EA Forums - Banner

So sick and tired

Prev1
inupiaq-x1
73 posts Member
edited November 2019
So sick and tired of this handicap. It doesn't matter if you're playin online or offline if you have a better team you literally have to sweat beastly ai's and even if you put in work you play against a brick wall... meanwhile you're ai plays like crap and you cant even hit without goin on the pk. Disgusting.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• Preach brotha. I agree with you 100%. EA needs to take all the money they make off the packs they sell and revamp the game. Fsster players should be Fast. Hitters should Hit. And a 92 team should outplay a 79 team. Imho.
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Couldn’t agree more with this. Very frustrating when you grind out games and spend money to upgrade your team and the better your team gets the worse they seem to play.

Post edited by Socair on
  • I can bet you guys have no synergy. Get every player on the team synergized before voicing frustration.
  • I can bet you guys have no synergy. Get every player on the team synergized before voicing frustration.

It's odd. You think synergies really make that difference?

I just tweaked my team. Pulled that new small speedy Edmonton alumni dman (87ovr), swapped my leaders Giordano out for him, losing my takeaway kings synergy in the process.

If what you said had any element of truth in it, I should have had a harder time beating the superstar ai. The 3 squad battle games I played. I outscored the ai 25-1.
    I noticed no negative effects to any of my players whatsoever.

You have some interesting theories, but unfortunately, I'm gonna say you're completely wrong.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    prack7 wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more with this. Very frustrating when you grind out games and spend money to upgrade your team and the better your team gets the worse they seem to play.

Try lowering your team overall. Throw the lowest rated bronze goalie you can find in your backup slot. I have a stacked team, with only an 86 ovr (91 if I use my backup with a good goalie).

Once my team ovr goes to 87 or higher, that's when I noticed the oddities start.

It's odd. You think synergies really make that difference?

I just tweaked my team. Pulled that new small speedy Edmonton alumni dman (87ovr), swapped my leaders Giordano out for him, losing my takeaway kings synergy in the process.

If what you said had any element of truth in it, I should have had a harder time beating the superstar ai. The 3 squad battle games I played. I outscored the ai 25-1.
    I noticed no negative effects to any of my players whatsoever.

You have some interesting theories, but unfortunately, I'm gonna say you're completely wrong.

Synergies are the whole game. Let’s say you’ve got the three same players on your top line as me. You have no synergy. I have 3 team synergies and player synergies active. Do you really think you’re 3 will be better than mine?

Now let’s say you have 3 forwards better than mine with no sun active. I have 3 team syns active and some player syns. Although my players are worse than yours I’m still going to better or at least keep the game even.

There’s a reason each synergy has a name. Hold the Blue Line. Workhorse. Etc. Because it puts these players in that role with the changing of their attributes.

It’s not so much about the players actual attributes. It’s about how the players attributes correlate to each other overall.

For example. Let’s just use offensive and defensive awareness as an example. All other attributes the same. Two
    Players. One with 99 offence awareness and 89 defence awareness. And one with 99 defence awareness and 89 offence awareness. Two players, identical attributes, will play VASTLY different.

How you going to get by a guy on defence using heavy hitter and takeaway king? He’s getting a plus 7 to Defense awareness. Which in correlation to the players offence awareness it’s going to put it way out of whack and completely change the way that player plays.

So although you might have a Defense core full of 80 OVERALL players, the way their defensive awareness is correlating overall to their offence awareness is probably going to
    Make those players better at Defense than your 90 overall defenseman with 90 offence awareness and 90 Defense awareness.

He’s sitting at 90 Defense awareness and 80 offence awareness. Making him better at Defense.
  • Again. It’s the correlation overall of attributes to one another that makes or breaks a player.
  • 95 offence awareness and 95 defence awareness is not as good at defence as 95 defence awareness and 85 offence awareness.

In reverse, 95 offence awareness and 95 defence awareness is not as good at offence as 95 offence awareness and 85 defence awareness.

One player will be REALLY good at defence and one player will be REALLY good at offence.

The guy with 95 and 95 will be mediocre at best because he’s not specialized.
  • brightonearlytm
    94 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Another hint is “players with said synergy give said boost” doesn’t mean what you think it does.

I never said that. I have 7 active synergies. And i never said i didnt win. I win much more then i lose. Its just most of the losses come from very weak teams with no synergies or no coach. Weak back handers from the blue line. Your goalie taking a walk when someone comes down on a 2 on 1. Silver players rated 71 with weight of 220 chasing down your mcdavid on a breakaway. Thats what erks me.

It needs to be fixed.
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I can bet you guys have no synergy. Get every player on the team synergized before voicing frustration.

I have FB, TK, NP and IT active lol
    What I originally said holds true.
    Post edited by prack7 on
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I have TN SP BM HH and 1T active and when I play against base card teams, my team can't hit the net and feel like they're in mud ,my AI team mates don't even hold their positions
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I have TN SP BM HH and 1T active and when I play against base card teams, my team can't hit the net and feel like they're in mud ,my AI team mates don't even hold their positions

What's your team overall? I find my team performs significantly better when I have my team ovr at 86 or lower (87+ seems to trigger the super ai God mode). I honestly think team ovr makes a difference VS the ai.

Online though, I'm convinced it's strictly latency.

Purely anecdotal though, so ymmv.
  • inupiaq-x1
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @brightonearlytm. I have SP. 1T and HH for like 4 outta my 6 defense.

@Z0mbieBabyJesus with my actual goalies my team is an 89. With my 'offline' team my team is an 86. I saw that in another post and tried it then made this post after a crap game that I didnt get max points on... since that happened I dropped 3 players to try somethin diff and lowered the ovr to 84

88 eichel. 86 stamkos. 85 drouin
    91 lemieux 85 duchene. 87 McDavid
    86 Gartner. 90 toews. 89 morenz
    85 Matthews. 90 messier. 81 Hughes

87 chiesa. 84 phaneuf
    87 burns. 88 kronwall
    85 parayko. 84 regehr

• inupiaq-x1
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Another thing I love is gettin pushed forward and losing the puck..... or losing faceoffs to lower skilled centers online or ai and not even with counters
    Post edited by inupiaq-x1 on
  • I have TN SP BM HH and 1T active and when I play against base card teams, my team can't hit the net and feel like they're in mud ,my AI team mates don't even hold their positions

What's your team overall? I find my team performs significantly better when I have my team ovr at 86 or lower (87+ seems to trigger the super ai God mode). I honestly think team ovr makes a difference VS the ai.

Online though, I'm convinced it's strictly latency.

Purely anecdotal though, so ymmv.

Don't you find it funny and odd Mr Z that we have to lower our teams rating for our teams to play better .. mine is 91
  • Exactly. Shouldn’t have to play with an 86 overall team for them to play better. Better players should play better and the AI shouldn’t be affected by having a 91 ovr team. AI should play consistent throughout the entire game, offline or online. Isn’t this just another ice tilt convo lol
  • prack7 wrote: »
    Exactly. Shouldn’t have to play with an 86 overall team for them to play better. Better players should play better and the AI shouldn’t be affected by having a 91 ovr team. AI should play consistent throughout the entire game, offline or online. Isn’t this just another ice tilt convo lol

Lol well now that you mentioned it ,it might be
  • @Treatmentworke66 @prack7 it's all about the unwritten pre-determined handicap in the game haha
  • inupiaq-x1
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Just2h1djw8bowfr.jpg
    Just disgusting

[Socair - edited for profanity]
    Post edited by Socair on