EA Forums - Banner

Why nerfing teams vs AI?

blazedragon666
51 posts Member
edited November 2019
This as gone way too bad! Playing battle squad as done it, well, EA as done it! As soon as you catch the puck, the AI is starting to push you, can’t pass or deke or anything else! Your players are ALWAYS out position, your players can’t catch a pass nor intercept one! Your goalie do absolutely NOTHING, 6 shots 5 goals all the way! 49 shots and 2 goals!?

I’ve said it before and will always do, EA needs to let someone else take care of NHL! They’ve got amount of money from pack and stuff, it’s time to move on and let someone that care take the project! Get PC, bring back GM Connected, attributes in EASHL! Not nerfing every mode so everyone focus on HUT that as ruin the game since 2015!

Anyway, here to hope they go out of business any time soon
Post edited by blazedragon666 on

Replies

• WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I feel like a sucker playing 45 games last week, hitting Elite 1 rank, and getting one 83+ player in the name of Chris Clark (82 skating to boot) out of my reward packs.
  • Squads are easy on superstar most of time for me
  • jason12311 wrote: »
    Squads are easy on superstar most of time for me

Some are super easy, some are aggressive from another level! One on one battle are useless, goalie stop everything! If you just want to brag cause you’ve found a way to play against the system, congrats

• playing this year out will not be participating in any more fairness games after this season. Selling all my EA games :smiley: very miffed at the artificial adjustments to the ai in game. Wasting my time using me as an ai bot for noobs is not going to get financial rewards and loyalty from me
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Game is crap. Ice tilt, fairness adjustment is real. No way anyone is convincing me otherwise. Had no problems at all when my team was an 85 ovr for 70 games. Recent weeks with 50 games played with a 93 overall team it’s horrible. It’s real. End of story
  • prack7 wrote: »
    Game is crap. Ice tilt, fairness adjustment is real. No way anyone is convincing me otherwise. Had no problems at all when my team was an 85 ovr for 70 games. Recent weeks with 50 games played with a 93 overall team it’s horrible. It’s real. End of story

I think it’s incredible, that they need to adjust out players so when we face AI, we look like we’re playing rookie! I’m just done with EA, every year they ask to post videos, yet, same things happen over and over with more bug! I’m just dond
  • It's to the point good players are fielding half a team of 78 players. When my 88 team with one timer officially gets in 2 on 1 my receiver actually stops at the blue line for a pause so it's not gonna happen. Sometimes If they do continue in, they actually head to the side boards. Now that's fair like I totally deserve to be handicapped against players purposely fielding a lower team to get this advantage. Skating as well is reduced at least 15% and is beyond slow so you cant make any plays.

Meanwhile the player on the other side with 78 players are receiving fairness checking nearly I'm possible to check if u hit them they don't even lose a step -checking and pick up stat adjustment thanks kindly I love that too, and their ai is in perfectly placed one timers in front of an empty net cuz fairness is making my goalie stick hard to the inside post leaving almost the entire net wide open. Somehow EA thinks this is reasonable fairness presuming way down in the higher divisions 200 games in and almost 3 months in we still must have brand new shiny gamers who have never played the game despite being ranked that far up...yeah very wise in an online competitive mode.

Player on other side is surely laughing it up knowing this cheat essentially.

I'm appalled that we spent time getting ranked, have ranking points, and then there are adjustments. Why on earth did we spend any time getting ranked just to try to fool us? Right we are all stupid after all we bought the game didn't we, we must be

It's somewhat forgivable in offline mode but online....ha ha good luck ever seeing a dime from me again. I actually hope they don't fix this more and more people are learning this feature is for real not bad lag or any other excuse. It's intentional and an unforgivable decision in the creation of the game design.
  • EA should lose all rights to create any games! Rigging game is the worst thing a company could do, they’ve ruin hockey, soccer and football for one purpose, their own!

Missing the net 3 inches from the goals, hitting the post, the AI goes 10 feet from the puck but still able the remove it from you! Look, I’ll pass, they manage to create a worst game than 2019 and I said it last year, they’ll keep getting better at rigging games! Have you seen EA responding to something? Nothing, they’re out of the picture!

One thing’s for sure, if that game wouldn’t have been free, I wouldn’t even play this year! It’s time that EA move to something else. Step down form gaming and let company that care about people and their passion, gambling as become one if the worst plague un this era and they’re taking advantage of that problem! Hopefully, they’ll go out of business anytime soon!
  • xd1vdrfygb48.jpeg
    And you’re wondering why people has stop playing your game? Not only you have rigged the offline battlesquad, you’re doing it with the online aswell! Once again, it’s time EA stop creating game, they only think about their own profit!
  • You should be ashamed EA. You won’t even own up to it....
  • Yeah squad battles has been a joke since day 1, the player's AI do not play on the same level as the CPU AI. Playing on the behind the net strat is horrendous, you get the puck in deep and pass to the open guy in the slot, only to watch him look at the puck go by to your d-man on the point, who then gets shoved off immediately for the CPU to have a break away. Or you get the puck in deep by railing along the boards, only to watch the puck do some magical bunny hop over your players stick. This game is on life support for me, as most of my game play for this time of the year has gone back to ESO.
  • boumbidiboum
    446 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    RSO75 wrote: »
    Yeah squad battles has been a joke since day 1, the player's AI do not play on the same level as the CPU AI. Playing on the behind the net strat is horrendous, you get the puck in deep and pass to the open guy in the slot, only to watch him look at the puck go by to your d-man on the point, who then gets shoved off immediately for the CPU to have a break away. Or you get the puck in deep by railing along the boards, only to watch the puck do some magical bunny hop over your players stick. This game is on life support for me, as most of my game play for this time of the year has gone back to ESO.

I disagree with you and think SB are too easy, but that’s not why I write. I just want to explain why the pass go by your man in the slot. It is just because of Pass Assist. You probably aim more toward the defenseman that the man in the slot. When you are passing, you need to aim toward where the players is going to be when he will receive the puck. The game Pass Assist system help you when you aim a little behind or in front of that spot where the player is going to be. You can turn that off in the controller setting (for online mode) and in the sliders (offline only), it will give you the full control of your passes and if you miss your spot won’t correct it for you. I prefer that (my taste), I don’t like when the game try to help me and redirect my passes towards other players that were closer or just because the player that I tried to pass to decide that it is not were he was going and let it go by. It is harder with no pass assist, but at least the puck goes exactly where you aimed no matter what. Yes, sometimes the AI will turn just after you aimed your pass and you can’t correct it so it miss, but it miss exactly where you aimed. Playing with pass assist seems to help some times (me) or a lot if you’re not very good at anticipating where the player will go and send the puck at the right place and right time for them to catch it, but it will correct passes that didn’t need to be corrected too and you have what you experienced. Anyway, to conclude, you need to aim where the player is going to be. They might stop, not reach for it or change direction just after you release the pass and miss, but what can we do, they are AI and they are not perfect. It happens when playing with other humans too (and in real life also), not everybody think the same think.
  • inupiaq-x1
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    btdssovd3o6c.jpg

Squad battles are all about the plus 5 goal spread..

I play superstar ai and I've been on both sides of the high overall and balanced team builds, honestly it's not really a matter of if there's a handicap, it's just a matter of when and to what extent.
    I feel like its brought on from havin a better team in some til ya fight for the momentum or in game because you're playin better.
    Post edited by inupiaq-x1 on
  • I get pretty good AI play overall. I know there are lots of talk about the rating stats and apparently Poise doesn't matter but I seek out high Endurance, Discipline and Durability and have none of the issues described here.
  • blazedragon666
    51 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks everyone for their opinion, but I don’t think it was about any of this!

My real concern is the fact my players aren’t at the same level than the CPU AI, they don’t catch passes, I aim top corner right shot, it goes bottom left, puck luck is incredibly strong for opponent, my goalie stop nothing or worst put it in his own net, my players watch the puck passing in front of them and I mean literally and just keep skating like they were on vacation! Why not just letting us enjoy the game without nerfing everything? Some are already abusing the game, badly, so just let us play the game at it’s full potential instead of just nerfing everything at their own profit!

Maybe then, just MAYBE then; people would come back to the series other than that the game is just getting worst and worst every year! It’s time EA take a choice of keepIng the game going the way they are, which is in a downfall or they take a few years off and rethink their approach! I just deleted the game yesterday, with no intention of playing again!
    Post edited by blazedragon666 on
  • If you can't beat the ai on superstar, then turn down the difficulty. Stop trying to play above your level, and then get mad when said level beats you.
  • jason12311 wrote: »
    Squads are easy on superstar most of time for me

Some are super easy, some are aggressive from another level! One on one battle are useless, goalie stop everything! If you just want to brag cause you’ve found a way to play against the system, congrats

I'd argue bragging that he can beat the ai on superstar, is better than complaining you can't. At least one of you knows what your skill level is at.
  • RSO75 wrote: »
    Yeah squad battles has been a joke since day 1, the player's AI do not play on the same level as the CPU AI. Playing on the behind the net strat is horrendous, you get the puck in deep and pass to the open guy in the slot, only to watch him look at the puck go by to your d-man on the point, who then gets shoved off immediately for the CPU to have a break away. Or you get the puck in deep by railing along the boards, only to watch the puck do some magical bunny hop over your players stick. This game is on life support for me, as most of my game play for this time of the year has gone back to ESO.

I run 4 lines with behind the net strategy. Not every pass gets through, usually when I try to force the play.

If you're playing on superstar difficulty, don't expect the ai to play fair. They get a boost. They cheat. It's supposed to be hard. Ya, I get it, you want top rewards and superstar difficulty is how you get them. Unfortunately, not everyone is good enough, and you're simply going to have to be better.
    Even I had to I git gud at beating the superstar ai.
  • If you can't beat the ai on superstar, then turn down the difficulty. Stop trying to play above your level, and then get mad when said level beats you.

Thanks for the tips, but this as nothing to do, once again, I beat them and finish on nice top 100, thanks for your concern!

I’m referring that teams get nerf’d to become absolute useless players!

Thanks for the tips, but this as nothing to do, once again, I beat them and finish on nice top 100, thanks for your concern!

I’m referring that teams get nerf’d to become absolute useless players!

How often do you change your strategies mid game?