EA Forums - Banner

91 Pettersson vs 91 Gretzky

91 Gretzky takes 12 icon collectibles to complete but 91 Pettersson the equivalent of 6. WHY?

Replies

• boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    91 Gretzky takes 12 icon collectibles to complete but 91 Pettersson the equivalent of 6. WHY?

Probably just because the gold collectibles price fluctuates more than the icon collectibles price. When a new event start, gold collectibles price rises because everybody want to complete sets for the new items and it slowly lower down as the event go, and then go back to up at the next event. Icons collectibles doesn’t change much because there’s no new icons released. If they do release more and you need icon collectibles for them, the price will rise.

It is mostly just based on offer and demand, like all free market system. If you have a lot of collectibles on the market for sell, but not much demand, the price drop. And the opposite if the demand is greater than the offer.
  • I personally heard that Pettersson is not worth 12 collectibles, kinda fragile feeling when you play with him, loose the puck often and bumped off the puck too.
    Not sure if anyone here can confirm, but quite a few people told me the same.
    Thus the reason I did not do him and waiting for the next event.
  • martmet wrote: »
    I personally heard that Pettersson is not worth 12 collectibles, kinda fragile feeling when you play with him, loose the puck often and bumped off the puck too.

That’s probably right. The Young Stars cards seem to be only for big fan of younger player, to have cards with decent overall of those players and be able to use them on your squad online.

I have 3 of the 5 master (Blackwood, Kotkaniemi, McAvoy) and some some of the others (Suzuki, Hughes, ...), and it is only because I love the players that I use them. They are definitively not end game cards (unless you really love the player no matter his attributes are), but they are nice and fun to use. Some of them, like Hughes, have really nice attributes (speed in Hughes case), that can be valuable if you use him at the right place and it fits your game style. Beside that, they are not ground breaking or a must have. There’s plenty of cheaper cards that play better, my opinion.
  • They are the same price 12 collectibles each worth roughly 50k

You get hosed exchanging gold collectibles for icon collectibles (2 gold for 1 icon) but that's not fair justification about the price being non equivalent.

• I appreciate the responses -- I'm looking at it more from the perspective in that you can trade 2 gold collectibles for an icon collectible, so 24 golds for Gretzky vs 12 golds for Pettersson.
  • You can trade 50 GP for 1 Icon or 1 gold. So Gretz and Pettersson have similar value.
  • I appreciate the responses -- I'm looking at it more from the perspective in that you can trade 2 gold collectibles for an icon collectible, so 24 golds for Gretzky vs 12 golds for Pettersson.

That's a different rip off. Price is the same
  • Just weird. If they both cost the same of each currency, then the two currencies should be independent of one another.
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Ah, ok. Yes, it is not a good set to do (two golds for an icon), not a good value. Better to hold on to the gold collectibles for next events. I don’t get it either, probably just created it for the people who only wants icons and wanted to trade their gold collectibles. Still not a good deal, but if you have untradeable gold, it can be an option, but still probably better to exchange them for an event item and then sell the item for coins. Maybe they miscalculated what the price of gold collectibles would be and it is higher than they expected so the set doesn’t make sense...
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1525 posts Member
    edited November 2019

They both take 12, what are you talking about?

Takes 50 gold players to make one gold collectible.
    Takes the same for an icon collectible.

Takes 12 gold collectibles to make Pettersson.

Takes 12 icon collectibles to make Gretzky.

Where you getting 6 from?

**the 2 gc trade for one icon... That shouldn't be a factor to consider at all. You don't make icon collectibles that way. Unless you have 2 gc's, need 1 icon collectible, and you're desperate to do it right "now".
  • martmet wrote: »
    I personally heard that Pettersson is not worth 12 collectibles, kinda fragile feeling when you play with him, loose the puck often and bumped off the puck too.

He started off slow for me, but has been a stud since he "broke out" for me.
  • Jeff_frm_Edmonds
    807 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm with @Z0mbieBabyJesus and don't think you can look at that 2 Gold for 1 Icon Colletable set for value. Collectable to Collectable is the better determination.

I took the Pettersson loaner and had a pretty good weekend with him but going to pass on the set. The Heavy Hitters event was good to me but I pulled nothing in these packs to build on.

ETA: Collectable to Collectable being how you aquire the collectable.