EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Indoor OTP?

Am I the only one who hates the the fact every drop in has to be played outside?

I used to enjoy doing a bunch of drop ins by myself but since world of chel was introduced, I have absolutely no desire to play this game if teammates are not online.

Replies

• Yes I want to play in an arena so bad. The shadows outside are insanely annoying.
    I hope one day we can wear team jerseys again, with fans in the crowd. All I play is drop-ins.
  • Yes, we want the old drop-in format back.
  • I agree and I don't care for all of the unrelated noises or the soundtrack during play.
  • It's the Lions vs the Gophers again, yay!!!
  • Give us the option to play Arena or Pond. See what people want.
  • I agree with EVERYTHING said here so far. I can't even play the outdoor modes because of all the distorted crap on and around the rink. We need to have actual team jerseys and numbers back. We need to be able to choose a team instead of being stuck with the same bland crap all the time.
  • de4c0n_fr05t
    268 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    They should maybe have a rink vote at the beginning of the game before it loads in. There are some FPS games that do this with Map votes. Show 3-5 different rinks at the top, players have 5 seconds to click on 1 for a vote. If there's a tie after 5 seconds, then the rinks that are tied have a coin flip.

Maybe have ONE outdoor rink with the Bobcats vs the Woodchucks, the rest should be INDOOR rinks and Teams/Jerseys from North American and European leagues.
    Post edited by de4c0n_fr05t on
  • They should maybe have a rink vote at the beginning of the game before it loads in. There are some FPS games that do this with Map votes. Show 3-5 different rinks at the top, players have 5 seconds to click on 1 for a vote. If there's a tie after 5 seconds, then the rinks that are tied have a coin flip.

Maybe have ONE outdoor rink with the Bobcats vs the Woodchucks, the rest should be INDOOR rinks and Teams/Jerseys from around the NHL and Europe.

I've also seen other online games where there is let's say 20 maps, but they put 4 or 5 on a 3 or 4 hour rotation.

Maybe EASHL can do that. Put say a few indoor and outdoor rinks and take a select number and rotate them on a schedule. But honestly I am just about done on the outdoor themes. They should just take all the arenas and rotate them online in dropins. I only play EASHL so I basically never get to see all the arenas.
  • They should maybe have a rink vote at the beginning of the game before it loads in. There are some FPS games that do this with Map votes. Show 3-5 different rinks at the top, players have 5 seconds to click on 1 for a vote. If there's a tie after 5 seconds, then the rinks that are tied have a coin flip.

Maybe have ONE outdoor rink with the Bobcats vs the Woodchucks, the rest should be INDOOR rinks and Teams/Jerseys from around the NHL and Europe.

I've also seen other online games where there is let's say 20 maps, but they put 4 or 5 on a 3 or 4 hour rotation.

Maybe EASHL can do that. Put say a few indoor and outdoor rinks and take a select number and rotate them on a schedule. But honestly I am just about done on the outdoor themes. They should just take all the arenas and rotate them online in dropins. I only play EASHL so I basically never get to see all the arenas.

Anything is better than what we have now. I have a feeling they're working on a bunch more outdoor rinks for next years game lol SMH
  • WainGretSki
    3265 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    They should maybe have a rink vote at the beginning of the game before it loads in. There are some FPS games that do this with Map votes. Show 3-5 different rinks at the top, players have 5 seconds to click on 1 for a vote. If there's a tie after 5 seconds, then the rinks that are tied have a coin flip.

Anything is better than what we have now. I have a feeling they're working on a bunch more outdoor rinks for next years game lol SMH

LOL, of course! Another new 900 items to unlock, 3 more rinks, and probably twice the shadows lol. Maybe this time have a rink on the roof of a skyscraper lmfao. I am thinking maybe adding eye patches and pirate hats to dress up our avatar lol.

"NHL 21, now with more shadows than ever before! Feel the excitement as the puck disappears in the corners for added mystery! Reserve your copy now!" SMH
  • Maybe this time have a rink on the roof of a skyscraper

DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!! LOL
  • Well fortnite is the clear inspiration for this recent philosophical change. With CoD MW selling so well right now maybe next year is going to be focused on giving us a bunch of different stick attachments and claymores.

HEHEH.

Try this idea on for size:

The rink can be like a giant screen tv. The "surface" would be video highlights of the past week in the NHL. So you get to play on the same surface that shows all the video highlights and the plays of the week.

Boom! 10 million sales guaranteed. You better pre-order for the next 3 years right now to be sure to get your copy!

HEHEH.

The rink can be like a giant screen tv. The "surface" would be video highlights of the past week in the NHL. So you get to play on the same surface that shows all the video highlights and the plays of the week.

Boom! 10 million sales guaranteed. You better pre-order for the next 3 years right now to be sure to get your copy!

WE HATES YOU BAGGINSSSSSSSSSSS!! WE HATES YOU FOREVER!!!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Maybe this time have a rink on the roof of a skyscraper

HEHEH.

WE HATES YOU BAGGINSSSSSSSSSSS!! WE HATES YOU FOREVER!!!

No you don't. I know you love me.