EA Forums - Banner

Questions about coaches, strategies and line bonuses

How much your actual tactics need to be exact same as the head coaches to get the line chemistry bonuses?
Probably the line tactics ofc but how about the other stuff, like forechecking style/pressure, neutral zone, powerplay tactics etc, meaning everything apart from line/pairing tactics?

Will for example chancing forechecking system from 2-3 to 1-2-2 passive null the line chemistry bonuses?

When I chance EVERYTHING, including line/pairings to not match the head coach at all, the edit lines screen still shows the bonuses, why is that? It would have been pretty easy to somehow tell when then bonuses are actually activated and when not?

At the moment is there really NO WAY to know if the actual coaching system is even activated?

Replies

• ill start by saying that the system this year is horrible. IT was a good idea but it all is determined by the coaches scheme which can not be altered. I have never heard of a coach in any sport that would not change up or modify his scheme during the season.

For me, it does not matter if I manualy change what each line is doing to match the coaches scheme. IT just matters if the players prefferences match the scheme.

I know its active when I see the +3 or +5 or +1 next to each line in the edit line screen. I can feel the difference on a few guys, especially the defenders who have +5, its the easiest to tell with D.

The system is flawed and you are right, it would be nice to see something during game that says what boost they have

I want scheme fit optional but line chem active. I was able to get all D pairings to have a plus 5 by making one player a defensive D and one player an offensive D. and I found out that if you edit players, you can add chem by making the forwards PLY PLY SNP that adds chem,
  • It was a nice idea ea but it was not implemented correctly. Coaches can adapt their style for his players and gms. Players can adapt different tendencies from being coached. Although I don’t think players can just change who they are, maybe have attribute limits for what type of player they are? Like joe Thornton would like to carry the puck more and is a playmaker. He could adapt to a dump system but he is still playmaker joe Thornton. I then wish you could get like a chemistry bonus from successful playing time with each other they can build it with line mates. So even a -1 could become the +5 over time seeing success together. If they struggle it could even go down. That way you don’t need to force player types, but at the same time if a different type fits the players abilities you can change it.
  • > @TaintedJedi said:
    > ill start by saying that the system this year is horrible. IT was a good idea but it all is determined by the coaches scheme which can not be altered. I have never heard of a coach in any sport that would not change up or modify his scheme during the season.
    >
    > For me, it does not matter if I manualy change what each line is doing to match the coaches scheme. IT just matters if the players prefferences match the scheme.
    >
    > I know its active when I see the +3 or +5 or +1 next to each line in the edit line screen. I can feel the difference on a few guys, especially the defenders who have +5, its the easiest to tell with D.
    >
    > The system is flawed and you are right, it would be nice to see something during game that says what boost they have
    >
    > I want scheme fit optional but line chem active. I was able to get all D pairings to have a plus 5 by making one player a defensive D and one player an offensive D. and I found out that if you edit players, you can add chem by making the forwards PLY PLY SNP that adds chem,

But it will still show those +3 and +5 even if u are not using anything of the tactics that the coach is wanting, so they are not active, if I remember correctly, ea told earlier that if u change the line tactics to other than the coaches, then the bonuses dont activate, and u can still see the bonuses even though they are not turned on...

When u look at ingame edit lines, it NEVER shows the bonuses, wich is the problem, if it would, u would atleast know it has carried over to the actual match...