EA Forums - Banner

End of game

EA PLEASE get rid of the forced end of game highlights. Let us hit the A button or whatever and end the game immediately. So annoying and unnecessary. If you want to watch highlights you can if not we shouldn’t be forced to sit there

Replies

• I agree. Completely useless feature. Just a waste of time
  • Believe it or not I saw some interview that some people actually wanted this in the game , again EA catering to the few
  • For those who wanted it..,,why, since you can watch all of the goal replays after the game as many times as you want? Or ok fine, give us the choice to bypass it
  • Total waste of time.the replayfeature has alwaysbeen part of the game anyway. No true player wants or needs this. Please delete from game.

Thanks EA 🌝
  • reengerg wrote: »
    EA PLEASE get rid of the forced end of game highlights. Let us hit the A button or whatever and end the game immediately. So annoying and unnecessary. If you want to watch highlights you can if not we shouldn’t be forced to sit there

I agree that they should make it skippable. You can press Option/Start though and then choose resume and the game skip directly to the end menu. It doesn’t work for the end of the first and second period though, only at the end of the game.
  • I agree that they should make it skippable. You can press Option/Start though and then choose resume and the game skip directly to the end menu. It doesn’t work for the end of the first and second period though, only at the end of the game.

Only for off-line games - you still have sit through the misery (winning or losing) of seeing the slow mo "highlights" and ridiculous parade of winning players around the neutral zone in online games when all we want to do is either:
    1. As the winner see how many points / coins we've won, or
    2. As the loser forget the last game and move onto the next one as quickly as possible.

• Jetset95 wrote: »
    I agree that they should make it skippable. You can press Option/Start though and then choose resume and the game skip directly to the end menu. It doesn’t work for the end of the first and second period though, only at the end of the game.

Only for off-line games - you still have sit through the misery (winning or losing) of seeing the slow mo "highlights" and ridiculous parade of winning players around the neutral zone in online games when all we want to do is either:
    1. As the winner see how many points / coins we've won, or
    2. As the loser forget the last game and move onto the next one as quickly as possible.

Yes, you’re right. I don’t play online that much, I forgot it.
  • reengerg wrote: »

And only offline. Online, you're watching a lot of replays. Then you get the clowns watching replays within the period that actually can be skipped.

Outside of the inconsistent ai (super God mode or Helen Keller mode), and seemingly worse servers than ever, not being able to skip replays is one of my top annoyances, this year.
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    reengerg wrote: »

And only offline. Online, you're watching a lot of replays. Then you get the clowns watching replays within the period that actually can be skipped.

Outside of the inconsistent ai (super God mode or Helen Keller mode), and seemingly worse servers than ever, not being able to skip replays is one of my top annoyances, this year.

I agree about the replays, they should make it faster, just to play hockey. I’ve been stuck many games with some people that didn’t skip anything, just to discourage me and make me quit. I was winning and was not in a hurry so I stayed.

They should just skip all the replays and wait time during online games. You give everybody like 1 or 2 pauses that they can use at any time during the game and then that’s it. Some people abuse wasting others time just to make them rage quit and rack up wins. I’ve played a guy once that didn’t play a second in the game, it was really boring and long.
  • I’ve been stuck many games with some people that didn’t skip anything, just to discourage me and make me quit. I was winning and was not in a hurry so I stayed.

I would suggest that not everyone you play harbours such a dastardly plan to make you quit the game - they might need to run to the bathroom, or have to check their email that came in during the period, or let the cat out, or....

You get the picture.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    I’ve been stuck many games with some people that didn’t skip anything, just to discourage me and make me quit. I was winning and was not in a hurry so I stayed.

I would suggest that not everyone you play harbours such a dastardly plan to make you quit the game - they might need to run to the bathroom, or have to check their email that came in during the period, or let the cat out, or....

You get the picture.

I know, but not for a whole period without even touching the controller. Anyway, the games that I was talking about they were playing at the beginning but just after I scored on them a couple of time, they stopped playing. If they are not going to touch a button, why are they not quitting. I don’t play to win absolutely, I just want to play with someone. If they don’t, they shouldn’t ready up or just quit, so that I could start another game with someone else that want to play. I’ve played that game enough to know when my opponent is just trolling me or really had the go to the bathroom or something else.
  • Fair enough - I thought you meant in-between the periods sorry.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    I’ve been stuck many games with some people that didn’t skip anything, just to discourage me and make me quit. I was winning and was not in a hurry so I stayed.

You get the picture.

You can tell. Once? Sure. But when they got the ea advantage (when nothing goes wrong, and everything is a goal), and start scoring multiple goals, and watching every single one? Ya, they're trying to make you mad, and quit, or make mistakes.

Or in the case of afk, boumbidiboum, explained that part well enough.

It most definitely is a mental game.
  • reengerg
    127 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    They don’t quit so they get the 500+ coins for finishing the game. You get a loss either way so may as well walk away for 15 minutes and collect the points. Total crap, I dont like it but...

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on