EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

NHL 20 Ratings Update Nov 21st

clappy_NHL
posts EA Community Manager
edited November 21
58d16488oxbs.png
yyoqf4awgox0.png
ihmdmk32kr9m.png
6t2st31mj760.png
h7klv99su41r.png
twlogmwaae10.png

Replies

  • Why did you add no missing Player images or likenesses ? So its only a rating update for online Players. @NHLDev .... will we see this year a Roster update with missing Player images and real Player likenesses or not ? Simple question, can we please await a simple answer ? Yes, or no ?
  • Are any AHL roster updates on the way? One guy's rating that always frustrates me is Simon Benoit on the Gulls. Should be much higher... perhaps a 71 or so...
  • Froommey wrote: »
    Why did you add no missing Player images or likenesses ?

    The answer is simple: laziness. Why would they do something they can't make money with?
  • Honestly I agree with 95% of these changes. Well done.
  • Froommey
    685 posts Member
    edited November 21
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    Why did you add no missing Player images or likenesses ?

    The answer is simple: laziness. Why would they do something they can't make money with?

    They can, cause if they add Bio Images ( real face likenesses no problem cause they scan every year a lot of Players ) they will make business in HUT too. HUT hasn’t any Quinn Hughes, Farabee, Wahlstrom, Fox, and other Players exactly about this no image reason in the game. So my question to the @NHLDev why they hold that back ? For next season or why ? What’s the reason ? All NHL Players are licenced, AHL, Junior Leagues, International leagues too.
  • Socair
    1878 posts Game Changer
    Froommey wrote: »
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    Why did you add no missing Player images or likenesses ?

    The answer is simple: laziness. Why would they do something they can't make money with?

    They can, cause if they add Bio Images ( real face likenesses no problem cause they scan every year a lot of Players ) they will make business in HUT too. HUT hasn’t any Quinn Hughes, Farabee, Wahlstrom, Fox, and other Players exactly about this no image reason in the game. So my question to the @NHLDev why they hold that back ? For next season or why ? What’s the reason ? All NHL Players are licenced, AHL, Junior Leagues, International leagues too.

    They can’t just put player faces in without the players permission. Legality issues hold some of this back.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Socair wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    Why did you add no missing Player images or likenesses ?

    The answer is simple: laziness. Why would they do something they can't make money with?

    They can, cause if they add Bio Images ( real face likenesses no problem cause they scan every year a lot of Players ) they will make business in HUT too. HUT hasn’t any Quinn Hughes, Farabee, Wahlstrom, Fox, and other Players exactly about this no image reason in the game. So my question to the @NHLDev why they hold that back ? For next season or why ? What’s the reason ? All NHL Players are licenced, AHL, Junior Leagues, International leagues too.

    They can’t just put player faces in without the players permission. Legality issues hold some of this back.

    Not necessarily.

    No player can be put in a video game unless they sign a PHPA (professional hockey players agreement). Once they do sign a PHPA, it allows EA to use their pertinent information, such as their name, height, weight, handedness, DOB, place of birth and likeness, including face scans and photos.

    So in effect, by signing the PHPA, they are already agreeing to allow EA use of their picture. No verbal affirmation is needed.
  • Froommey
    685 posts Member
    edited November 21
    Efbomb wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »
    Why did you add no missing Player images or likenesses ?

    The answer is simple: laziness. Why would they do something they can't make money with?

    They can, cause if they add Bio Images ( real face likenesses no problem cause they scan every year a lot of Players ) they will make business in HUT too. HUT hasn’t any Quinn Hughes, Farabee, Wahlstrom, Fox, and other Players exactly about this no image reason in the game. So my question to the @NHLDev why they hold that back ? For next season or why ? What’s the reason ? All NHL Players are licenced, AHL, Junior Leagues, International leagues too.

    They can’t just put player faces in without the players permission. Legality issues hold some of this back.

    Not necessarily.

    No player can be put in a video game unless they sign a PHPA (professional hockey players agreement). Once they do sign a PHPA, it allows EA to use their pertinent information, such as their name, height, weight, handedness, DOB, place of birth and likeness, including face scans and photos.

    So in effect, by signing the PHPA, they are already agreeing to allow EA use of their picture. No verbal affirmation is needed.

    Completely right, so no excuses for this EA. Why they made than Face scans of many Players if it should be not allowed ? Many real Players played this game in youth years, they want to be in with image and likeness not with bad looking generic faces. For example Fox said in an article after the face scan that he is proud to be in with likeness.
  • clappy_NHL wrote: »
    58d16488oxbs.png
    yyoqf4awgox0.png
    ihmdmk32kr9m.png
    6t2st31mj760.png
    h7klv99su41r.png
    twlogmwaae10.png

    By the way .... the changing of the Overall Ratings says nothing. Easy to change with reducing offensive, defensive awareness. Important is in which specific category’s you changed the Ratings ? So you need to show the complete old and new Ratings in detail of the Players or do we need to search for it in both Rosters ?
  • A bit of a joke that Nylander is an 84. He has been good this year.
  • A bit of a joke that Nylander is an 84. He has been good this year.

    84 for William Nylander is more then enough

  • I would do anything to have this job. I spend all of my time updating my personal roster update because they have a lot of players rated way too High (there's a LOT of players who are great at scoring but not very good defensively & still have a 90+ rating in Def. categories like Def Awar, Body Chk, Stick Chk, Shot Blk) & way too Low (especially bottom line guys who are Defensive specialists). Plus, they overrate a lot of players based on stuff they did years ago.
    I disagree w/ their ratings people & think they SHOULD react to a hot player. The game is only relevant for a year, why NOT adjust ratings to how they are playing NOW. They say they don't want to "overreact" to hot/cold players. I think they're taking that idea a little too far. It's been almost 1 & 1/2 years & teams/players still don't get recognized.
    The NYI led the league in Def. last yr AND this year, yet most of their D-men are rated 78-81 like a good AHL/Junior league player?! So the great defense was due to their Goaltender, right?! I guess not! Thomas Greiss (84 RTG) top 3 in Save % & GAA in NHL last yr AND this year (8-1-0 .938 sv% 1.98 gaa), yet he's still rated lower than 20 Goalies & the same w/ 6 more?
    J.G. Pageau is another good example. The dude already has more goals than each of his past 5 yrs, is on a -9 (goal differential) team & LEADS the NHL in +/-.
    Players 2nd-17th on that +/- list are all on a team w/ a goal differential of +10 to +22. If there's ever a case where +/- is actually relevant, it's this one! He's a +17 & the next highest forward on his team is +3! I think it's safe to say he's playing higher than an 82 level this year!
    I have so many ideas that would make this game just a little bit better & I'm sure there are a lot of others out there who do as well but our ideas fall on deaf ears.
    One example... Why not use the World Championships rosters to fill the "International" rosters? They've been the exact same for as long as I can remember. I think people would actually play some games w/ those teams if that were the case, esp. when the WC's are being played. Plus you can play with guys from the KHL that way.
    I mean...wouldn't you want the absolute maximum amount of customers happy as hell when they play your game/title? All the dough they make on his game, why not pay a dude to keep up on the little things. The details.
  • I would do anything to have this job. I spend all of my time updating my personal roster update because they have a lot of players rated way too High (there's a LOT of players who are great at scoring but not very good defensively & still have a 90+ rating in Def. categories like Def Awar, Body Chk, Stick Chk, Shot Blk) & way too Low (especially bottom line guys who are Defensive specialists). Plus, they overrate a lot of players based on stuff they did years ago.
    I disagree w/ their ratings people & think they SHOULD react to a hot player. The game is only relevant for a year, why NOT adjust ratings to how they are playing NOW. They say they don't want to "overreact" to hot/cold players. I think they're taking that idea a little too far. It's been almost 1 & 1/2 years & teams/players still don't get recognized.
    The NYI led the league in Def. last yr AND this year, yet most of their D-men are rated 78-81 like a good AHL/Junior league player?! So the great defense was due to their Goaltender, right?! I guess not! Thomas Greiss (84 RTG) top 3 in Save % & GAA in NHL last yr AND this year (8-1-0 .938 sv% 1.98 gaa), yet he's still rated lower than 20 Goalies & the same w/ 6 more?
    J.G. Pageau is another good example. The dude already has more goals than each of his past 5 yrs, is on a -9 (goal differential) team & LEADS the NHL in +/-.
    Players 2nd-17th on that +/- list are all on a team w/ a goal differential of +10 to +22. If there's ever a case where +/- is actually relevant, it's this one! He's a +17 & the next highest forward on his team is +3! I think it's safe to say he's playing higher than an 82 level this year!
    I have so many ideas that would make this game just a little bit better & I'm sure there are a lot of others out there who do as well but our ideas fall on deaf ears.
    One example... Why not use the World Championships rosters to fill the "International" rosters? They've been the exact same for as long as I can remember. I think people would actually play some games w/ those teams if that were the case, esp. when the WC's are being played. Plus you can play with guys from the KHL that way.
    I mean...wouldn't you want the absolute maximum amount of customers happy as hell when they play your game/title? All the dough they make on his game, why not pay a dude to keep up on the little things. The details.

    Agree to 100%. Me the same, more than 150 hours around the last 5 weeks to create missing Players, updating Roster. They teasing us only. Register and see with pictures there what I did during this time. My opinion stays for next year. There is no reason for us offline Player to buy this game earlier than in December about this Roster Chaos. If I decide to buy will do it in this month in used condition. https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/959851-nhl-20-created-prospects-thread-player-appearance.html
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!