EA Forums - Banner

Why have competitive seasons

Dear EA....

If you refuse to address the random AI play and refuse to patch the game so cheese heads can’t abuse all your programming flaws then why bother having competitive seasons and the new Rival mode....why bother having an online vs game at all.
Nothing like losing several places because of things you can’t control and no win less rewarding when you thump someone because they were on the other end of it. It just makes games win or lose no fun

Replies

• and why is it you either get smoked or you smoke someone. Never an even game. Almost every game is lopsided one way or the other. What's so competitive about that?
  • monz
    905 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Dear EA....

If you refuse to address the random AI play and refuse to patch the game so cheese heads can’t abuse all your programming flaws then why bother having competitive seasons and the new Rival mode....why bother having an online vs game at all.
    Nothing like losing several places because of things you can’t control and no win less rewarding when you thump someone because they were on the other end of it. It just makes games win or lose no fun

Because not everyone has the same game experience that you do. I enjoy playing online, my only real gripe are some of the cheese tatics employed by a class of shamless human beings. puck raggers, AFKers, replay watchers etc.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    monz wrote: »
    Dear EA....

Because not everyone has the same game experience that you do. I enjoy playing online, my only real gripe are some of the cheese tatics employed by a class of shamless human beings. puck raggers, AFKers, replay watchers etc.

Then you are kind of experiencing what I am....they only get away with that crap because the AI is terribly flawed. No way ever should someone just be able to skate around, LT abuse, and cheese all game and without good reasonable play by your AI it’s impossible to stop on your own.
  • monz
    905 posts Member
    Dear EA....

Then you are kind of experiencing what I am....they only get away with that crap because the AI is terribly flawed. No way ever should someone just be able to skate around, LT abuse, and cheese all game and without good reasonable play by your AI it’s impossible to stop on your own.

I never said i find it impossible to stop, quite the contrary actually. I just find it goes against the moral fibers of the game. Hockey is stepped in tradition and sportsmanship.
  • monz wrote: »
    Dear EA....

I never said i find it impossible to stop, quite the contrary actually. I just find it goes against the moral fibers of the game. Hockey is stepped in tradition and sportsmanship.

Agreed. Maybe impossible is the wrong word....much more difficult to stop when your AI takes a holiday....
  • The losers engaging in endless glitches/ragging etc. have no idea what it tradition and or sportsmanship is.
  • reengerg wrote: »
    The losers engaging in endless glitches/ragging etc. have no idea what it tradition and or sportsmanship is.

Yet EA only caters to them. Sad, sad ,sad.