EA Forums - Banner

EA CANADA does NOT hire hockey people,nor have they ever!

I am gonna give you a perfect example here! Look back at the 16 bit era,all they did despite how great NHL 94 was..was have people produce them who knew nothing about the game of hockey and had to learn it..penalty shots they knew nothing about for one! goalie positioning ruined NHL 95! other than the goalies, the game was perfect. NHL 96 they made the mistake of listening to you..the gammers,and the game was made so poorly that it became so arcade like that you could no longer even puck cycle but the goaltending still sucked!
By the way..if you play vs CHICAGO,NEW JERSEY on 95, goaltending is good! Why they did not make every other goalie play like ED BELFOUR and make Ed alittle stronger yet is beyond me!.He slid into the one timers and slappers beautyfully.
I see why NHL GAMES of today are so bad! lazyness and they refuse to add saving lines and stratagies..makes me sick! EA better change cause alot of people leave when others wanna edit lines...That is on you EA!. Get serious and do what we ask for!.
Skil; stick ruins hockey and why? Defence can't transition fast enough to defend it! so scrap it!. It's way over used and no one plays sim hockey anymore. Learn how to puck cycle or don't bother playing games.

Replies

• I'll debunk your post with 1 name.
    David Littman.

The game has issues, but i think you should probably stick to table top hockey.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Yeah..he did a great job with everything else in the games up till 96. I think the old stuff is better especially as a two player game than today's stuff. 96 I think is when Ice Tilt comeback feature really started.Thats when the transition to crap goals against started cause hitting became useless.
    I still think the Super NES version of 94 had the best defence controls but they never kept it but should be in today's games.
  • I'll debunk your post with 1 name.
    David Littman.

The game has issues, but i think you should probably stick to table top hockey.

Rammer is a Vancouver native. So is Ben Ross, I believe? In fact most of their people are Vancouver natives.

I mean, EA Canada is in Vancouver, so you'd think... I mean, most of the people working at Ubisoft here in Montreal are Montrealers. Duh!
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Hmm...did not realize this. Can Ubisoft make a hockey game? lol.
  • Hmm...did not realize this. Can Ubisoft make a hockey game? lol.

Why would you ever want that? They'd make it always online just like all the trash they put out these days.
  • Hmm...did not realize this. Can Ubisoft make a hockey game? lol.

Actually, there was a rumour a long time ago that Ubi was looking into buying Microsoft's NHL Rivals license when MS decided to scrap their XSN (Xbox Sports Network) lineup of games.

It never went anywhere, but man... It would've been cool!
  • RSall14 wrote: »

Why would you ever want that? They'd make it always online just like all the trash they put out these days.

Always online with a massive open world!
  • RSall14 wrote: »

Always online with a massive open world!

Yeah... But sadly, they'd at least release a steady stream of patches until they fixed the game. That's the Ubisoft M.O.: Botch the release, then patch until it's fixed 6 months later.