a few games everyone is on the road to rage quitting for the night. NHL 20 has some great new puck pick up and shooting animations but the gameplay sliders completely break this game and make it unrealistic and frustrating.

I do think it can majorly be fixed enough to appease most people and make them happy if they'd just go back to last year's gameplay sliders or somewhere near. I can appreciate EA trying to make fix changes but they have a TERRIBLE history of going too far one way or another w/those changes. Please EA fix your game. Give us some gameplay slider tuner changes.

These are some of the changes I think need fixing the most:

Poke checking - even w/good positioning there are still too many trip penalties. Successful poke checks need to create more puck separation. Smaller glance pokes should require more time to recover/reacquire a puck. (no instant recovery)

Defensive stick - often magnetizes to feet and trip anyway.

Body Checks - hit bubbles/invisible forcefields are unrealistic. Big hits often takes a players way too far out of the play. A big hit can drag a player 10-15 ft out of the play. Most times the player being hit recovers almost as fast as the player doing the hitting.

Puck interceptions - even after "fix" they are still way too high. Still see players facing the wrong direction picking off passes. Overall interceptions all over seem too high. (probably the biggest problem)

Airborne and bouncing pucks - handeye or puck pickup is too high? Bouncing pucks or pucks in air are magnetized and instantly appear on sticks. Hardly any settling of the puck or puck bobbling. It's just unrealistic. Goes from 2-3 ft off ice to instant puck possession/movement. Most times looking more like football catch than a hockey play.

AI players - some of their stats are too high. Their ability to read a play and their reaction time is WAY too fast. When Ai can react faster than human players, there's an obvious problem. AI players shouldn't be better and able to react faster than human players.
  • Its frustrating thats for sure.
  • Can't agree more on basically everything said previous to this comment on this post. My entire club who have been together playing Division 1 while also consistently having terrific records for the past 6 years+, are completely ready to quit playing until there are gameplay slider changes. At current, we're down to playing about once a week and even that's not looking good at this point. After only a few games everyone is on the road to rage quitting for the night. NHL 20 has some great new puck pick up and shooting animations but the gameplay sliders completely break this game and make it unrealistic and frustrating.

I do think it can majorly be fixed enough to appease most people and make them happy if they'd just go back to last year's gameplay sliders or somewhere near. I can appreciate EA trying to make fix changes but they have a TERRIBLE history of going too far one way or another w/those changes. Please EA fix your game. Give us some gameplay slider tuner changes.

These are some of the changes I think need fixing the most:

Poke checking - even w/good positioning there are still too many trip penalties. Successful poke checks need to create more puck separation. Smaller glance pokes should require more time to recover/reacquire a puck. (no instant recovery)

Defensive stick - often magnetizes to feet and trip anyway.

Body Checks - hit bubbles/invisible forcefields are unrealistic. Big hits often takes a players way too far out of the play. A big hit can drag a player 10-15 ft out of the play. Most times the player being hit recovers almost as fast as the player doing the hitting.

Puck interceptions - even after "fix" they are still way too high. Still see players facing the wrong direction picking off passes. Overall interceptions all over seem too high. (probably the biggest problem)

Airborne and bouncing pucks - handeye or puck pickup is too high? Bouncing pucks or pucks in air are magnetized and instantly appear on sticks. Hardly any settling of the puck or puck bobbling. It's just unrealistic. Goes from 2-3 ft off ice to instant puck possession/movement. Most times looking more like football catch than a hockey play.

AI players - some of their stats are too high. Their ability to read a play and their reaction time is WAY too fast. When Ai can react faster than human players, there's an obvious problem. AI players shouldn't be better and able to react faster than human players.

Couldn't agree with you more on literally everything you said! I can deal with almost all the garbage everyone is talking about here but the one thing I just cant is the AI! They are sooooooooooooo OP that really it feels like a personal dis by EA to all of us! Its that or no one in that department has hockey experience or actually played the game of hockey in real life. I know that insulting but when you really stop and watch a game especially with the computer defensemen its like watching the Norris Trophy winner from the real NHL season and even they make more mistakes then NHL20's computer D do! Perfect routes to loose pucks, Never and I mean NEVER bites on dekes or deceptive moves, Always intercepts passes, Aways wins battles along boards, my favorite- even when you get one or two of your teammates to outnumber and overwhelm, the escapabilty of the computer defensemen are mind boggling! The AI really needs to be addressed!
  • At the start of the year, I thought this was the greatest iteration ever (even if the poking sensitivity is a tad high), but wow, after 200 EASHL games the problems are so glaring it makes having fun a chore. Consistency is key and, just like every year, I really hope the next game gets it right