EA Forums - Banner

Devs mocking NHL 20 on Twitter

The dev team publicly making light of the gameplay of which you’re responsible for is downright shameful. Just goes to further prove everyone on here right, that the community voices, opinions, suggestions, and feedback are nothing more than a joke to you. What a great game, team, company...

Replies

• What were they saying on Twitter?
  • It's in a good place!
  • Mc41DMB wrote: »
    The dev team publicly making light of the gameplay of which you’re responsible for is downright shameful. Just goes to further prove everyone on here right, that the community voices, opinions, suggestions, and feedback are nothing more than a joke to you. What a great game, team, company...

If you mean the post by @Follisimo sorry but the twitter feed isn't run by the developers, it's run by the social media team. Add to that what is wrong with them making a joke at their own expense? If you think that the one handed deke in a penalty shot is the only thing in the game I feel sorry for you...
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Mc41DMB wrote: »

If you mean the post by @Follisimo sorry but the twitter feed isn't run by the developers, it's run by the social media team. Add to that what is wrong with them making a joke at their own expense? If you think that the one handed deke in a penalty shot is the only thing in the game I feel sorry for you...

If you read what the comments say it's pretty much mocking a real life hard to pull off move that EA made into an always goal pretty much. And you are right it's not the devs that made that post but more of probably a community manager or something.

For many seeing EA joke about this type of thing that is what has made a mockery of their game with stupid gimmicks that work too much all for the sake of appeasing God knows who. But it's not the people who want a great experience

• Sorry guys but the one handed tuck is not an automatic goal - I watched last years NHL World Gaming Champion play a game today and Mario Lemieux missed a tuck wide of the goal, and I've missed more than my fair share as well.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Mc41DMB wrote: »

You feel sorry for him for that?
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Sorry guys but the one handed tuck is not an automatic goal - I watched last years NHL World Gaming Champion play a game today and Mario Lemieux missed a tuck wide of the goal, and I've missed more than my fair share as well.

That's only if you do it incorrectly. But if you have some skill and now how to do it, it's money nearly every time. Just like this goal:

wyq2dj437361.gif

Is it every single time? No... But it's around 90-95%. Again, if you know what you're doing.

And really, nobody at EA should be mocking the sport in any shape or form.
  • theDynamiteJ3T
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2019

This is actually pretty funny. Devs can't control that 85% of players in drop in eashl don't play defense, including those who CHOSE to play as a defenseman.

• This is actually pretty funny. Devs can't control that 85% of players in drop in eashl don't play defense, including those who CHOSE to play as a defenseman.

But they could influence it by not making defense worse and less fun each year, and goalie much more so while we're on the topic.

• Welp at least some people at EA acknowledge that the Goalie position is on life support most games. To be fair, the situation in the pic he/she posted was due to a bad (horrible more likely) line change on Vancouver's part.

In EASHL this situation would happen because your teammates would be all the way at the other end tapping the pass button constantly while waiting for the goalie to make the save and then immediately pass it up ice to them. LOL!

• Man I was at the game last night, that was brutal lol Almost didn't look real. First thing I thought of was this reminded me of EASHL drop-in haha
  • jrago73 wrote: »

This is actually pretty funny. Devs can't control that 85% of players in drop in eashl don't play defense, including those who CHOSE to play as a defenseman.

But they could influence it by not making defense worse and less fun each year, and goalie much more so while we're on the topic.

That doesn't stop people who think they can be a 4th forward. The 10 year plus mentality of this community when it comes to playing drop in has nothing to do with the state of defense in the game and everything to do with the mindset of the players who play this game.
    If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.

That doesn't stop people who think they can be a 4th forward. The 10 year plus mentality of this community when it comes to playing drop in has nothing to do with the state of defense in the game and everything to do with the mindset of the players who play this game.

Online people will always be online people but, this game has chased away or encouraged position changes for a lot of decent defenders and tenders too. It all adds up.

Well the game is partly to blame for this in a sense because it never bothers to really teach its users the basics of the sport it's trying to emulate. You played horribly on defense? Well you get a bunch of C grades at the end of the game and, Hey look! You got an A+ on offense. Sweet!!

Granted, people are mostly to blame since they don't feel like listening if you try to point out their bad play. You're often met with "Hey, I can play how I want!" or "Shuttup goalie and make a save!" argument. Nevermind that even if I'm somehow capable of making 50% of the saves on 10 breakaways (which is the global average for goalies in the NHL), it's still 5 goals per game. And who do you think gets the blame for that? The skaters who abandoned the goalie to his fate? Of course not!

The game has always promoted offense to the detriment of defense or goaltending. That's how people "learned" so that's what they're gonna do.
  • langowski39
    71 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »

Well the game is partly to blame for this in a sense because it never bothers to really teach its users the basics of the sport it's trying to emulate. You played horribly on defense? Well you get a bunch of C grades at the end of the game and, Hey look! You got an A+ on offense. Sweet!!

Granted, people are mostly to blame since they don't feel like listening if you try to point out their bad play. You're often met with "Hey, I can play how I want!" or "Shuttup goalie and make a save!" argument. Nevermind that even if I'm somehow capable of making 50% of the saves on 10 breakaways (which is the global average for goalies in the NHL), it's still 5 goals per game. And who do you think gets the blame for that? The skaters who abandoned the goalie to his fate? Of course not!

The game has always promoted offense to the detriment of defense or goaltending. That's how people "learned" so that's what they're gonna do.

Disagree the game has everything in it to promote good defensive play...problem is this community which causes ea to tune the game in extreme ways. I am in no means an EA defender because EAs only fault really is the way tuners implemented. Matter of fact I'm sorry tuners shouldn't even exist. They exist to do one thing only please a community that has become so toxic its honestly getting close to CoD levels. And because the community up until 09(in actuality was and still is) centered around VS. its mindset has always been centered around it. And because of that reason the EASHL community has dwindled. Game improvements that benefit EASHL play get nerfed online because because of the VS. mindset. And because of this mindset we are in a position where I'm sure some of the Devs would like to put their foot down and tune and build the game the way they want; and say to the community this is the game we wanted to make the way we wanted to make take or leave; but can't. Why? Because numbers have dwindled so much they'd be out of a job. EA maybe a giant faceless corporation but you can damn well be sure the Market Research Department is in damn control of the direction this game goes. This communities inability to adapt which is what happened last year when a good game was built is why we are here. We tied the hands of the developers and now I'm afraid its really actually is not too long before we see the end of the franchise.
    Post edited by langowski39 on
    If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.